• You must be logged in to see or use the chatbox

ghosttruck

Level 57 Taco Wizard
Staff member

A Connecticut man was arrested Wednesday in connection with the May kidnapping and sexual assault of a Massachusetts 12-year-old after investigators used DNA from discarded cigarette butts to tie him to the case, prosecutors said.

Joshua Besaw, 35, of Thompson, Conn., faces several federal charges, including kidnapping and transportation of a minor to engage in illegal sexual activity, Connecticut's U.S. District Attorney’s Office said. He was arrested Wednesday after police worked for almost two months to identify a suspect.

Besaw allegedly lured a 12-year-old girl off her bicycle and into his car at a park in Webster, Mass., on May 31. Court documents said Besaw told the girl his name was Chuck and he needed help because his girlfriend’s parents hated him, Western Mass News reported.

The man then transported the girl over state lines into Connecticut where he pulled over in a wooded area and sexually assaulted her, the Webster Police Department said. He eventually dropped the girl off in Dudley, Mass. where she ran to a resident’s home and called her mother.

Police asked the public on Facebook in June to help officials identify a suspect in the case. Investigators obtained surveillance video from several homes and businesses that lead them to Besaw. On July 10, investigators picked up cigarette butts that they witnessed Besaw throw away. The DNA on the cigarette butts matched DNA extracted from the victim on May 31, police and prosecutors said.

Don't like ads? Then help out the site and GO BOLD!

spiff

Professional cat spooner.
Bold Member!
This kid's parents must have NEVER talked to her about stranger danger for her to have fallen for such a dumb fucking line. Even most 8 year olds would know better than to get in the car because of a rando's girlfriend's parent problems, or any stranger's car for that matter. I wonder if she's handicapped because that really is s fucking stupid reason, and he looks so blatantly creepy that she must have next-level naivety.

That's great she's somehow not dead, and hopefully she gains a bit of common sense to protect herself now.

Ripley

Better to be pissed off than pissed on
Bold Member!
A more manly criminal would’ve known that crossing state lines gets the Feds involved. Bug eyed pedo freak

@spiff don’t blame the victim especially a kid

Babs

Trusted Member
Bold Member!
When I was a kid, I had it grilled into me to "never get into any stranger's car even if they offered candy" but it went even further than that: it included never talk with strangers. The school janitor lived nearby and walked to school, was always cheerfully saying hello to kids as they went by. He must've thought I was a weirdo cuz I never responded and, if anything, would cross to the other side of the road if I saw him approaching. After about a year it dawned on me that he was harmless.

spiff

Professional cat spooner.
Bold Member!
@spiff don’t blame the victim especially
@spiff don’t blame the victim especially a kid
I think I worded it poorly if it came off like that. I don’t blame a kid for having very childlike innocence.

I do partially blame the parents though. Mine taught me about much sneakier situations, like asking for directions or saying my parents were in the hospital. They clearly taught their kid jack shit about stranger danger to fall for this line.

Last edited:

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Hell, I also included "don't approach the car if someone stops and asks directions" and "you and your friend bolt in different directions if shit gets real and head straight for the house". We lived off a country back road, so this was appropriate. Just taylor your warnings for your surroundings. Better for your child to be overly cautious than overly trusting.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
And I would hope most adults wouldn't be approaching children, because they should know better than to put a child in an awkward situation.

Olivia

Bold Member!
Another Connecticut one??!!!! Wtf???!!! Did CT revamp our welcome sign to say “Connecticut welcomes pedophiles”?:banghead:
Post automatically merged:

And another thing!! Any grown man or woman for that matter, wearing a teenage mutant ninja turtles shirt should automatically be locked up as a child predator.

Last edited:

Staff online

• Alf
    Keeper of the Dowager Tabby

Members online