• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Police say an Elizabethtown man called Child Protective Services to turn himself in after he spanked a 3-year-old so hard he left bruising.

According to an arrest report, 32-year-old Derek Thompson called Child Protective Services sometime around 7 p.m. Tuesday to report that he'd spanked his girlfriend's son at around noon, and afterward, he noticed that he'd left several red marks and bruises on the child's rear end.

An officer with the Elizabethtown Police Department met with Thompson at his home in Elizabethtown.

Thompson told the officer he'd spanked the child four or five times, according to an arrest report.. The officer looked at the bruising and said that it was "still significant."

Thompson was arrested and charged with third-degree criminal abuse of a child, a misdemeanor.

John Thomas, a spokesperson for the Elizabethtown Police Department, says calls like Thompson's are extremely rare, calling it an "unusual twist."

“I've never personally seen a child abuse defendant call social services to report his own abuse," Thomas said. He added that, “I believe that is commendable that the suspect took the steps to try to rectify his very serious mistake.”
http://www.wdrb.com/story/37235726/...d-protective-services-to-report-his-own-abuse
15792542_G.jpg

Well he spells Derek correctly so that is a plus.
Turns himself in...good
There may be help for him.
I nwonder what will happen down the road with him.

he looks like a goomba from the Mario brothers movie!
vLKE27

thank god he turned himself in! this is the first I have read of anyone turning themselves in.. maybe he truly lost his shit and when he came back to reality he realised it and turned himself in..

Last edited:
That guy ....
I'm torn...he clearly realized hed done wrong , and dropped dime on himself.
I wonder if he was tryin to get ahead of anyone else turning him in, so as to receive compassion from the judge....

OOORRR....hes a decent dude, raised right, and seriously was remorseful.
Maybe hes a Christian, or catholic, and learned that to be forgiven, one must confess.
I hope it's the latter.
Dont you?

I hope he turned himself in realizing that he has a problem that needs to be addressed and that he can be helped with anger management etc. If he was "forced into it" by the child Mom - good for her, we see too many "Moms" standing by while their penis abuses the kids.
We were rarely spanked as kids but my mother remembers one time leaving marks on my brothers legs and has still not forgiven herself 40 years later. She never spanked us again. We were not abused and were raised in a loving caring environment. I hope he is like my Mom .....

Back