• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ghosttruck

Level 57 Taco Wizard
full

What began Tuesday morning as an argument between two patients at a psychiatric facility in Arizona ended with the death of one patient and the arrest of the other on second-degree murder charges, according to reports.

Authorities say Robert Wayne Fleming, 58, and Donald Prather, 83, were patients in adjoining rooms at the Arizona State Hospital in Phoenix and that Fleming became upset because Prather was playing his radio too loud.

The two men started arguing in the hallway, FOX 10 of Phoenix reported. Fleming then struck Prather several times, knocking him unconscious, and causing him to strike his head when he fell to the floor.

VERY VERY SAD. Music is often the last consolation for people losing their minds. Which is why it can get so emotional in a negative way too.
People with alzheimers may not remember their own children or spouse, but they remember the words to their dearest music. 50 years from now, dementia patients will be remembering the total trash songs of today. it's going to get worse.

VERY VERY SAD. Music is often the last consolation for people losing their minds. Which is why it can get so emotional in a negative way too.
People with alzheimers may not remember their own children or spouse, but they remember the words to their dearest music. 50 years from now, dementia patients will be remembering the total trash songs of today. it's going to get worse.
We would play music from their generational time and dance with them when I volunteered

We would play music from their generational time and dance with them when I volunteered
I still remember the first job I ever applied for. To care for an old man stroke victim in a rehab facility. His daughter wanted to hire additional help in the facility, not just leave him to the employees. which was good. He needed to be fed with a big syringe. He liked classical music and opera like me. Part of my job interview was meeting him. He'd lost his voice and part of the job was motivating him to talk to regain his speech. We had a rapport. I wanted to help, but I needed money, and the long commute with minimum wage wouldn't work. But I still remember. I shoulda/coulda done it for a while. Poor old fella. I bet he wished I'd stayed. Because I wish I could have.

Last edited:
Back