• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ghosttruck

Level 57 Taco Wizard
full

Singer Eddie Money, best known for his songs "Two Tickets to Paradise," "Take Me Home Tonight” and “Baby Hold On,” died at the age of 70 on Friday.

He had been battling stage 4 esophageal cancer.

His family said in a statement to Variety: “The Money Family regrets to announce that Eddie passed away peacefully early this morning. It is with heavy hearts that we say goodbye to our loving husband and father. We cannot imagine our world without him. We are grateful that he will live on forever through his music.”

He also owned and ran a successful travel agency for many years, which is as almost difficult to be licensed for as a real estate broker, while still occasionally performing and recording.
A talented and intelligent man, this is a saddening loss.
I remember seeing Commercials with him years ago, I just figured like many celebrities he was simply hired to do the spot, didn't realize he was marketing his own company.

Lord, I remember as a teen trying to learn to go from being on my knees to standing on my feet in one swift upward push off movement like he did in his concerts and videos, but didn't realize until now that he was also a multi-instrumental musician. :(
Not every musician can switch around a fully set band stage and play every instrument like musical chairs, there's a new star in the sky playing music for the universe now.

ETA: He started out working in the "family business", as an NYC PD officer!
Thank you Officer Edward J. Mahoney for your service, and may the pipes be played with tartans flowing at your memorial ceremony!

Last edited:
Back