• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ghosttruck

Level 57 Taco Wizard
1565718653474.png

AUGUST 13--A Florida Man intentionally drove his truck over a group of ducklings that were “playing in a shallow puddle in the middle of a road” inside the mobile home park where the suspect resides, cops allege.

According to an arrest affidavit, witnesses told police that James Forbes Clairmont, 56, was behind the wheel of a Ford truck Sunday evening when the vehicle approached a group of 11 ducklings that were in the middle of the road with a mother duck.

After slowing down for a speed bump, witnesses saw Clairmont “then quickly accelerate towards the ducklings intentionally,” cops report. As witnesses screamed for him to stop his vehicle, Clairmont allegedly “ran over three of the ducklings and fled the area to his home which is one street away from the scene.”

Two ducklings “passed away at the scene,” while a third was taken to an animal hospital for treatment of broken bones.

When a Largo Police Department officer subsequently contacted Clairmont, he “denied there ever being ducklings in the roadway.” But Clairmont, a cop noted, “was unable to explain why I observed blood and duck feathers on the wheels of his truck.”

Clairmont, who was confronted by police two hours after the incident, appeared to be “highly intoxicated” when questioned at his residence in the Whispering Pines mobile home park.

In the past seven years I have lost hours of my life sitting on the roadways between work and home waiting for the #$*^&@% Canada Geese to get their shit together. They're protected around here because it's a major pit stop on their migration path. Or so they say, I'm not sure the beggars ever actually leave. Their little convoys of 10-150 that all have to waddle across the road. Or (very sadly) when they mourn their mate that might have gotten hit by a car so now the mate is in the middle of the road too. I've never once in all that time even THOUGHT about flooring it to see how many I can get. That's nasty. :vomit:

In the past seven years I have lost hours of my life sitting on the roadways between work and home waiting for the #$*^&@% Canada Geese to get their shit together. They're protected around here because it's a major pit stop on their migration path. Or so they say, I'm not sure the beggars ever actually leave. Their little convoys of 10-150 that all have to waddle across the road. Or (very sadly) when they mourn their mate that might have gotten hit by a car so now the mate is in the middle of the road too. I've never once in all that time even THOUGHT about flooring it to see how many I can get. That's nasty. :vomit:
Right, I even feel bad when I see a poor squirrel that didn't make it across the road. sick fucker. Glad they got him!

Early 2000s there was a big too do about how the Geese were overpopulated. They ended up gassing like 75% of the population, because they weren't migrating anywhere. I think they need to do it again.
I got to wondering about the goose seasons here. So I looked them up.

There is an early goose season where one may take up to five dark geese, up to two of which may be Canada geese. And a late season where one may take up to five dark geese, up to three of which may be Canada geese. And a September season, where one may take up to five Canada geese.

I need to get some shotgun shells.

--Al

What a sickening bastard.

I get so mad when I see someone has ran over a squirrel around where I live. I know they are pesky little critters. But why kill one when you can just let off the gas a bit. My road is very narrow and winding so it not like it's a straight road made for doing 50mph.

All that said, since they are racking up a large medical bill, I hope he is ordered to pay it.

Memory
One of my horses stepped on a ducking and hurt it's wing, I just wrapped it in place and kept it in a cage for a few days. It was fine.

I got to wondering about the goose seasons here. So I looked them up.

There is an early goose season where one may take up to five dark geese, up to two of which may be Canada geese. And a late season where one may take up to five dark geese, up to three of which may be Canada geese. And a September season, where one may take up to five Canada geese.

I need to get some shotgun shells.

--Al
Make sure it’s steel shot ;)
I ran over a big rat the other day, didn’t mean to he darted out, but I didn’t feel bad about it

Last edited:
I honestly think the reason was is more that the areas they were in... well let's say that park was not deemed healthy either.

http://archive.kuow.org/post/seattles-gas-works-park-about-undergo-toxic-cleanup

They finally cleaned it up in 2017 after years of knowing that the area was a fucking sludge
that's like a factory I worked at had these huge old pecan trees, i love pecans, can use them to make a myriad of things including flour gravy extra 7 I wouldn't have picked any up from there for nothing [nor would anyone else] that so sucks when an area has been so messed up with long term chemical poisoning you can't even eat or drink from anything around there :mad:

I wonder what Canada geese taste like, being made of pure concentrated evil and all.
well, being Canadian hey might be a tougher version of good old British roast goose or could be modeled to look and taste like that with a little work. They would be less gamey than wild turkey & proper way would be to catch them and give them cornmeal feed for a week or two, I would add herb treats to it for added flavor then a low boil in a bit of vinegar water for a couple hours then marinated in herbs and butter and a slow covered roast

Back