• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Ducky

surgeonholdingscapel.jpeg

23 yr old Amber Woolly, from Norwich, Norfolk, had to have an emergency c-section after being in labor for 72hrs. When the baby was born, she was taken away almost immediately. Drs returned and told the new mother, her brand spankin new human had a facial deformity, just under her nose, caused by the baby’s position in the womb.

The little has already had to endure multiple surgeries, and will have more to come. It is this doctor, a plastic surgeon, and a midwife that informed Mom that nothing could have possibly been sharp enough in her womb to cut the baby that deeply. It had to have happened during birth.

The hospital denies this, & insists the way the baby was positioned caused her severe laceration.

- So in other words, no one was held responsible. Poor baby....

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...rred-life-slashed-face-scalpel-C-section.html

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a little confused why she wants to play the blame game. Babies that need assistance coming into the world often end up with injuries. Some even die. Children being nicked by a scalpel is a fairly common occurrence. Child birth isnt without complications and she seems to be glossing over the fact that she had an emergency C-section because her daughter had stopped breathing. Personally I'd take my kid having a small scar by her nose over me burying them.

She keeps saying its going to impact her confidence. Maybe mom should just tell her its a battle scar that she got fighting her way into the world. Make it something special and stop worrying about it. Mom's attitude is going to harm the child far more than the scar will.

Had to have an emergency c-section with my first and she was sliced just above the brow. My ex talked about wanting to sue.. Just to get some money. I wasnt even upset about it. I was thankful it wasnt an eye... It was close tho. But i understood it was an emergency c-section because of lack of oxygen so it was rushed. The two of us ended up with a scar. Not that big of a deal.

I had two C-sections, first one was emergency, second one tried for natural but still ended up with it after 18 hours of labor, but I was just so grateful that both my boys were born and alive, tho both were sick and spent a week in the hospital afterwards, I got to take home a healthy baby at the end and nothing else mattered at all. She's giving this beautiful baby a complex about such a tiny mark that is now not even visible.

Yeah I’m not sure of these things. Everyone is so sue happy. I understand the initial feelings. People are uppity about their children, out of love and to protect. I think times people lash out because they deep down unknowingly feel angry with themselves (I didnt adequitly protect my child) but I think this is only half motivated by that.

I see things like this and have this silly theory. I feel like the retail industry have given people unrealistic expectations. My food took more than 5 minutes, I’m going to yell at someone and get something free. I used something improperly and the consequences that were outlined happened. But they owe me. I want the world to stop to accommodate me.

Mom, should go check up on the injury to determine if it was due to negligence, but it looks like it’s common. She should stop wasting time on this and use it focus on her child.

I'm a little confused why she wants to play the blame game. Babies that need assistance coming into the world often end up with injuries. Some even die. Children being nicked by a scalpel is a fairly common occurrence. Child birth isnt without complications and she seems to be glossing over the fact that she had an emergency C-section because her daughter had stopped breathing. Personally I'd take my kid having a small scar by her nose over me burying them.

She keeps saying its going to impact her confidence. Maybe mom should just tell her its a battle scar that she got fighting her way into the world. Make it something special and stop worrying about it. Mom's attitude is going to harm the child far more than the scar will.

Yup I think you’re right. This being an emergency situation... as long as the baby is alive, the mom should be happy and thankful. Maybe a little peeved but really they had to rush.
It’d be different if this was a planned c section though...
Post automatically merged:

Child looks good.
Mom needs to stop thinking there is a payday here.
She already got free healthcare and the problem corrected.

Grubby user trying for a lottery win.

Thanks for adding the pics! I couldn’t figure it out... noob still :p

She does seem shallow in harping on the scar BUT I sense that a primary issue here is the dishonesty she experienced as to the cause of the cut. Maybe if the dr. and midwives were up front about what happened, and explained that such shit happens in an emergency C-section, her indignation would not be so intense. Just sayin...

She does seem shallow in harping on the scar BUT I sense that a primary issue here is the dishonesty she experienced as to the cause of the cut. Maybe if the dr. and midwives were up front about what happened, and explained that such shit happens in an emergency C-section, her indignation would not be so intense. Just sayin...

I was thinking that too. And then I thought, well obviously they know she’s gonna sue if they tell her it was them.
But are they really allowed to not tell?

I don't know, if someone cut my baby and they needed multiple surgery's for it, and the doctor tried to play it off, I'd be real mad. I would assume since he didn't own up to it immediately, he screwed up. Don't piss on my back and tell me it's raining. If he would have told her, maybe she wouldn't be so mad.

I don't know, if someone cut my baby and they needed multiple surgery's for it, and the doctor tried to play it off, I'd be real mad. I would assume since he didn't own up to it immediately, he screwed up. Don't piss on my back and tell me it's raining. If he would have told her, maybe she wouldn't be so mad.
This.

I would sue the shit out of them. Yes I sure would.
If I didn't, I would be neglecting my duties as her mother. She's a minor and can't make these decisions so it's up to me. There is provisions in the law that prevent me from spending even a dime of that money. It would be in an interest earning account that is only unlocked by court order.
Finally, the money will be there when she turns 18 if she wants to, she can give the money back.

The surgery is plastic surgery..for that tiny little scar you see in the pictures. The hospital did tell her what they think happened. They can't say for sure either, and admit that. It was a plastic surgeon and midwife who egged her on. Both of which could possibly have ulterior motives. She was also told that right away by the plastic surgeon and midwife..but waited over a year and a half to make it a deal. And then used media to do so.. sounds legit!

The surgery is plastic surgery..for that tiny little scar you see in the pictures.
I went ahead and figured it was for the scar that the article was about...had no clue it was plastic surgery, I kinda figured a gash in the face would be a liver transplant or a leg amputation. Doesn't really matter, I would be bothered if my baby got stabbed in the face, even a little bit. I guess you wouldn't be that bothered. Different strokes.

I went ahead and figured it was for the scar that the article was about...had no clue it was plastic surgery, I kinda figured a gash in the face would be a liver transplant or a leg amputation. Doesn't really matter, I would be bothered if my baby got stabbed in the face, even a little bit. I guess you wouldn't be that bothered. Different strokes.
I'll never be sorry for not being vain enough to see my kids as cash cows :p

I have to say that my paralegal Mother was a bit sue happy, but for all of the right reasons and NO fiscal gain. She sued the city when I was two so that I could get my own library card. At the time, until age five, you had to use your parents and at the same time there was a weekly limit. I was killing her limit! Even though she sat me down with the head librarian and had her pull a random book off the shelf and opened it to any old page and pointed and told me to read, they didn't think it was possible, so she sued. She won. She also sued when the coach told my sister to walk behind the batter, biggest no-no in base/softball... Marianne swung and Kate nearly lost her eye. (It was gruesome!) A couple of other times regarding Kate. All for changing safety though. She never asked for more than being made whole and safety improvements. These days folks'll sue because someone picked their nose in manner they deem to be harmful to society! :stop:

I was thinking that too. And then I thought, well obviously they know she’s gonna sue if they tell her it was them.
But are they really allowed to not tell?
It's dishonest, deceitful, immoral, unethical, etc. If they are "allowed not to tell", it is definitely an unwritten policy that they would never openly acknowledge.

It's dishonest, deceitful, immoral, unethical, etc. If they are "allowed not to tell", it is definitely an unwritten policy that they would never openly acknowledge.

I think you’re absolutely right. Doctors shouldn’t be allowed to hide things from people, even if they know they’ll get sued.

So in the beginning if they said something, like “so sorry heart rate blah”... could it have been considered malpractice? Or just a mistake that happens and part of the risk...

But now that they didn’t say anything and they find out it WAS the drs fault... I’m interested to see what comes of this.

It's quite possible that the little one will lose the scar as she grows. I'm of two minds on this. On one hand I think that if she's suing because of the physical damage, it's a bit superficial; on the other hand, because the medical staff didn't divulge the incident until after the fact, it could be considered negligence and potentially malpractice. Doctors make mistakes, it's a fact. At least the baby is healthy and was safely delivered. From an aesthetic standpoint, it's not anything disfiguring or life threatening. Or permanent for that matter.

She sued the city when I was two so that I could get my own library card.... Even though she sat me down with the head librarian and had her pull a random book off the shelf and opened it to any old page and pointed and told me to read, they didn't think it was possible, so she sued.

I was also a super early reader. <3

Back