• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

EyEgOrE

Diabhol Dearg
A 39 year old Houston man spent his Father's Day in hospital, undergoing 8 hours of surgery to treat gunshot wounds to his torso and side.

Police say the man had just finished his workout at 24 Hour Fitness. As he was putting his 6 year old daughter in his vehicle, a masked man in a wheelchair rolled up behind him and began shooting.

After being shot, the man was able to knock the gunman out of his wheelchair, but he managed to escape.

A witness followed the suspect, who rolled down three stories of the parking garage and three blocks away, to a local CVS.

Police found the gunman, Identified as Joey Harper, 27, at the CVS awaiting a ride from his friend. He still had the mask, as well as the gun. Harper was arrested, charged as a felon in possession of a firearm. Further charges are likely pending.

Harper has an extensive criminal history, that includes charges such as stalking, robbery, theft, and assault.

The victim is expected to recover. The 6 year old was not injured (at least not physically. Emotionally? Probably).

Videos at the links
Hat tip to @Jaded

He was trying to abduct the victim's 6 year old daughter

Screenshot_20230703_085117.jpg

"Harper, Olmedo says, may have been after his daughter.

"I was informed later on by the police he attempted to take her out, but you need my fingerprints to do it."

Olmedo said police told him Harper tried to get his daughter from the gym's Kids' Club but couldn't. Olmedo said he does not know Harper."

We miss you @EyEgOrE

ETA: @Sejanus Of course he's getting SSI!
It's $914 per month currently, it's not automatic, but this guy seems motivated.

From a disability lawyers site:
"Amputation can be disabling, but simply being an amputee does not make you eligible for Social Security Disability Benefits any more than a diagnosis of “cancer” does."

I think if you're physically able enough to go around trying to kidnap six year old girls then you should be disqualified

Last edited:
Back