• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ghosttruck

Level 57 Taco Wizard
1571230790956.png

An altercation in a Henrico Walmart parking lot on Brook Road ended about 18 miles north, with a crashed car and an injured suspect on Route 1 north of Ashland.

Hanover deputies directed traffic Monday evening while Henrico and State Police studied the scene around the mangled car.

The driver was taken away in an ambulance after an afternoon that started with a domestic disturbance over text messages.

"He was holding what appeared to be his girlfriend from behind and then he slammed her to the ground in the Walmart parking lot,” said an eyewitness who asked us to hide her identity.

The witness said she never imagined how fast things would escalate, and she pleaded with the suspect to just walk away.

The man left the scene only to return a short time later when he was confronted by police.

"At least five Henrico Police officers had their guns drawn and they're telling him to ‘please, get on the ground’ and he just keeps backing up and up into the crowded Walmart parking lot," said the witness.

Crime Insider sources say the suspect then acted like he was going to steal a police cruiser, but opted for a car with its trunk open.

Walmart is the ghetto of the retail box stores with dollar general in second. I stopped shopping at Walmart and it was so liberating, now I hit the dollar store every two weeks just before closing to avoid the crazies and Kroger in the am when all the older than me folks shop.

Back