• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ells9824

Bold Member!
A California transplant surgeon is accused of hastening a patient's death via a lethal dose of drugs so his organs could be harvested.

Dr. Hootan Roozrokh was in court Wednesday for a preliminary hearing on charges he ordered that excessive doses of drugs be given to a brain-damaged patient who was near death.

After suffering cardiac arrest, says Whitaker, the profoundly disabled 25-year-old was removed from life support systems at the Sierra Vista Regional Medical Center in San Luis Obispo, Calif.

Rose Navarro says it's what happened next that moved the situation from the hospital to the courtroom. The San Luis Obispo prosecutor says Roozrokh tried to hasten Navarro's death with a massive, lethal cocktail of morphine, sedative, and the antiseptic Betadine, a poison.

Why?

"To harvest his organs," she replied through tears. "I will never be the same, because of what they did to my boy."

Full Story

Back