• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A former US Navy sailor in California has been found guilty of abusing his neighbors' dogs.

His neighbors say he stole a golden retriever that is still missing and another said he gouged out a Siberian Husky's eye.

David C. Herbert, 37, was found guilty of 11 charges including animal abuse and vandalism by a San Diego County jury on Friday.

His former next door neighbor Maria Morales raised the alarm about Herbert after she came home one day in April 2017 and found her residence broken into and her Siberian Husky Estrella's left eye gouged out. The pup survived and was left partially blind.

Morales also accused Herbert of burning her two dogs by dousing them with acid and slashing her family's car four times in early 2017.

Her family moved out immediately afterwards, according to the Los Angeles Times.

'I have changed my life forever, but this man is in jail right now, so I am happy for my family,' Morales said.

About a month later Michelle Plaketta moved in with her family and two dogs. Two days later her nine-year-old golden retriever Lala disappeared.

Lala is still missing and cops presume she is dead. Traces of Lala's blood was found inside Herbert's car and on a baseball bat he owned, according to KTLA.

However he has not been found guilty of beating the dog with the bat.

At first he claimed that Lala jumped into his car and he couldn't get her out, so he took her to a shelter. He added the dog was injured after heavy items in the back of his car slid into her.

Later Herbert, of Oceanside, admitted he placed the dog into his vehicle but denied striking her with the bat.

'I’ll never have Lala back, but [Herbert] won’t hurt another pet,' Plaketta said on the verdict.

An investigation into Herbert revealed his internet searches and the disturbing query: 'How to get a dog to drink antifreeze'.

He also admitted to purchasing ethylene glycol, which is a compound in antifreeze, and leaving it around his property.

In court Herbert represented himself at trial. He was found guilty of six felony charges of animal cruelty and a count of residential burglary from entering Morales' home and attacking the dogs.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...abusing-neighbors-dogs-gouging-eye-Husky.html

Lala is still missing and cops presume she is dead. Traces of Lala's blood was found inside Herbert's car and on a baseball bat he owned, according to KTLA.

However he has not been found guilty of beating the dog with the bat.

At first he claimed that Lala jumped into his car and he couldn't get her out, so he took her to a shelter. He added the dog was injured after heavy items in the back of his car slid into her.

Later Herbert, of Oceanside, admitted he placed the dog into his vehicle but denied striking her with the bat.

Would you like to buy some real estate in central London?

Last edited:
I wouldn’t mind enucleating his eyes, pro-bono, and forcing him to eat them like fucking lollipops. (Does that sound edgy? Because I know how to!)

Back