• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Turd Fergusen

Veteran Member
Bold Member!

Disney reportedly refused to allow a grieving father in England to place an etching of Spider-Man on the grave of his 4-year-old son — because, the media giant said, it wants to preserve the “innocence” and “magic” of the company’s characters.

Ollie Jones, whose family lives outside London in the county of Kent, died of a rare genetic disease and was given a Spider-Man sendoff. It featured a horse-drawn carriage decorated with red and blue balloons, British newspaper Metro reported.

His family’s last trip together had been to Disneyland so he could meet his beloved superhero.

Ollie’s dad, Lloyd Jones, reportedly asked the local council for permission to decorate the boy’s gravestone with Spider-Man’s likeness. He was referred to copyright owner Disney, which rejected the request.

Full Story:
https://nypost.com/2019/07/06/disney-denies-dads-request-to-put-spider-man-on-4-year-old-sons-grave/

Buy a Spiderman picture and have it attached to the headstone. I've seen pictures of the occupants put on the headstones, not just etched so it can be done. I don't think Disney could say too much about that. You bought and it's still trademarked Disney and they can't tell you what to do with it as long as you're not using it for evil, apparently .

What a weird thing to obsess about with a freshly dead kid on hand. I wouldn't begin to have the energy to fight Disney on a regular week and definitely wouldn't bother after having a kid drop dead.

Stick a Spiderman toy in the ground next to the grave and call it a day, crazy man. Put it in your backyard, whatever. I guarantee Disney has better lawyers than someone who must not even have a job if he has time to fight this.

The real heroes are certainly not being born and raised by Disney, so, maybe don't let your kids get too deep into infatuation with Disney characters. That goes for anything generated by the entertainment industry.

Or buy one of those cool Chinese "Spyda Man" head stones...super cheap!
Beat me to it! :joyful:

So they want to protect the image of Spider-Man. Okay I got it. My question is why aren't they chasing down and litigating against everything and anything that is remotely sexualizing (aka innocence removing) with Spider-Man included?

Go fuc yourself Disney! You could have approved it and kept it under wraps and I can promise next to no one ever would have known it existed and no one would have cared. However it would have given this childs parents, close friends, a smile and a fond thought.

I wonder did you ever get your crack legal team on these beauties to sue their asses into oblivion?

Finally before my head fully fucking explodes. A quick lesson for the Disney assholes. You reportedly want to preserve the innocence of Spider-Man. You do realize it was through Spider-Man's / Peter Parker's in action with a criminal that led to his Uncle Ben being killed right? Okay maybe that's picking a little too hard at things that happened before your watch I get that. So how do you explain this thing then? It was done on Disney's ownership and watch under Marvel and totally completely 100% approved by the company...

Sure as hell looks like Spider-Man dry humping a f****** headstone to me.

The council deserves blame for this too. What would have bene the harm in these beaurocrat asswipes just making a decision on their own and letting the stone get engraved? They seriously genuinely worried that Disney would catch wind of it and what, file a lawsuit against the town??? It's so fucking outrageous.

PUssy europeans.

Bizarre stance from Disney

Well, they might get wind of it. There was a daycare with Disney characters painted on the outside, and they came after that. Disney are assholes when it comes to their brand.

Back