• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Muriel Schwenck

Beloved Curmudgeon
https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/new...in-Her-Sons-Nose-Mouth-Warrant-481935781.html
7 May 2018
[...]
Elizabeth Malone, 28, brought her 6-year-old son to Inova Fairfax Hospital on April 19. She told the hospital he was bleeding from his mouth and tracheostomy tube, a search warrant says. Malone told the doctors that her son had been bleeding spontaneously from his mouth, nose and trach tube.
His tests came back normal, and the doctors couldn't figure out what was causing the bleeding.
On April 25, Malone told police that she put her own blood into a syringe and put it into his mouth and nose, a new search warrant revealed.
According to hospital staff, Malone's son had been admitted to the hospital seven times since February; he was admitted for bleeding twice.
The doctors became concerned that someone was causing injury to the child.
Child Protective Services was notified April 23, and the police were called two days later.
A camera was installed inside the boy's hospital room to observe what was happening, a search warrant says. [...]
The video captured Malone as she removed a syringe from a medical cart, emptied its contents and refilled it with an unknown substance from her purse, according to a search warrant.
Malone later told police that she withdrew her own blood from her arm the night before and stored it in her "personal bag," a search warrant says. She took the bag with her to the hospital, where she used the syringe to put it into her son.
The child immediately suffered a medical emergency, police said.
Doctors at the hospital told police that the child could have died had he not been treated properly.
When officers got to the room, they saw a red fluid on multiple surfaces, including on Malone, a search warrant says.

Malone's hands were swabbed for evidence and investigators collected her clothing.
Malone has been charged with child abuse and neglect. It's not clear whether additional charges will be filed.
[...]
The child suffered an immediate medical emergency.... Meaning he almost drowned in his mother's blood?
And I bet if they remove that trach tube and keep his mother away, the boy will have an amazing recovery.

I guess the threat came because their two types of blood weren’t compatible?
Like if I’m B Pos but receive a transplant of A Neg?

I don’t remember a lot about that science class, certainly didn’t realize it could be life threatening, short of being given bags and bags of it. Unless mom has some kind of cooties.

Maybe baby’s immune system would react harshly to mom being absent that week of basic high school science class.

Don’t ever give him back. Salt will be next, she’ll switch hospitals and that child will eventually be killed, craving attention over her now deceased child.

I guess the threat came because their two types of blood weren’t compatible?
Like if I’m B Pos but receive a transplant of A Neg?
The "Pos" and "Neg" combination wouldn't cause a problem. The "A" and "B" would.

In a nutshell, there are two possible major antigens that could be on the surface of a blood cell. One is called "A", and the other is called "B". Blood lacking either antigen is type "O". Blood with only one of the two antigens is type "A" or "B", depending on which antigen is on the red blood cell. And blood with both antigens is type "AB".

Rh factor, the "Pos" or "Neg", is not necessarily a problem though if it is then it is a big one. Its presence or absence determines whether the blood is positive or negative.

Putting it all together, a person who has O Neg blood can safely donate for anybody since the absence of these antigens causes exactly zero problems. A person with AB Pos can safely receive blood from any donor since, again, the absence of the antigen causes no problems. A person with A Neg or B Neg can donate for anybody with the matching type or type "AB", whether they are Rh Pos or Rh Neg, but can only recieve blood from a Rh Neg donor of the matching type or of type "O". A person with O Pos can only recieve type O blood, whether Rh Positive or Rh Negative, and a person with O Neg can only recieve blood from a type O Neg donor.

Clear as mud, right?

O- --> O, A, B, and AB, whether + or -
O+ --> O+, A+, B+, and AB+
A- --> A and AB, whether + or -
A+ --> A+ and AB+
B- --> B and AB, whether + or -
B+ --> B+ and AB+
AB- --> AB, whether + or -
AB+ --> AB+

And for the other side:

O- <-- O-
O+ <-- O, whether + or -
A- <-- A- and O-
A+ <-- A and O, whether + or -
B- <-- B- and O-
B+ <-- B and O, whether + or -
AB- <-- A-, B-, AB-, and O-
AB+ <-- A, B, AB, or O, whether + or -

--Al
Had the AB+ recipient arrow bass ackwards.

Last edited:
I'm O negative so I try to remember who else I know with O negative blood just in case I ever need a transfusion.

A Virginia woman who admitted putting her blood in her son’s nose and mouth while he was in the hospital said she did it because she wanted her son to get attention from the hospital staff.

Elizabeth Malone, a mother of three from Fairfax County, pleaded guilty to child abuse Wednesday.

“She denies any intention to harm her child,” her attorney told the judge. “She loves her child like any mother.”

Malone often disagreed with his treatment, but she liked the response she saw once when the boy was bleeding. That’s why she injected her son with her own blood to recreate those symptoms, her defense said.

But the prosecution said the injections left the child with infections and high fevers.

In a police interview, Malone first denied doing anything to her son, but she broke down in tears and admitted it when detectives told her they had it on video.

I don't want to intentionally cause him harm,” she said. “I know I did, I know I did. Punish me but please let me see my children again.”

Since Malone has been in jail, her little boy’s condition has improved dramatically, and he is now attending school, the prosecution said.

Malone will be sentenced in mid-July.

A Fairfax County, Virginia, woman has been sentenced to three years in prison for injecting her son with her own blood.

Elizabeth Malone, 28, was arrested on a charge of child abuse in spring 2018. Staffers at Inova Children’s Hospital in Falls Church had called officers after seeing Malone act suspiciously in the 5-year-old’s room, Fairfax County police said.

Footage from a hidden camera showed Malone pick up a syringe, empty its contents, refill the syringe with an unknown substance, then insert the substance into the boy’s mouth and nose, according to documents. The footage later helped confirm that the substance was her own blood.

Reportedly, the boy had been brought to the hospital seven times in four months. NBC Washington reports the boy was severely disabled, and the injections led to serious infections.
At the hearing Malone pleaded with the judge:

“I’m not a monster. I’m not an evil woman. I love my children,” she said.

Malone has already served one year in prison since her arrest. The sentence confirms she will spend another two years behind bars.

“We hope this sentence will help with the healing process for those whose lives have been forever altered by these evil actions taken against an innocent child,” said Chief Deputy Commonwealth’s Attorney Casey Lingan.

“This was a truly tragic case.”

I don't want to intentionally cause him harm,” she said. “I know I did, I know I did. Punish me but please let me see my children again.”
I hope she is not allowed any contact with boy until he decided he wants to see her.

Back