• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

SoUncool

With my all by myself...
I have said dumbasses at least 30 times or more today and I'm gonna say it again. DUMBASSES!

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/16722424/detail.html?treets=den&tml=den_12pm&ts=T&tmi=den_12pm_1_01000206272008

FORT COLLINS, Colo. -- Colorado's new flag stamp that went on sale two weeks ago as part of a new national stamp series may have a major problem: the mountain is in Wyoming.

The U.S. Postal Service stamp shows the Colorado flag, with a snowy mountain and evergreen trees.

But, a sharp-eyed 7NEWS viewer from Fort Collins thought the mountain outline depicted on the Colorado stamp looked distinctively familiar. Bob Michael said he believed the mountain on the stamp is 13,620-foot Mount Helen in Wind River Range of Wyoming.

2dtyxx3.jpg

Michael is an avid mountain climber who has bagged all 54 of Colorado 14ers and has climbed in Wyoming as well.

Artist Tom Engemans designed of the Colorado postage stamp. He is a well-known stamp artist who has designed many postal stamps including the "Forever" stamp.

Al DeSarro, with the U.S. Postal Service, said that Engeman's artwork "was not based on any specific picture of a mountain."

21c75i1.gif

He said it is supposed to be a generic representation of a mountain -- not a specific mountain in Colorado.

The U.S. Postal Service plans to issue a total of 60 flag stamps in alphabetical order -- one for each state, the District of Columbia and U.S. territories as well as the stars and stripes.

Back