• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
WARREN, Mich. (FOX 2) - FOX 2 recently showed surveillance video ofa $500 dine and dash by a large group at a Macomb County Japanese steakhouse.

That video helped police track down some of the people involved. Two women are facing charges including a Detroit police officer.
full

The large group sat at the table racking up a bill of more than $500 then casually walked out. They didn't realize a security camera was watching the whole time.

It was a Mother's Day meal for a family of 10 adults and a handful of kids who filled their faces at Sagano Japanese Steakhouse in Warren - then asked for five separate tabs.

The server was never able to deliver the checks, because the group had walked out on the $530 bill.
[....]
"We don't get this very often, I can't remember the last time we had a dine and dash and I certainly can't one that was $500," said Macomb County Prosecutor Eric Smith.

Smith says after surveillance video ran on FOX 2 last Friday, tips came in leading investigators to a female Detroit police officer - who is now facing a misdemeanor for the crime.
[....]
The day after FOX 2's story aired - someone came to Sagano and paid that big bill saying to restaurant staff that they were a 'friend' of the party who walked out.

It turns out, Smith says - it was the DPD officer herself.

"The fact that none of them - particularly a law enforcement officer - didn't think it through and say maybe we shouldn't do this," Smith said.

"I was surprised they been charged for this crime but I thought after they paid everything was done," said Yukio Oki, restaurant manager.

We broke the news to restaurant manager Oki who says he hopes they learned their lesson.
[....]
The officer and another woman in the group are facing a 90-day misdemeanor. They are expected to be in court Thursday.

Detroit police have launched an internal investigation and put that officer on restricted, no gun status.

"The customer is right normally," Oki said. "But this time, they are not."

Last edited:
Detroit. Go figure! Filthy place full of filthy animals! She better lose her job but I’m not holding my breath. The whole town is filled with criminal scum including corrupt public officials and dirty cops.

TRUDAT, TX Leather Face!

I always knew Detroit to be a corrupt shit hole (Kwame Kilpatrick and some undesirables in the U.S. congress).

But what really opened my eyes was a documentary that was released last year called White Boy. It documents a sordid tale of evil, from Mayor Coleman Young down to street cops. It is absolutely insane the amount of corruption there. And it helped explain to me why that place looks worse than Dresden, post bombing. Hell, even the guy that played Inspector Todd in the 48 Hours movie, was a real cop in Detroit who was corrupt as all fuck.

The documetary has been on Starz recently. And I'm sure it's on On Demand if anyone has that, as well as on Uverse, Netflix, and Amazon Prime (as well as other places online). I highly recommend it to everyone that wants to understand how Detroit went from a world leading modern city to post apocalyptic sewer in several decades.

TRUDAT, TX Leather Face!

I always knew Detroit to be a corrupt shit hole (Kwame Kilpatrick and some undesirables in the U.S. congress).

But what really opened my eyes was a documentary that was released last year called White Boy. It documents a sordid tale of evil, from Mayor Coleman Young down to street cops. It is absolutely insane the amount of corruption there. And it helped explain to me why that place looks worse than Dresden, post bombing. Hell, even the guy that played Inspector Todd in the 48 Hours movie, was a real cop in Detroit who was corrupt as all fuck.

The documetary has been on Starz recently. And I'm sure it's on On Demand if anyone has that, as well as on Uverse, Netflix, and Amazon Prime (as well as other places online). I highly recommend it to everyone that wants to understand how Detroit went from a world leading modern city to post apocalyptic sewer in several decades.
It was Beverly hills cop, not 48 Hours.

Back