• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ghosttruck

Level 57 Taco Wizard
full

Casper police arrested a substitute elementary school teacher last week on suspicion of working while under the influence.

According to court documents, several teachers Friday reported Carrie Gross appeared “markedly impaired” while she was working at Pineview Elementary School. The Natrona County School District’s risk manager and the school’s assistant principal met with her. During the meeting she appeared lethargic and gave nonsensical or inconsistent answers to their questions, the risk manager, Andrea Nester, told police.

Gross, 39, declined to submit to substance use testing, the documents state. She did say she had used alcohol in the morning before recanting the statement, Nester told police. The district’s associate superintendent for human resources, Verba Echols, was also present at the school Friday.

Prosecutors on Monday charged Gross with a single misdemeanor count of use of a controlled substance. She has requested a jury trial, according to a Natrona County Circuit Court clerk.

Gross, 39, declined to submit to substance use testing, the documents state.
Declining this test is simply admitting guilt. I and many, many, many people I have met along the way only have refused testing of such when we knew it would be positive. Maybe not all the time... but why not prove your innocence right then and there? Dragging it out just to be proven you are guilty in the end just makes you an even bigger ass.

At a elementary school ?! I agree kids can be brutal and get under ones skin but why go to college and do the classes to become a teacher and fuck it up for yourself if you couldn't possibly handle the "profession" you went to school for ? What a waste this woman probably won't be able to teach again for this. I may be wrong but she had to of known what she was signing up for .It wouldn't of mattered either if it was personal you have to separate your personal life from you work.

At a elementary school ?! I agree kids can be brutal and get under ones skin but why go to college and do the classes to become a teacher and fuck it up for yourself if you couldn't possibly handle the "profession" you went to school for ? What a waste this woman probably won't be able to teach again for this. I may be wrong but she had to of known what she was signing up for .It wouldn't of mattered either if it was personal you have to separate your personal life from you work.
She is probably not a licensed teacher! Subs only have to take a class and then they are called as needed to either take an assignment or refuse it! SHE should have refused, LOL

Thing is I can understand showing up drunk or high to deal with a group of kids. Kids, especially the younger ones, can lack the mental filters needed to be tolerable in normal society. When you're supposed to be the one in charge or the primary care giver of a group of kids then you have a problem showing up in this state. But if you're just a participant in the activities and you have zero obligation to look after any of the kids involved then by all means medicate yourself however you see fit.

Back