• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Kimberix

Trusted Member
May be a dupe but my search thing doesnt work....

WICHITA, Kan. (KAKE) -
A Wichita mother and her boyfriend are jailed for murder and child abuse after the woman's two-year-old son died in an alleged case of child abuse.
Police arrested 22-year-old Elizabeth Woolheater and 25-year-old Lucas Diel for attempted first-degree murder on Friday. After the boy died, the attempted murder charges were amended to first-degree murder.
The child, identified as Anthony Bunn, was hospitalized in critical condition after emergency crews responded Friday morning to the report that the child wasn’t breathing at a home in the 800 block of Woodrow. EMS arrived, took over CPR and noticed injuries to Anthony's head and face.

Lt. Jeff Gilmore said Antony suffered severe head trauma that was inflicted by Woolheater and Diel.
The boy died shortly before 9 a.m. Sunday. It's the second child abuse death in Wichita this year.
There was a child abuse investigation conducted at the home in October of 2017, but there was not sufficient evidence for charges, Lt. Gilmore said.
Sara Eli dated Lucas Diel for a year in 2015, but says she broke it off due to Diel's frequent drug use and controlling behavior.
When she heard that he and Woolheater were booked in the Sedgwick County Jail, she was initially shocked. But she says after recalling the time she brought her friend's son around, that feeling changed.

"Then whenever he was playing, he played with him like he was an adult," Eli said.
Neighbor Nicholas Yokom went to high school with both Elizabeth and Lucas, and they can't believe what happened.
"I was real shocked when I first got home," Yokom said. "When I pulled up, all the vehicles were here already and then I saw nobody was outside at this point. And then I saw a bunch of people come out and grab the stretcher and pull it inside and saw them put Lucas in the cop car and she (Woolheater) was sitting in the driveway crying."
Yokom says Woolheater seemed like a good mom and doesn't believe she'd hurt her son.
"Maybe she knows something and is just not cooperating because she likes Lucas too much."
Kansas Department of Corrections records show Diel has prior convictions on two counts of criminal threat.
Anthony's death was Wichita's 19th homicide of 2018.

http://www.kake.com/story/38114404/...utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook_KAKE-TV

Her FB.... https://m.facebook.com/elizabeth.woolheater.56

His 'selfie whore' FB...
https://m.facebook.com/luc.diel.3

• A Wichita mother and her boyfriend are jailed for murder and child abuse after the woman's two-year-old son died in an alleged case of child abuse.
Police arrested 22-year-old Elizabeth Woolheater and 25-year-old Lucas Diel for attempted first-degree murder on Friday. After the boy died, the attempted murder charges were amended to first-degree murder.
The child, identified as Anthony Bunn, was hospitalized in critical condition after emergency crews responded Friday morning to the report that the child wasn’t breathing at a home in the 800 block of Woodrow. EMS arrived, took over CPR and noticed injuries to Anthony's head and face.

Lt. Jeff Gilmore said Antony suffered severe head trauma that was inflicted by Woolheater and Diel.
The boy died shortly before 9 a.m. Sunday. It's the second child abuse death in Wichita this year.
There was a child abuse investigation conducted at the home in October of 2017, but there was not sufficient evidence for charges, Lt. Gilmore said.
Sara Eli dated Lucas Diel for a year in 2015, but says she broke it off due to Diel's frequent drug use and controlling behavior.
When she heard that he and Woolheater were booked in the Sedgwick County Jail, she was initially shocked. But she says after recalling the time she brought her friend's son around, that feeling changed.
Who the fuck wrote this piece of shit, the janitor?

Seven months before 2-year-old Tony Bunn was beaten to death — reportedly for not eating a hotdog — the state was alerted to possible child abuse.

Records show the state's child protective services agency failed to follow through on at least one key part of the case, possibly missing a chance to save him.

In October, Tony's two grandmothers took him to a Wichita emergency room with unexplained bruises on his head and back. As required by law, at 2:09 p.m. on Oct. 18, the state's Department for Children and Families was contacted.

Social workers found a child who met the classic signs of being at risk: He was younger than 4. He lived with his mom and her boyfriend, who had a history of violence. And he was isolated — he was too young to go to school, he was not in day care and, after the emergency room visit, the maternal grandparents were no longer allowed to see him.

By May, Tony was dead. The mother and her boyfriend — Elizabeth Woolheater, 23, and Lucas Diel, 25 — have been charged with first-degree murder.

On Friday, in response to a records request and a court order directing release of most of the records, the DCF released about 400 pages of documents in Tony's case. The records show the system didn't follow through with inquiries. More than 100 pages were redacted. Dozens of other pages were blank.

In a separate, earlier summary on Tony's case, the DCF said that the mother and boyfriend dismissed the injuries by saying they were normal for a 2-year-old. The summary said a medical exam did not reveal internal injuries or result in a finding of abuse.

The grandparents showed the DCF pictures of Tony with bruises — photos the grandparents said were taken on July 23, Sept. 7 and Sept. 8. The social worker didn't have the mom sign a release granting the DCF access to medical records until December, two months after the investigation was over. Even then, nothing in the logs indicates that past medical records were requested. Tony's autopsy noted a healing fracture in his forearm — a possible sign of past abuse.

The records don't indicate whether the social worker knew the full history of Diel's violent past. The case file notes that Diel served time in prison after being convicted of a felony criminal threat in 2016. That year, a little over two years before Tony died, Diel's mother filed a petition for protection from abuse against Diel. The document, which is not part of the DCF records, includes a handwritten statement from Diel's mother saying "he pulled me down to the floor ... he had a choke hold on my neck and had the broken glass in his right hand."

The social worker and a detective interviewed Diel this past October. According to the case logs, he said he would never hit Tony.

The man who ended being charged with Tony's murder told them back then that "I love Tony to death."
https://www.kansas.com/news/local/crime/article214458044.html

Last edited:
Failed all the fuck around by everyine but the grandmas.......what a sweet looking baby boy he was!! I hope they both fucking rot in prison then hell

I hate this. The grandmas did the right thing. I’m sure there was a period of waiting/hoping it wasn’t abuse, or fear that a failed attempt to report might permanently remove any chance they had to be in the baby’s life and protect him. And stupid ass Kansas did just that...

@Satanica
May 13, 2019
The man accused in the death of 2-year-old boy entered a guilty plea to one count of second-degree murder.

Bunn was found unresponsive with what investigators described as injuries to his head and neck. He died two days later.

Lucas Diel, 26, Wichita, and co-defendant Elizabeth Woolheater were charged with murder in the death of Anthony Bunn. In May of 2018.

The plea agreement contemplates that based on Mr. Diel’s criminal history, he will face a sentence of 584 months in prison (48 years).

No updates on the Egg.

@Satanica
A man who last month pleaded guilty to second-degree murder in the death of his girlfriend's 2-year-old son, heard his fate Tuesday in Sedgwick County District Court.

Judge Jeff Syrios sentenced 26-year-old Lucas Diel to 586 months in prison or nearly 49 years.

Wichita Police officers were called to a home last May where, according to an affidavit, Tony Bunn was found with injuries to his head and face. He was not breathing when emergency crews arrived. He died days later in the hospital. At that time, police say the 2-year-old was in the care of Woolheater and Diel.

Diel addressed the court shortly before sentencing, issuing an apology and saying he takes full responsibility for what happened.

Elizabeth Woolheater is awaiting trial, scheduled to start in September.

@Satanica @Kimberix
A Sedgwick County judge on Friday ordered a Wichita mother to spend just over 19 years in prison for abusing and killing her 2-year-old son over uneaten hot dogs, saying the “sentence has been earned.”

Reading from a prepared statement Elizabeth Woolheater, 24, apologized for her role in Anthony “Tony” Bunn's fatal beating and abuse. Her boyfriend, Lucas Diehl, is serving a nearly 49-year prison sentence for second-degree murder.

“I know that I’ll never be able to make up for or undo the mistakes I made,” Woolheater said as she stood in court beside her defense attorney while several of her relatives, including her parents, looked on.

“I know that I failed my son when he needed me.”

But she said, “I do want it to be known that I did love Tony — and I still do — with all my heart.”

In tear-filled, emotional speeches to the judge, Woolheater’s family members said they hope she gets help in prison.

“If he was here, I think the only question he would have for you is, ‘Why?’ “ Woolheater’s mother, Nancy Woolheater said of her grandson in court.

“ ‘Why, mommy? Why didn’t you protect me? Why didn’t you love me enough? I loved you.’ ”

Tony died on May 6, 2018, two days after was beaten unconscious in his Riverside neighborhood home while he was with his mother and Diel, her boyfriend. Police who responded to the scene found the boy on the living room floor, not breathing.

Woolheater and Diel gave conflicting stories about what happened to Tony when they talked to police and neither explained the boy’s extreme injuries. She told authorities that she “lost it” when Tony refused to swallow pieces of hot dog she gave him for breakfast, slapped him across the face and hit him again while Diel held the food in the boy’s mouth, according to an affidavit released in the case.

She told police that she heard Diel hitting Tony repeatedly after she left the room and saw her son with a bleeding and swollen face, a broken front tooth and a cut on his lip when she returned.

Diel, meanwhile, denied touching the boy that morning and told police that Tony had been hurt falling out of bed.

Court records say Diel’s mother, a registered nurse, urged Woolheater by phone to call 911 when Tony stopped breathing.

But Woolheater “did not know if it was dire enough to call for EMS.”

Tony’s autopsy report showed other injuries that pointed to a pattern of abuse, including a broken nose, arm and rib and bruises on his face, back, stomach and buttocks. The charges Woolheater admitted to say Tony was abused for months.

Back