• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A woman was arrested after leaving a toddler along the roadside, according to Maryland State Police.

A witness saw the Talbot County woman threw the 18-month-old child in a field, according to police.

Elizabeth Newnam, 29, was charged with one count of second-degree child abuse and one count of neglect of a minor, state police said.

At about 7 p.m. Feb. 28, the Maryland State Police received a call from a motorist reporting that a child was left along the side of Route 328 in Denton, Maryland.

The preliminary investigation indicates Newnam was standing outside of her vehicle when a motorist driving saw her throwing something into a nearby field.

Thinking she struck a deer, the witness told investigators that they turned their vehicle around to help Newnam, who returned to her vehicle and fled the scene. The witness walked over to where Newnam had been standing and found a boy with visible injuries.

The witness contacted the Maryland State Police Easton Barrack and provided the vehicle color, make and registration. Using the information, troopers soon after located Newnam inside her vehicle not far from the location where she initially left the 18-month-old.

Newnam was located with her other 1-year-old son in the vehicle with her. Troopers detected signs she was possibly impaired, police said.

How in the world did the witness provide police with the moms registration? Did she leave it with the with the baby? Maybe she meant to include his birth certificate like a Cabbage Patch Kid and got confused.

Last edited:
I get sick of reading shit like this. I'm almost in my mid-forties and one of my biggest regrets in life was never becoming a parent. It just never happened for me. However, if I had been given the opportunity of being a father, you can be damned sure that I would have been in that kid's life every single fucking day. It's a privilege and an honor to be a parent, and these pieces of shit are abusing their kids and leaving them by the goddamn road. How fucking dare they.

Okay, midlife crisis rant over.

I get sick of reading shit like this. I'm almost in my mid-forties and one of my biggest regrets in life was never becoming a parent. It just never happened for me. However, if I had been given the opportunity of being a father, you can be damned sure that I would have been in that kid's life every single fucking day. It's a privilege and an honor to be a parent, and these pieces of shit are abusing their kids and leaving them by the goddamn road. How fucking dare they.

The father of my youngest? my surprise 'change baby' ? we were 43 when he was born. I have two grown sons but he had no children. It just hadnt happened for him and he truly believed it wouldn'. It was actually quite a hole in him although he never wpuld have admitted that.
He is the most devoted and proud father i have ever met. You can feel it beaming out of him as he carries his son around.
He knows so well what a miracle and blessing a child is.

If you can, I mean if your life schedule permits, think about becoming a foster parent. You don't have to be married or be female or be straight.
(Edit to say:) not saying you're gay or straight. Just trying to clear up misconceptions.
You could change two lives with one action. So many kids need parents that give a shit how their day was. Kids need to feel loved and wanted.
A lot of foster kids know they are just in a foster home for the check the Foster parent/s get. They live in fear everyday knowing today could be the day they move to a new placement.
That means they walk out of that foster placement with all their clothes in a trasbag. Get taken to a new placement. It might be better but most likely it will be worse. No guarantee they will be in the same school district and if they aren't, then all the friends they made are all left behind.

Last edited:
January 14, 2020
A Talbot County woman who left an 18-month-old child along the side of the road last year has been sentenced.

29-year-old Elizabeth Newnam was sentenced on Tuesday to a total of 10 years with all but 5 suspended. She will then be on 3 years of supervised probation.

In February of last year, Newnam was standing outside of her vehicle along the side of Route 328 when a passerby saw her through something into a nearby field. When police arrived on scene, they found an 18-month-old child with visible injuries. Newnam was pulled over by police a short distance from where the child was found, and also had her one-year-old son in the vehicle with her at the time of the incident.

Newnam showed signs of impairment and was subsequently taken into custody. The 18-month-old child was taken to a nearby hospital.

Last edited:
Back