• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
Many years ago, while researching my family we discovered that I had a fairly famous Confederate general in the tree. Me being an idiot kid decided that having the flag would be cool, not knowing the full context to African American individuals.

So I had the flag up in my locker at the boarding school, and one of the house parents was a black gentleman, they were doing locker inspection and there is the flag big as day in my locker.
He turned looked at me, shook his head sadly, and then used his cane to push it out the way.

That was the last day the flag was in my locker. I don't regret my heritage,nor What any of my ancestors did, that was before my time. But I realized then that even though I have ancestors that tie to the Confederate flag and the German eagle, it's not proper to display them.

Bull fuck shit > to anyone hollering this is racial - I have R hand injury, 20 yrs past - nerves pulled, 3 fingers really messed up (My hand does this exact thing, when hand is relaxed ) did loose tip of 1 finger, partial pinky finger ( to knuckle - 2nd digit) so unless you actually know .... Dumb ass's ,do not assume , if intentional or not > jeepers

Yesterday was the first day I ever read that it's considered a hate symbol, and I think it was an article about the emoji.

Is this actually a thing, or is it like the rest of the Internet scandals where like three people on the planet think it's a white power symbol and we pretend their opinions are significant?

As a society, I really wish we could learn to collectively ignore the extremists. Only a couple nutters are actual SJW extremists or members of the KKK, can't we just ignore them all until they die off on their own? They're statistically insignificant and it's frustrating that anyone cares what they think.
Yes, it is a thing, shared by bigots and recently outed to the general public. It's used like a gang sign. Lots of photos on the web with groups flashing it.

Back