• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Jaded

Staff member
A man attacked his girlfriend and then refused to go to hospital to see her before she died because he had not finished his beer, a Sydney judge has been told.

During a sentencing hearing in the NSW Supreme Court today, Justice Roderick Howie was told Edward David Zammit threw the woman against a fridge and a cupboard, after she told his ex-girlfriend that he sometimes hit her.

The court was told Deslie Ward had stopped breathing and had no pulse by the time an ambulance arrived, but Zammit declined to go to hospital with her, saying he was waiting on phone calls.

When she began showing signs of life and he was again urged to go to the hospital, Zammit declined, saying: "I'm waiting for phone calls and besides that they just poured me a beer".

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national.../2008/03/28/1206207394168.html?s_cid=rss_news

Jiminy Crickets! Do you think that she ever felt that, hmmm, I don't know...he didn't care for her at all?

I hate woman beaters. What punks.

But, I will wait to reserve judgment on him not going to the hospital with her until I find out what kind of beer it was. Cause, you know, you gotta drink that stuff while it is still cold...

Whatever kind of beer it was, it'll probably wind up being his last one for a while. I hear they don't serve that shit too often in prison....:drunk:

Why would they even want come see the woman he attacked? He should have been behind bars anyway. bah..
It would be my guess that they didn't know what exactly happened to her. Do you think he told them that he abused her? Hell no! He probably told them that they were playing and she accidently ran into the fridge then fell on the floor very very hard.

It would be my guess that they didn't know what exactly happened to her. Do you think he told them that he abused her? Hell no! He probably told them that they were playing and she accidently ran into the fridge then fell on the floor very very hard.

I hate when that happens! That's why I stopped running in my house....kept running into the appliances. :oops:

True off-topic story: Got a call from my orthopedist this morning just wanting to know if there was "anything I needed to talk about" in regards to my broken elbow. Like, why did i wait more than twelve hours to seek medical attention, etc.

My answers: yes, i really did trip, fall down, and go boom. Yes, i really am that stubborn. Yes, "noncompliant" is, in fact, my middle name. No, i don't remember extending my hand to catch myself, but I might have. And no, Talking Jesus doesn't beat me up or throw me into walls.

Apparently it's unusual to break the elbow in the way that I did it, and the fractures don't jive with the way i described the fall. Also, the associated bruises seemed a little excessive to the X-ray tech. But y'all, that was the third doctor i've seen this week, and the only one to even question my grace, intelligence, and domestic policy. So either I look really clumsy, or it didn't occur to anyone else to ask if there was an abuse issue. Interesting, i thought.

Anyway. :)

True off-topic story: Got a call from my orthopedist this morning just wanting to know if there was "anything I needed to talk about" in regards to my broken elbow. Like, why did i wait more than twelve hours to seek medical attention, etc.

Giggles....You are a nurse. They make the worst patients I hear...lol Yep, that explains it all right there....lol
:D

Back