• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ghosttruck

Level 57 Taco Wizard
full

A Connecticut man was arrested Wednesday in connection with the May kidnapping and sexual assault of a Massachusetts 12-year-old after investigators used DNA from discarded cigarette butts to tie him to the case, prosecutors said.

Joshua Besaw, 35, of Thompson, Conn., faces several federal charges, including kidnapping and transportation of a minor to engage in illegal sexual activity, Connecticut's U.S. District Attorney’s Office said. He was arrested Wednesday after police worked for almost two months to identify a suspect.

Besaw allegedly lured a 12-year-old girl off her bicycle and into his car at a park in Webster, Mass., on May 31. Court documents said Besaw told the girl his name was Chuck and he needed help because his girlfriend’s parents hated him, Western Mass News reported.

The man then transported the girl over state lines into Connecticut where he pulled over in a wooded area and sexually assaulted her, the Webster Police Department said. He eventually dropped the girl off in Dudley, Mass. where she ran to a resident’s home and called her mother.

Police asked the public on Facebook in June to help officials identify a suspect in the case. Investigators obtained surveillance video from several homes and businesses that lead them to Besaw. On July 10, investigators picked up cigarette butts that they witnessed Besaw throw away. The DNA on the cigarette butts matched DNA extracted from the victim on May 31, police and prosecutors said.

This kid's parents must have NEVER talked to her about stranger danger for her to have fallen for such a dumb fucking line. Even most 8 year olds would know better than to get in the car because of a rando's girlfriend's parent problems, or any stranger's car for that matter. I wonder if she's handicapped because that really is s fucking stupid reason, and he looks so blatantly creepy that she must have next-level naivety.

That's great she's somehow not dead, and hopefully she gains a bit of common sense to protect herself now.

A more manly criminal would’ve known that crossing state lines gets the Feds involved. Bug eyed pedo freak

@spiff don’t blame the victim especially a kid

When I was a kid, I had it grilled into me to "never get into any stranger's car even if they offered candy" but it went even further than that: it included never talk with strangers. The school janitor lived nearby and walked to school, was always cheerfully saying hello to kids as they went by. He must've thought I was a weirdo cuz I never responded and, if anything, would cross to the other side of the road if I saw him approaching. After about a year it dawned on me that he was harmless.

@spiff don’t blame the victim especially
@spiff don’t blame the victim especially a kid

I think I worded it poorly if it came off like that. I don’t blame a kid for having very childlike innocence.

I do partially blame the parents though. Mine taught me about much sneakier situations, like asking for directions or saying my parents were in the hospital. They clearly taught their kid jack shit about stranger danger to fall for this line.

Last edited:
Hell, I also included "don't approach the car if someone stops and asks directions" and "you and your friend bolt in different directions if shit gets real and head straight for the house". We lived off a country back road, so this was appropriate. Just taylor your warnings for your surroundings. Better for your child to be overly cautious than overly trusting.

Another Connecticut one??!!!! Wtf???!!! Did CT revamp our welcome sign to say “Connecticut welcomes pedophiles”?:banghead:
Post automatically merged:

And another thing!! Any grown man or woman for that matter, wearing a teenage mutant ninja turtles shirt should automatically be locked up as a child predator.

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2020 at 5:33 PM
Joshua Besaw, 36, pleaded guilty in Federal Court to kidnapping and sexually assaulting a 12-year-old Webster girl last year.

According to court documents and statements made in court, on May 31, Besaw approached a 12-year-old girl in Webster, and tricked her into entering his vehicle. Besaw, who identified himself as “Chuck,” then drove the victim to a wooded area in Thompson, where he sexually assaulted her, according to the U.S. attorney’s office.

After the assault, Besaw drove the girl back to Massachusetts, where he released her in a neighborhood that was unfamiliar to her and refused to return her cellphone. She borrowed a phone from a stranger to contact her parents who picked her up and brought her to the police station to report the incident. Later that day, a sexual assault examination of the victim was conducted at a medical facility.

Besaw was identified as a suspect after an investigation led by Webster Police with support from the Connecticut State Police, which included analysis of surveillance video collected from numerous residences and businesses in Connecticut and Massachusetts.

On July 10, investigators conducting surveillance of Besaw collected cigarette butts that he had discarded. The DNA evidence collected from the discarded cigarette butts matched DNA evidence collected from the minor victim.

Last edited:
A Connecticut man who kidnapped and sexually assaulted a 12-year-old Webster girl from a playground in 2019 — spurring a massive investigation that included multiple agencies and help from the public — was sentenced to 20 years in federal prison Monday.

Joshua Besaw, 37, received the sentence after family members of the victim, as well as the victim herself, gave emotional statements in U.S. District Court in Hartford.
"I'm happy it was me," the victim wrote in a letter to the judge, explaining she would not want some other child to endure what she did.

"He messed with the wrong girl," she wrote.
Members of the girl's family spoke at length about the devastation wrought by Besaw, who admitted last March to kidnapping the girl from a Webster playground, driving her to a wooded area in Connecticut and sexually assaulting her.

Besaw dropped the girl off in an unfamiliar town and stole her cellphone. She was able to find a phone and call her mom, who described that call — and the awful days and months that followed — in a letter read Monday.

"I hope to find the strength I once had," the mother wrote. "If I never do, at least my daughter has it."
In her statement Monday — read in court by a prosecutor — the girl began by stating the way she used to think about people.

"On the day this happened, I was clueless and gullible," she said. " I thought people were nice."

That's why the girl got inside the car of a stranger who'd lured her there with an appeal for help in delivering money to his girlfriend.

It's why she listened to him continually lie to her as he drove her to a wooded area of Connecticut, and did not truly understand she was in danger until he asked if she would kiss him for $800.

"I knew I needed to get back," the girl said, but the man "wouldn't let me get away.

"I didn't know what to do, and no one was around to hear me," she said, adding that, although she feared for her life, she fought back.

"For once, I was happy I was stubborn," said the girl, who authorities said kicked and hit the man as his advances progressed. "The thought of my family kept me going."

After sexually assaulting the girl, Besaw dropped her at a random neighborhood in Dudley, authorities said, telling her she should be thankful he did not rape her.

"He tried to cover his tracks with so many lies," the girl said. "But I wouldn't let him get away with this."
Besaw apologized to the victim and her family in a brief, and at times halting, statement prior to sentencing, and vowed to use his time in prison to rehabilitate himself.

But, the prosecutor and judge said they were skeptical of Besaw's apology — as well as his ability to change — in light of letters he wrote from jail that authorities seized.

"They put a kidnap charge on me. Ain't that crazy?" Assistant U.S. Attorney Nancy V. Gifford quoted Besaw as writing in one missive. "Twenty years for nothing."

Back