• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Guilty Bystander

This one is a couple months old but I thought it was odd enough to be interesting.

http://blogs.westword.com/latestwor...ena_morrison_pedophile_kidnapping_robbery.php

Dustin Canup, twenty, and Sareena Morrison, eighteen, can't be accused of trying to victimize a sympathetic person. After all, the target of their alleged crime was a pedophile thought to have arranged a creepy tryst with a six-year-old girl. But that doesn't mean the pair are off the hook; they're suspected of a criminal conspiracy to commit kidnapping and more. Details below.

According to the Loveland Reporter Herald, which cites an arrest affidavit, police received a tip last week concerning a fifteen-year-old girl with a 970 area code who was advertising for sex online.

Detectives subsequently traced the number to Morrison, who lives in Berthoud, and laid the groundwork for a sting operation by texting her under the guise of a man with a six-year-old child. Morrison is said to have arranged a meet with father and daughter at a Loveland motel, where she and a male companion would take part in sex acts with the girl.

Shortly after their arrival at the motel, detectives busted Morrison and Canup, who was reportedly packing a large knife and a pair of handcuffs.

The latter weren't intended for use in some kinky scenario. According to the affidavit, the pair intended to rob the man and take the little girl with them to raise as their own child.

Could Canup and Morrison have had at least some noble motives? Perhaps. After all, they intended to rescue a youngster from a person they believed to be a molester, thereby getting her out of what must have seemed like a terrible situation. But they also were broke, thanks to Canup having lost his job, and earlier, they'd allegedly set up a rendezvous in Englewood where they hoped to extort the man in question for wanting to get horizontal with a teenager he thought was underage.

Police admit there's no proof they successful completed any of their criminal schemes. But they're still floating a raft of potential charges against the couple -- criminal conspiracies and attempts to commit kidnapping, aggravated robbery and extortion. Their current home is the Larimer County Jail, where Canup is being held on $100,000 bond; Morrison's is $75,000.

Considering how young they are, and the fact that the girl they were supposedly saving to "raise" is only 3 years younger than them, and the fact that they were going to extort blackmail money out of the kiddy diddler, methinks this whole scheme was more about the money than saving anyone. They were unemployed and broke, and this was probably just the ticket to some fast money. I don't see that as noble at all.

Considering how young they are, and the fact that the girl they were supposedly saving to "raise" is only 3 years younger than them, and the fact that they were going to extort blackmail money out of the kiddy diddler, methinks this whole scheme was more about the money than saving anyone. They were unemployed and broke, and this was probably just the ticket to some fast money. I don't see that as noble at all.

No no no. The 18 yr old girl was pretending to be 15 to lure a perp in. The perp supposedly had a 6 yr old daughter. So she was 12 yrs older.
But still, weird & messed up thinking all around!! When I was 18 I was not thinking of sex ads, raising 6 yr olds, extorting perps ... I just wanted to drink a beer!!!

No no no. The 18 yr old girl was pretending to be 15 to lure a perp in. The perp supposedly had a 6 yr old daughter. So she was 12 yrs older.
But still, weird & messed up thinking all around!! When I was 18 I was not thinking of sex ads, raising 6 yr olds, extorting perps ... I just wanted to drink a beer!!!

Holy crap, I totally read it wrong lol. That was confusing. Still, I don't think they were in the business of saving anyone to raise. Had they done this whole thing without trying to extort money from the guy, and just turned him in, then yeah, but all they wanted was money.

Back