• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A Gainesville woman was arrested Friday night on allegations she bruised her son from his head to his legs during a spanking, according to an arrest report.

Dominique Maria Crawford, 27, was charged by the Gainesville Police Department with one count of child abuse after an examination of the boy by the Child Protection Team found numerous bruises.

Facial bruises included marks on his right cheek, forehead and the bridge of his nose. Linear bruises on the boy’s right arm included one that wrapped around the arm. Linear bruises were found on his abdomen and chest along with bruising on his buttocks, thigh and calf.

The arrest report states the boy told investigators he is routinely spanked by his mother, sometimes with a belt dipped in hot water. He reportedly said his mother told him not to tell anybody, threatening to beat him if he did.

Under police questioning, Crawford reportedly acknowledged spanking the boy with a belt. She said the spanking was to make a point about the boy’s behavior in school.
http://www.gainesville.com/news/20180203/woman-charged-with-abuse-after-boy-is-found-with-bruises
CRAWFORD-ASO18JBN000716.jpg

I spanked my kids on the butt and not once have I left a bruise....I mean I'm not a beastly lady, I'm 5ft tall so the leverage for a beat-down ass whooping isn't there but still. How you bruise a boys face and arm while giving him "a" (singular?) spanking? That's some damn talent, she she might have a wicked curve ball we don't know about...

That's the difference between administering discipline and just getting angry. To me, the point of spankings is supposed to be demonstrating consequences when they're too young to "get it". Now, time outs and having things taken away is supposed to work starting from a young age, but I'm not sure it's working as well as one would hope.

Back