• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Turd Fergusen

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
18001750-7421803-image-a-1_1567494552645.jpg

Beijing — An attacker killed eight students and injured two others at an elementary school in central China on the first day of the new semester, police said Tuesday. The attack occurred around 8 a.m. Monday in Chaoyangpo village of Enshi city in Hubei province, Enshi police said in a statement.

The suspect is a 40-year-old man surnamed Yu, who is in custody and being investigated. How the children were attacked was not disclosed. The motive for the attack was unclear.

According to the Guangzhou-based Southern Weekly, which cited staff from Hubei prison, the suspect was released last June after serving his sentence for attempted murder.

Full Story:
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/china-school-attack-in-hubei-leaves-8-elementary-school-children-dead-today-2019-09-03/

This is really going to effect his 'Social Credit' score! No more access to high-speed trains or internet for you Mr. Yu!! And your third cousin, the one you sneeringly called a peasant? Now he won't qualify for a "good" wife, he'll only be able to get a "bad" wife. One who smokes cigarettes and jaywalks..(check out China's 'Social Credit' system, where you are punished and shamed for such things as walking your dog off-leash, or not visiting your parents often enough)
And my Chinese stepmom would warn my fellow DDers, --Don't THINK bad thoughts about China! They can HEAR you!!

A kindergarten teacher was arrested in eastern China in April after 23 students were sickened in a suspected act of deliberate poisoning. The teacher was believed to have contaminated the children's food with sodium nitrite, the Jiaozuo city police said on their official microblog. The motivation for the apparent attack was not confirmed.
In October last year, a knife-wielding assailant injured 14 children at a kindergarten in the western Chinese city of Chongqing.
In June last year, two children were stabbed to death by a man outside an elementary school in Shanghai.
In April 2018 a 28-year-old former pupil allegedly seeking revenge for having been bullied stabbed nine pupils to death outside a middle school in northwestern China. Another 10 people were hospitalized with injuries resulting from the rampage in the rural area.

It just might possibly be time to have a serious discussion about school security there..

Seriously, China seems to be ground zero for elementary school attacks. So weird! It happens way too often.

They do some mad damage with the knives, but imagine if they had guns!
It’s people not guns that kill, why can’t simpletons get that through their heads, even as they read about non gun killings

I'll never get it. Just too slow, I guess. I bet if the schools all had guards there would be less of this bullshit.

The attack is the latest in a string of similar incidents in China.

The man was an ex-convict who had spent over eight years in jail for attempting to gouge out his girlfriend's eye, the report said. He was released from jail in May.

Back