• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ghosttruck

Level 57 Taco Wizard
An Idaho man who was convicted of felony vehicular manslaughter after driving drunk and killing a 24-year-old mother of two children will not serve time in prison, according to reports.

Adam Paulson, 42, was convicted in the November 2017 death of Madeline Duskey, who was crossing a street in Eagle, Idaho. Authorities determined that Paulson had been driving with a blood alcohol level of .213, more than twice the legal limit in Idaho.

Prosecutors gave Paulson a 15-year suspended prison sentence and ordered him to serve 14 months in Ada County Jail, with credit for time served, a court news release stated.

“The state requested a prison sentence of 15 years that would have required Paulson to serve at least five of those before being eligible for parole,” the news release said.

Ada County District Judge Deborah Bail this week sentenced Paulson to 15 years of probation and mandated that he complete 500 hours of community service, the Idaho Statesman reported.

Court records indicate Paulson will have his driver’s license suspended indefinitely and must pay child support for each of Duskey’s children through adulthood. Paulson will also be forbidden from drinking alcohol and must wear an alcohol monitor, Boise's KTVB-TV reported.

Ada County District Judge Deborah Bail mandated that Paulson live in a sober living facility. Paulson will be sent to prison if he violates the terms of his probation.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/drunk-dr...-in-2017-gets-probation-no-prison-time-report

full

With the child support provision, no drinking, and license suspension I'm okay with this. I hope the family is also.

With the child support provision, no drinking, and license suspension I'm okay with this. I hope the family is also.
It's better than we've seen...but shit, those kids are orphans, however everyone fucks up and some deserve a chance...I'm torn on it, but thought it was worth sharing.

I don't recall ever see someone sentenced to child support to adulthood for the victim's children. I think that should happen way more often, but what happens if he violates his terms and gets sent back? I guess whatever he owes would accumulate like it does for anyone else.

I like that he will be responsible for funding those kids as they approach maturity. But it does little to bring back Mom. Once the last child is funded totally some vigilante Justice could be quite useful.

Was it his first DUI?

If so, yeah, maybe they're wrapping him up tight enough to make a man out of him. And if he fucks up, there's always the 15 years.

If this isn't his first DUI, I can't get behind the sentence. He'll do it again, alcohol monitor be damned.

Meh

Really wont be much of a penalty if/when he doesnt pay that child support. One of the biggest motivators for deadbeats is many(most or all?) states will suspend licenses, be it professional certifications/licensing like nursing lisences or drivers license. This dude right out of the gate has nothing to lose.

They should have mandated a penalty for when he doest pay it on time, should be considered a violation of his probation and he should be put in a cage for that 15 years.

I don't recall ever see someone sentenced to child support to adulthood for the victim's children. I think that should happen way more often, but what happens if he violates his terms and gets sent back? I guess whatever he owes would accumulate like it does for anyone else.
I don't know about all states but in Calif when my ex went to prison he filed papers to reduce his obligation to zero based on his inability to pay.

I was so pissed, I went to court on the date and addressed the judge.
My kids still need food, clothing and shelter while he sits in prison playing dice and eating crackers and cheese whiz.
The judge agreed with me and said his hands were tied. He had no other choice but to grant his request.

Edit to add
What is this asshole smiling about.
Not only do I not agree with his sentence, I think he should get the death penalty.

Last edited:
Bullshit sentence.

Miren Aburusa with MADD was in court when the sentence was handed down.
“On behalf of the family, their hearts were broken, the life of this young woman has left such a big hole in their hearts, to know that this man was not given any prison time has left them shattered,” Aburusa said. “No prison time for driving drunk and killing someone is unacceptable.”

They also say Paulson was on probation at the time of this crash and should not have been drinking at the time, so to put him back on probation is a slap in the face.

https://www.ktvb.com/article/news/l...iver/277-1e16c34d-98c6-44e5-9522-810bc60ef93e

At the time of the collision, Paulson was serving probation for domestic violence and destruction of evidence, two charges he pleaded guilty to and was sentenced back in February.
"He was ordered by that probation to not consume any alcohol, he was coming from a bar, driving a vehicle with very high blood alcohol.

https://www.ktvb.com/article/news/c...bond-for-vehicular-manslaughter/277-494461176

Disgusting to me how probation is so rarely enforced.

I don't know about all states but in Calif when my ex went to prison he filed papers to reduce his obligation to zero based on his inability to pay.

I was so pissed, I went to court on the date and addressed the judge.
My kids still need food, clothing and shelter while he sits in prison playing dice and eating crackers and cheese whiz.
The judge agreed with me and said his hands were tied. He had no other choice but to grant his request.

Edit to add
What is this asshole smiling about.
Not only do I not agree with his sentence, I think he should get the death penalty.

An individual should owe back child support for that time after theyre released. It should accumulate while theyre sitting in a cage.

Disgusting to me how probation is so rarely enforced.

An individual should owe back child support for that time after theyre released. It should accumulate while theyre sitting in a cage.
I totally agree. But child support is based on the ability to pay. I even requested getting half of what ever he would earn while working in the prison laundry or kitchen. But the judge said he couldn't. He said he saw my point but his hands were tied.

I totally agree. But child support is based on the ability to pay. I even requested getting half of what ever he would earn while working in the prison laundry or kitchen. But the judge said he couldn't. He said he saw my point but his hands were tied.

Did you attempt to terminate his rights during that time?

I know its almost fucking impossible to terminate a parents rights, unless theyre out murdering people.

Did you attempt to terminate his rights during that time?

I know its almost fucking impossible to terminate a parents rights, unless theyre out murdering people.
I refused to take the kids to visit him as he requested. The judge ordered that I accept his phone call 10 minutes every Wednesday and Saturday. Back then, those phone calls were collect and a 10 minute phone call cost about $45.00
Times that 2 times a week times 4 weeks in the month.
There was no way I could pay that kind of phone bill nor was I willing.
I didn't take those collect calls.
Sure enough, he filed papers to go back to court because I didn't follow the court order.
After explaining to the judge how much that would cost me and reminding him that I was receiving zero child support the judge vacated that order. Then he ordered that I allow his parents to take the kids one day a month to visit him. They went one time and said to his parents they didn't want to go there.

They should have mandated a penalty for when he doest pay it on time, should be considered a violation of his probation and he should be put in a cage for that 15 years.

Court records indicate Paulson... must pay child support for each of Duskey’s children through adulthood. ... Paulson will be sent to prison if he violates the terms of his probation.

They way I read it, if he doesn't pay, he violates his probation and gets prison.

There is absolutely no way in hell they pull the trigger and actually penalize him, certainly in that manner, for not paying, whether it's an on paper condition of his probation or not.

I refused to take the kids to visit him as he requested. The judge ordered that I accept his phone call 10 minutes every Wednesday and Saturday. Back then, those phone calls were collect and a 10 minute phone call cost about $45.00
Times that 2 times a week times 4 weeks in the month.
There was no way I could pay that kind of phone bill nor was I willing.
I didn't take those collect calls.
Sure enough, he filed papers to go back to court because I didn't follow the court order.
After explaining to the judge how much that would cost me and reminding him that I was receiving zero child support the judge vacated that order. Then he ordered that I allow his parents to take the kids one day a month to visit him. They went one time and said to his parents they didn't want to go there.

Wow that's disgusting.

If he wanted to do the calls, and he is the one calling collect and making said call, the cost should be on him. That should just go to show a judge how little he cares to talk to his kids if he refuses to cough up the cash for such things on his own.

If you had the means you shoulda moved addresses and changed numbers and just never interacted with him ever again. Might be able to track you down later, but no way would he have the means to do so while locked away. And of course you gotta have an address to serve papers if he wanted to challenge shit in court again. Be fucked there too.

Ive had to deal with similar shitshows, not involving prison but involving dead beat scum parents trying to hassle the kids and us. It sickens me how judges show near zero regard or care for what's best for the children, even though that is supposed to be their ONLY concern(outside of CPS/State cases of course where the goal is 100% centered around the scum parent). Who in their right fucking mind can rationalize that it is in a childs best interest to be forced to go visit a fucking prison, for any god damned reason? Shocking to me. And how is it fair or healthy for a child to be forced to uproot their own lives and what they got going on to go to a one day visit once a month with a deadbeat scumbag parent who has given the kids every reason to believe he doesnt give a single shit about em? It's not.

Society, to include the legal system, has an unhealthy obsession with biological parentage. I will never understand it. For some reason, merely providing genetic material to a child and/or "raising" them, however ineptly, for a couple years of their life somehow creates this powerful, unbreakable, all important, preserve at all costs connection in the eyes of society and the law. It takes so fucking much not just to terminate parental rights, but to even get shit like unwanted visitations taken off the table. Sickening and totally fucking batshit.

And dont even get me started on the complete and total lack of perjury concerns when it comes to family court hearings. My fucking god it's like the judges there just accept parents are going to make shit up so they stop caring altogether about the integrity of their courtroom or the hearing itself when it comes to lies. Ive had concrete proof a claim against me was a lie, it was clear the judge believed my side of the story 100%, yet still neglected to go as far as to chastise in any manner the scumbag bio parent for the blatant lying goin on during the proceedings. It's just a total god damned free for all, with the biggest potential victim being the only individuals the court SHOULD actually truly give a shit about, the kids.

I agree ..

It's a bullshit sentence ( the piece of shit should have gotten life ) however, it's better than most bullshit sentences, we read about here ..

My gut feeling is, he'll be back on these pages long before 15 years ..
One way or another, he'll end up in prison ..
Post automatically merged:

Bullshit sentence.

Miren Aburusa with MADD was in court when the sentence was handed down.
“On behalf of the family, their hearts were broken, the life of this young woman has left such a big hole in their hearts, to know that this man was not given any prison time has left them shattered,” Aburusa said. “No prison time for driving drunk and killing someone is unacceptable.”

They also say Paulson was on probation at the time of this crash and should not have been drinking at the time, so to put him back on probation is a slap in the face.

https://www.ktvb.com/article/news/l...iver/277-1e16c34d-98c6-44e5-9522-810bc60ef93e

At the time of the collision, Paulson was serving probation for domestic violence and destruction of evidence, two charges he pleaded guilty to and was sentenced back in February.
"He was ordered by that probation to not consume any alcohol, he was coming from a bar, driving a vehicle with very high blood alcohol.

https://www.ktvb.com/article/news/c...bond-for-vehicular-manslaughter/277-494461176
Thank you for information ..

This judge is an absolute piece of shit ..
She deserves jail time for handing down such a ridiculous sentence ..

Last edited:
Back