• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/detroit-pastor-charged-transgender-woman-s-murder-n947236
Kelly Stough, a 36-year-old transgender woman from Detroit, was murdered on Friday in the city’s Palmer Park neighborhood. On Monday, the Wayne County prosecutor’s office charged Albert Weathers, a 46-year-old preacher, in her murder.
181212-kelly-stough-cs-236p_938bf925eed6a5f429427a26bd6b8059.fit-360w.jpg

“After a police investigation, prosecutors arraigned Weathers on charges of open murder and use of a firearm in commission of a felony,” said a press release shared with NBC News by the Wayne County prosecutor’s office. Weathers’ is due back in court in late December. His bond has been set at $1 million.

Prosecutors said they will present evidence in court that Stough’s gender identity was a motivating factor in her murder. According to LGBTQ news site INTO, Weathers called police to report a robbery and claimed he had shot someone in self-defense, though NBC News has not independent confirmed that this call was made.
[....]
“I want people to know that because she was transgender doesn't mean that she was not loved, that she was not cared for,” Jessica Chantae Stough, Kelly’s mother, said in an interview with NBC News. “She has a family who cared about her, who loved her, and I want them to know that transgender ladies — expressly those of color — they're just not throwaways; people care about them.”

“She was educated, she was God-filled, she loved church, she loved others,” Stough continued. “As a human being in the United States of America, you have the right to be who you want to be, and you shouldn’t be shamed or bullied or persecuted for the choice you make.” The victim’s cousin, Nicole R. Mapson-Cone, started a GoFundMe page to help the family pay for Kelly’s funeral costs.

Attachments

• kelly-stough.jpg
    kelly-stough.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 1,883
For those who claim to uphold the "teaching of Jesus" so much, I've found that quite often, preachers are some of the most bigoted people I've ever met, and they seem to have forgotten that Christ focused his teachings to basically only two major things:
1: To love God with all of your heart.
2: To love thy neighbor as you would love yourself.

Weathers call to 911 to report a robbery and shooting someone in "self-defense" sounds hinky AF to me; IMO, it's more likely he knew this woman in some way personally, and may have conveniently invited her over with the intent of either sexual favors or to set up his "robbery and self-defense" story, or possibly both.
The rate of trans women's murders have spiked over the past few years, and black trans women are killed in far more disproportionately higher numbers than all other races of trans women combined.

Being LGBTQ doesn't even make the ten commandments or seven deadly/cardinal sins list as a punishable sin, but murder comes in at number 6 on the list of ten commandments, and isn't listed at all in the seven cardinal sins.

There have always been LGBTQ people, since the dawn of mankind.
In our earliest days, they were looked upon with magical wonderment and often considered as holy people for being in touch with both the masculine and feminine.
Native American tribes often appointed them as their shamans for their ability to be in both worlds (male/female) at the same time, and many were also tribal elders for the insight into what we now call human psychology, for their understanding not only of both the male and female perspective, but also and more importantly for the fact that they helped to feed, raise, mentor and teach the all children of the tribes.
In addition for helping to gather/hunt for food for the whole tribe and caring for the youngest through to the eldest without reproducing any offspring themselves, they were able to aid the entire tribe by keeping the demands of essentials for living high or completely fulfilled without adding to the tribe's burden with children of their own.
This was at a time where most people knew little of science, the world itself, and many had never roamed more than a few hundred miles at most from where they were born.

Now is considered the age of "enlightenment", but it seems that in many ways ancient mankind may have been far more enlightened than we perceive of them to have been today.
As today, we're reduced to killing what we don't understand, without even the slightest attempt by those who kill to try to understand that which they don't know and/or are frightened of by their own insecurities.

May you rest in peace, power, and pride sister Kelly Stough - you are gone but will never be forgotten.

Well ... he wasn't expecting a man or she was robbing him, so he shot her.

Only God knows for sure ... Not saying the preacher is right ... because he isn't.

But that's what I think happened here.

Last edited:
So the big old dirty Preacher Man did he know the transgendered victim in the biblical way?
I'd bet a crisp $20 on that any day! He's probably conflicted himself...tried a little shemale action, loved it and when things were about to come out he panicked!
People just need to be who they are...stop all the hiding/shady shit

"She" looks like a man wearing a lot of makeup.
I think he flipped out when he found out his adulterous encounter had male genitals.

Not only is he an adulterer, he is also a murderer.
It seems to me when it comes to following the word of God he isn’t that good at it.
At this point imma need folks to stop acting like being a member of the LGBTQIA is somehow worse than being a rapist or a thief.
Also a lot of talk about homosexuality revolves around consent. In the Old Testament they were literally beating down folks door when a unknown man came to town and in the New Testament grown men were grooming boys aka pederasty which is no different than what has happened in many churches today.
I don’t know why this asshole murdered her but I do know this, unless he makes right with his God he is not gonna be happy in the afterlife.
Just becos she was transgender doesn’t mean her life didn’t matter.

"She" looks like a man wearing a lot of makeup.
I think he flipped out when he found out his adulterous encounter had male genitals.

Neither the original article, nor any of the links included in it state whether she was pre or post operative, but she was apparently open about her status as a transgender woman to most, if not all of those who knew her.
She looks more far feminine than a great deal of heterosexual and married with children CIS females, and as just by reading the comments of those who knew and loved her, was as beautiful in spirit and soul as she was physically.

If she "looks like a man wearing too much makeup", then why would Weathers want a tryst with her?
We have no way of knowing at this time why Weathers killed her; perhaps he'd offered to pray with her or pastor her for a friend/family member who was suffering a hardship, and when she rebuked his advances, he snapped.

Not only is he an adulterer, he is also a murderer.
It seems to me when it comes to following the word of God he isn’t that good at it.
At this point imma need folks to stop acting like being a member of the LGBTQIA is somehow worse than being a rapist or a thief.
Also a lot of talk about homosexuality revolves around consent. In the Old Testament they were literally beating down folks door when a unknown man came to town and in the New Testament grown men were grooming boys aka pederasty which is no different than what has happened in many churches today.
I don’t know why this asshole murdered her but I do know this, unless he makes right with his God he is not gonna be happy in the afterlife.
Just becos she was transgender doesn’t mean her life didn’t matter.

Amen, @CbabyRKO

It's impossible to understand why so many people take such issue with the transgendered, especially as what they do in and with their lives has absolutely no bearing on anyone else's life or lifestyle whatsoever.
Those of you who do so wouldn't last a week, and probably not a single day in their shoes, as you have no concept of the bravery it takes for them to simply go outside their homes each day, much less having to live, work, shop and survive in society every single day for two years as their transitioning gender *before* any sexual reassignment, or facial feminization/augmentation surgeries are allowed to take place.
Even with that requirement, the psychological testing they must endure is grueling, as medical professionals must be absolutely certain that the individual is a genuine candidate for such surgeries, and not merely someone who's "going through a phase", or is a homosexual with severe guilt complexes that thinks "if I transition to female/male, then I'm not *gay* anymore" - and those are just some of the possible mental situations that exclude certain people from being candidates for SRS in the US.

What I do know is they are THE MOST vulnerable people in my society for being singled out for verbal and other constant abusive attacks on a daily basis, in addition to physical attacks, rapes and murders.

..."At this point imma need folks to stop acting like being a member of the LGBTQIA is somehow worse than being a rapist or a thief."... "Just becos she was transgender doesn’t mean her life didn’t matter."

@CbabyRKO , all of this, with my gratitude to you.

Last edited:
Stough was an aspiring fashion designer and well-known in Detroit’s ballroom dance scene. She was also an outspoken advocate for her community, speaking out against the violence facing trans people, and especially trans women of color. “The police are unaware with our struggle so they have no sympathy for us,” she told the Guardian in 2015 after the murder of 20-year-old trans woman Amber Monroe in Palmer Park — the same neighborhood where Stough was killed three years later.
There were 29 recorded murders of trans people in 2017, making it the deadliest year on record for trans people in the U.S., and 2018’s numbers show that the threat is not letting up. The National Coalition of Anti-Violence Programs (NCAVP) tracks homicides of LGBTQ people, and put out a report last year showing that trans women of color are at greater risk of being killed in hate crimes than any other group, and that the rates of these murders have been steadily rising for the last several years.

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-news/transgender-murder-detroit-kelly-stough-768935/

Thank you @giantblue
So she was a well known and an outspoken advocate for her transgendered community, and had at least one interview with a major UK news outlet as far back as 2015, about another transwoman who was killed in the same area where she herself was later killed.
At this point it's more than probable that Weathers knew exactly who she was and that she was transgendered, so the speculations that he was angered and killed her after finding out "his date" was a transwoman are moot.
He knew.
Whether this alone was his reasoning for killing her, or if he made advances which she spurned, will now play out in court where he's now facing murder and felony murder charges for her death.

A former pastor has pleaded guilty to murdering a transgender woman, who police found dead on a Detroit, Michigan, street.
The defendant, Albert Weathers, 50, told cops that he shot and killed Kelly Stough, 36, by accident when he pulled out his gun in self-defense, according interview footage reported by The Detroit News. He maintained that the victim tried to rob him after he dropped his daughter off at school. Highland Park police Sgt. Heather Holcomb testified to seeing a sharp object in Stough’s right hand after the shooting.

Other testimony suggested a far messier story and cast a sinister light on Weathers, a former pastor of the Logos Church in Detroit. Kyra Butts, a trans woman who did sex work, said that Weathers was a customer.

“He was one of the guys that I hooked up with,” she said, according to the outlet. “He would drive around a lot before he would pick someone up.”

He frequented the area of Palmer Park for her services and the services of other sex workers, many of whom were also trans, she testified.

She stopped going on “dates” with him because he would give her the “run around” when it came to how much he would pay her, Butts reportedly said.

“His attitude was aggressive and kind of intimidating,” she testified.
It took more than four years, however, to reach a conclusion in court. Weathers pleaded guilty to second-degree murder and felony firearm on Thursday.

In exchange, he will spend eight years in prison for the murder charge and two years for the gun charge.

“The mother of the victim acknowledged that she agreed and was grateful for the resolution in the case,” prosecutors wrote.

The court scheduled formal sentencing for Sept. 8.

former pastor who pled guilty to murdering a transgender woman in 2018 was sentenced to up to 16 years in prison.

In court for his victim impact statements, Albert Weathers declined to say anything before the judge announced her decision.
While Weathers didn't speak, his attorney did, going over factors of the case and police report that offer one story behind the shooting.

The defendant was emotionless throughout the hearing. He'll have to turn himself in on Oct. 9.

Back