• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

notchback

Insensitive Asshole
Bold Member!
Posting it here since it's mostly kids involved.

https://www.latimes.com/world/la-fg-pakistan-hiv-aids-doctor-20190516-story.html

500 people, mostly children, who authorities say tested positive for the virus, which can lead to AIDS. A physician who has AIDS has since been arrested and is being investigated on suspicion of intentionally infecting patients.
Sikandar Memon, head of the AIDS Control Program in Sindh province, said that officials have screened 13,800 people from Larkana and that 410 children and 100 adults tested positive for HIV.

Nationwide, the Health Ministry has registered more than 23,000 HIV cases. Health officials have said HIV is usually spread in the country by using unsterilized syringes.

Authorities say the HIV outbreak in Larkana was apparently started when physician Muzaffar Ghangharo infected patients in early April. Ghangharo was arrested this month. Police are still trying to determine whether Ghangharo knowingly spread the disease.

A story I saw earlier today said the doctor used and reused an infected needle on all the paitents.

I can't even fathom the absolute insanity of it.

When I trained to be a euthanasia tech we were trained to use a new needle for every animal. An animal that was being put to death. This was for a couple of reasons. For one thing, needles do get dull or damaged.
For the comfort of the animal, we used a new needle each time.
And we had a policy, if the animal survived the procedure it was pardoned. Using a new needle insures there is no spread of diseases.

I can't even fathom a doctor reusing needles.

He had to have done this intentionally.

A destitute village in Pakistan’s south has been left devastated after more than 500 people – overwhelmingly children – tested positive for HIV in the past two months, in an epidemic attributed to a single pediatrician.

The regional coordinator of the AIDS Control Program, Dr. Sikander Memon, told Pakistan’s DAWN newspaper this week that 410 of those infected are children – some as young as two months old – but many more still need to be screened.

Police have subsequently arrested Dr. Muzaffar Ghangharo, who has AIDS, as the culprit who injected his patients with the virus.

It is yet to be determined if the outbreak was a result of criminal intent or gross negligence. Ghangharo remains behind bars, yet has staunchly denied that he intentionally caused harm.

Full Story:

A destitute village in Pakistan’s south has been left devastated after more than 500 people – overwhelmingly children – tested positive for HIV in the past two months, in an epidemic attributed to a single pediatrician.

The regional coordinator of the AIDS Control Program, Dr. Sikander Memon, told Pakistan’s DAWN newspaper this week that 410 of those infected are children – some as young as two months old – but many more still need to be screened.

Police have subsequently arrested Dr. Muzaffar Ghangharo, who has AIDS, as the culprit who injected his patients with the virus.

It is yet to be determined if the outbreak was a result of criminal intent or gross negligence. Ghangharo remains behind bars, yet has staunchly denied that he intentionally caused harm.

Full Story:
If they are saying he injected them... why would you need to purposely inject others with your blood... not to mention hundreds or thousands of them?! Population control much?!

@ghosttruck - merg the two .. not sure where the other is .. I will see if I can find it..

Post automatically merged:

They were saying he intentionally injected .. then possible accidental .. why would you randomly inject one child with your blood but why purposely (accidentally) hundreds or thousands of times - population control or test subjects for ‘new’ experimental drugs?!

Last edited:
Back