• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A woman who was killed in a blaze at her Harlem apartment early Wednesday, along with her children, had survived two previous fires, family members confirmed to PIX11.

Andrea Pollidore, 45, her four children — two girls, ages 11 and 6, and two boys, ages 8 and 3 — and a 33-year-old man believed to be the woman's stepson, were killed overnight when a fire that began on a kitchen stove tore through their NYCHA apartment.

The blaze consumed the fifth-floor home at the Frederick E. Samuel Apartments on the corner of Adam Clayton Powell Jr. Boulevard and West 142nd Street shortly after 1:30 a.m., fire officials said.

FDNY Commissioner Daniel Nigro said the victims were found dead in two separate bedrooms.

The cause of the fire appears to have been a stove burner that was left turned on, fire officials said, adding that so far there is no indication the fire is suspicious.

Possibly stove eye on for heat? I know it's now like 80 in the shade in Georgia but I don' t know about New York, is it still cold there?

We have space heaters and use the oven in the winter? I guess it’s a possibility @cubby .. she’s been burned previously and lost a house on a different occasion.. you would think she would be more cautious?!

Grief-stricken leeches of the Harlem mom who died along with five of her children when fire tore through their death-trap public housing apartment last month plan to sue the city — for $2.2 billion.

“It’s hard to put a dollar value on the loss of human life, but the $2.2 billion, we feel, is appropriate in light of the current situation,” said lawyer Evan Oshan, who is representing a surviving daughter of late matriarch Andrea Pollidore.

The eye-popping sum is not arbitrary, the lawyer said — it is the same amount that Mayor Bill de Blasio committed to his embattled New York City Housing Authority in January to settle a federal probe into horrendous living conditions in buildings such as Pollidore’s.

“There needs to be a message sent because things aren’t getting better here,” Oshan said. “There’s been major, major neglect in that building.”

Pollidore, 45, her children were found dead in bedrooms on opposite sides of their West 142nd Street apartment in the Fred Samuels Houses after a fire swept through it in the early hours of May 8.

The seven-story NYCHA building, which dates to 1910, had no sprinklers, and most of the family’s fifth-floor unit’s emergency exits were off the kitchen — which is where the blaze ignited from an unattended stove.

I am sorry this woman is not worth the money they are seeking.

I wish the other tenants could sue these leeches because is was their mother's carelessness and stupidity that caused the fire that displaced them and destroyed their possessions.

The daughter filed the lawsuit less than a week after the fire, which is incredibly fast. I wonder if mom and the siblings had even been laid to rest yet? Or was winning the "money grubbing lottery" the only thing on their minds?

Back