• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A New Mexico sheriff’s officer is facing scrutiny after surveillance video released Friday allegedly showed him firing a Taser into the groin of a jail deputy, reports said.

The Rio Arriba County Sheriff’s Office announced last week that Deputy Leon Gallegos is on paid leave after the alleged June 3 incident.

Timothy J. Gallegos, the alleged victim, said he was “joking” when he told Gallegos to “stop honking his horn at my jail.”

“When he said this isn't your jail, we then both laughed and he pulled his issued Taser and tased me in the groin," Gallegos wrote, according to the Albuquerque Journal.

Maj. Randy Sanches called the taser incident “accidental,” and said that it occurred at the sally port entrance, a secure area of the jail. This comes after the Rio Arriba County Sherriff’s Office received backlash over its handling of another Taser-related incident last month.

Timothy J. Gallegos, the alleged victim, said he was “joking” when he told Gallegos to “stop honking his horn at my jail.”

“When he said this isn't your jail, we then both laughed and he pulled his issued Taser and tased me in the groin,"
He's a total asshole and perceives his job as a cop is superior to that of the jailer.

I hope he's sent to the unemployment line.

A jail guard, identified in a lawsuit as T.G., said he was working at the Rio Arriba County Jail in Tierra Amarilla June 3 when a county deputy used a Taser on his genitals.

Just like thousands of times before, a law enforcement officer needed to enter the jail’s sally port, but when Rio Arriba County Deputy Leon Gallegos needed to enter, the suit claimed he was honking his horn.

The jail guard told him to stop honking his horn. Shortly after, Deputy Gallegos pulled out his Taser X2 and shot T.G. in the groin

The incident was caught on a jail security camera. The jail guard immediately hunched over and fell to his knees. Minutes later, T.G. is still in visible pain.

When Deputy Gallegos deployed the Taser, the barbs penetrated through the jail guard’s pants and sent 50,000 volts of electricity into his genitals.

The suit alleges that T.G. now has permanent injuries that have caused “a loss of intimacy and loss of enjoyment of life."

Rio Arriba County Sheriff James Lujan is also being sued in the case. He admits his deputy was in the wrong.

“It was a mistake and it was a bad mistake,” Sheriff Lujan said.

The lawsuit references a previous interview KOB 4 conducted with Sheriff Lujan where he said the department issued out new Taser X2’s before deputies were trained on them.

Sheriff Lujan told KOB 4 that Deputy Gallegos was disciplined and was off the force for a short time, but now he’s working again on full patrol. The Sheriff added that the incident was a wake up call for him. Since it happened—he has ensured that every deputy is now up to date on all trainings.

“I put out the order that I want everyone to be up to date with their classroom academy standards by Oct. 1, and they were all up to date by Oct. 1.” Sheriff Lujan said.

Last edited:
Both of them deserve to be tazed in the nuts. Neither of them own that fucking jail. Like a couple of little kids fighting over playground territory. These are the kind of people your tax money pays to protect you.....WTF

Back