• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Killroy

The D'D Front Page
Anchorage, Alaska -*Police say Daniel Pirtle, a double amputee with metal, prosthetic legs, went into a Walmart and shot a manager after getting into an argument over Pirtle’s unrestrained dog.
Police say that on Saturday afternoon, 45-year-old*Daniel Pirtle went inside a *crowded*Walmart in a motorized cart, accompanied by his unrestrained service dog. Pirtle got into an argument with the store’s assistant manager, 33-year-old Jason Mahi, after Mahi asked Pirtle to restrain his dog.
The argument escalated to the point that Pirtle pulled out a gun and shot Mahi in the stomach.*Afterwards, Pirtle navigated the motorized cart through the aisles, making his way towards the store’s entrance. He was apprehended by police near the front of the store where officers took a handgun from him, as well as his legs, before*placing him in a police car.
Witnesses said Mahi was*conscious*after being shot. “He said, ‘I can’t feel my feet.’ He just kept talking about his kids,” said a patron who rushed to Mahi’s aid. “‘My kids, my son,’ that’s basically all he said.…

This article was written by Morbid for The Dreamin Demon - the Internet's self-appointed buzzkill.

"Read the full Front Page article..."

March 2014

[...]
"It's been a rough road," said Mahi, who spent three months in a hospital and racked up more than $1 million in medical bills.

A Superior Court judge sentenced Pirtle to serve nine years after Pirtle pleaded guilty to first-degree assault in November. Prosecutors had dropped an attempted murder charge.

Pirtle had been furious that day because Mahi asked him to either put his 5-month-old dog, Wookie, on a leash or leave the store, full of shoppers on a busy Saturday. Pirtle's nephew told the Daily News in 2013 that Pirtle said Mahi had kicked his dog, an accusation that was not true, Mahi said, and something the video showed did not happen.
[...]
Mahi now walks with a cane and suffered damage to his hip, intestines, kidney and bladder, he said. But he said the trouble and worry caused to his family has been the worst part.
[...]
https://www.adn.com/crime-justice/a...-sentence-shooting-over-loose-dog/2014/03/29/

What the fuck?

Only 9 years? No attempted murder!!??

It's incredible how little Alaska cares about criminals and crime victims. THey routinely give soft ass sentences. Might as well be part of Canada rather than America. Disgusting.

The victim is never going to be the same, will be seriously effected and limited by these injuries the rest of his life. It only cost the perpetrator 9 of his. So wrong.

Not sure it's legal to demand someone leash their service animal or leave though. Thought the service animal laws were pretty strict and afforded the person with the animal an absurd degree of freedoms.

What the fuck?

Only 9 years? No attempted murder!!??

It's incredible how little Alaska cares about criminals and crime victims. THey routinely give soft ass sentences. Might as well be part of Canada rather than America. Disgusting.

The victim is never going to be the same, will be seriously effected and limited by these injuries the rest of his life. It only cost the perpetrator 9 of his. So wrong.

Not sure it's legal to demand someone leash their service animal or leave though. Thought the service animal laws were pretty strict and afforded the person with the animal an absurd degree of freedoms.
They probably are pissed about having to deal with a disabled inmate. I had a friend who got off of a Distribution charge that he was to do 5 years for. He was out on bail and got into a car accident that left him paralyzed from the chest down and limited use of his hands. They instead put him on house arrest for 2 years.

Yes the dog needed to be on a lease unless it is small enough to be carried. This applies to all animals, service animal or emotional support.

Even so, Dogs are supposed to be leashed in public areas. It is a reasonable request. This so called support animal was a five month old puppy. That's not a support animal, it's an excuse for stupid behavior.

Put this fat prick into a little red wagon that he can be wheeled around in.
If you put up any kind of a fuss knock his damn teeth out and take one of his arms.
9 years doesn't even come close to being Justice

I hope there is some law against it in Alaska. Maybe they at least got that right. And this wasn't even a real service animal, it was a 5 month old puppy. A 5 month old puppy can't be a true, trained, legitimate service animal.

One would've thought that with such a lenient sentence Pirtle would've been ordered to pay some restitution to the victim.

Back