• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-death-shotgun-family-castle-inheritance.html
7584048-6508059-image-m-3_1545159543994.jpg

An Austrian duke shot three members of his family dead during a row over inheritance at their castle, prosecutors claim.

Count Anton von Goëss, 54, the owner of Bockfliess Castle in Mistelbach, Lower Austria, allegedly blasted his 92-year-old father Count Johannes Ulrich Goëss, stepmother Margherita Cassis-Faraone Goëss, 87, and brother Ernst Goëss, 52, with a shotgun.

Von Goëss was arrested by police on suspicion of murder, and has allegedly confessed to the killings, which took place in the Bockfliess Castle's offices last Thursday, local media reports.

According to the police, all victims were shot at close range and a hunting rifle was found at the scene.
[....]
The alarm was raised by a neighbour of the stately home who allegedly became suspicious after she heard noises that sounded like 'bangs' on Thursday afternoon around 2pm.

The police arrived at the crime scene to find the Count expecting them and he did not resist arrest.

Initially nobody could explain why the Count, who was described by all accounts as polite, sociable and socially conscious, brutally murdered his family.
[....]
The police refused to comment on a possible motive, citing the importance of ongoing investigations.

However, the nobleman's defence have said he suffering from an incurable terminal disease.

A lawyer acting for the Count, who also goes by the nickname 'Tono', claimed he suffered headaches from tumours, that caused 'a certain amount of confusion to set in', Peter Philipp told Austrian news site OE24.

Attachments

• Count_Anton_von_Goëss.jpg
    Count_Anton_von_Goëss.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 1,685
Psst, hey Count, if you kill to get your inheritance it doesn't Count... :facepalm:

True in the USA. Possibly different in Europe. Historically, murder was the quickest way to get an inheritance and a castle. Look at Richard III.

Can't be that great a castle if neighbors live close enough to hear shenanigans.
Wonder if it has a moat.

"However, the nobleman's defence have said he suffering from an incurable terminal disease."

Oh ja. Me too, me too. It's called fucking LIFE! I've got ten years on that liver spotted, pock-marked, low class fool and I'm here to tell ya, if you've got a freakin' castle, just stay in your part of it till the old ones die off. This will happen, I assure you. Then you can have the place. Swim in the moat in your skivvies if ya want to. Just don't SHOOT family!

Back