• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ghosttruck

Level 57 Taco Wizard
1571337483480.png

Yeah...you read that correctly...

You've got to be a special kind of law enforcement officer to have two lawsuits filed against you in the same day. Hamilton County Deputy Daniel Wilkey is that kind of special. The Tennessee law enforcement officer managed to violate rights against enough people that two of them retained lawyers. This suggests Deputy Wilkey violates rights on a regular basis, but maybe not egregiously enough to merit a lawsuit in every case.

Both cases here are disturbing. And they're disturbing in very different ways. I've never read a civil rights lawsuit against an officer that included claims of a forcible religious experience, but here we are. (h/t Peter Bonilla)

The first lawsuit [PDF], filed by Shandle Riley, alleges that Deputy Wilkey followed her to a friend's house from a nearby gas station. Once he had (sort of) pulled her over, things got weird quick.

First, Deputy Wilkey claimed Riley was holding meth. To prove this, he engaged in a full body patdown. Then he ordered her to take off her bra and "shake her bra and shirt" to prove she hadn't stashed any meth there. Riley asked for a female officer to be present during this "search" but the deputy told her the law doesn't require female cops to search female citizens.

He then asked if she had anything illegal in her car. She said she had a marijuana roach stashed in a pack of cigarettes. At that point, Deputy Wilkey became verbally abusive. Then he decided to strike a deal with the alleged criminal. We'll go to the lawsuit for that because… well, it offers the driest recounting of a positively insane situation.....

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm dyin' laughing my ass off at the baptism in the lake. But the anal cavity search and the victim suffering anal tearing and an aggravated hernia, idk. He should serve time just being stoopid!
Post automatically merged:

HOw exactly was he going to baptize her on the side of the road? Pee on her?
LOL.The article states she had to follow him to a lake.

He then asked if she had anything illegal in her car. She said she had a marijuana roach stashed in a pack of cigarettes.
WHY IN FUCKS NAME DO PEOPLE DO THIS.

You. Say. No. You say nothing but no. No there is nothing illegal. No you may not search my vehicle. No I will not open the car door for you. No I will not open the trunk for you.
Immediately close the door when you exit the car, as they can do a cursory search if its open.

There is no reason to ever, EVER, admit to a crime when asked by a cop. All you do is fuck yourself over and lose a shit-ton of money by having to hire a lawyer. And then you possibly go to jail. And once you're out, every prospective employer hears you have a criminal record and goes "NOPE. Next!" Your inability to find work will be entirely down to you choosing to tell a cop you have drugs on you when you could simply have said no and not gone to jail.
In this particular instance, saying no would mean you would not have been forcibly baptized by a nearly naked cop who could have just as easily raped and drowned you because he's a batshit insane fuckstick.

Just say no. Not to drugs, but to searches. And requests to baptize you. And to interacting with anyone who says god is talking to them. Nothing good ever comes from any of those things.

WHY IN FUCKS NAME DO PEOPLE DO THIS.

You. Say. No. You say nothing but no. No there is nothing illegal. No you may not search my vehicle. No I will not open the car door for you. No I will not open the trunk for you.
Immediately close the door when you exit the car, as they can do a cursory search if its open.

There is no reason to ever, EVER, admit to a crime when asked by a cop. All you do is fuck yourself over and lose a shit-ton of money by having to hire a lawyer. And then you possibly go to jail. And once you're out, every prospective employer hears you have a criminal record and goes "NOPE. Next!" Your inability to find work will be entirely down to you choosing to tell a cop you have drugs on you when you could simply have said no and not gone to jail.
In this particular instance, saying no would mean you would not have been forcibly baptized by a nearly naked cop who could have just as easily raped and drowned you because he's a batshit insane fuckstick.

Just say no. Not to drugs, but to searches. And requests to baptize you. And to interacting with anyone who says god is talking to them. Nothing good ever comes from any of those things.
I agree but for some people they can't really do that. Note that she did ask for her rights and he turned her down . If the police don't respect the law then there is nothing to do... But shake boobs and get baptized.

They look like brothers.
He looks happy with himself.
I watched the whole video.
They were all ott with their ego.
He saw James ass and dove straight in.
He gloved up with one hand.
He didn’t tell the copper who turned up after though, that one touched it with his hand to see what it was.
This officer is seriously unhinged.
camera cuts out just after James says they can’t do an anal search at the side of a busy road (especially with passing cars, in front of the girlfriend)
It is rape.
No ifs or buts.
It won’t be said like that though.
This officer will say he was in fear of his life so took all necessary action to prevent harm or loss of life to himself.

When they put all the evidence on the car hood, there were three officers all smiling and joking to each other.
They looked really pleased with their catch.

The officer also had to be ordered to check his prisoners handcuffs. (James complained about them several times)

The anal search should have been expected though.
There was an inordinate amount of time checking the groin area. (A good few minutes)....

I hope he’s charged and jailed.

Even if it’s for the shortest of time......a police officer in prison does so well......

What did I just read?

One shit-bag deputy with a pervy sense of entitlement to fondle suspects and the other that doesn't have the balls to cross the 'Thin Blue Line'.

And guess what???

Two more suits filed -

Deputy Sued Over Forced Baptism Sued Again By A Minor Alleging Another Bizarre Mixture Of God And Invasive Searches

from the yeah-I've-never-seen-those-words-lined-up-like-that-before-either dept
Wed, Oct 16th 2019 12:17pm — Tim Cushing

You've got to be a special kind of law enforcement officer to have two lawsuits filed against you in the same day. Hamilton County Deputy Daniel Wilkey is that kind of special. The Tennessee law enforcement officer managed to violate rights against enough people that two of them retained lawyers. This suggests Deputy Wilkey violates rights on a regular basis, but maybe not egregiously enough to merit a lawsuit in every case.

Both cases here are disturbing. And they're disturbing in very different ways. I've never read a civil rights lawsuit against an officer that included claims of a forcible religious experience, but here we are. (h/t Peter Bonilla)

(and LEO's around the country, wonder why communities are losing faith in their gooberment provided jobs)

Nice to see some Techdirt stories here. One of my better daily reads

Hamilton County Sheriff's Office Deputy Daniel Wilkey has been indicted on 44 criminal charges, including 25 felonies, "pertaining to incidents he was involved in while on duty in an official capacity," according to the Hamilton County Sheriff's Office.
full

[....]
Hamilton County Sheriff's Office Deputy Daniel Wilkey has been indicted on 44 criminal charges, including 25 felonies, "pertaining to incidents he was involved in while on duty in an official capacity," according to the Hamilton County Sheriff's Office.
[....]
Wilkey was hired by the sheriff's office in February 2018, just six months after leaving the Rhea County Sheriff's Office in August 2017.

Six months before that, in February 2017, Rhea County reached a settlement in a federal lawsuit that claimed Wilkey fatally shot Steven Lee "Buddy" Howell while employed as a deputy with the Rhea sheriff's office.

Since being hired in Hamilton County, Wilkey has had eight internal affairs cases opened against him. Two of those were found to be within policy. The rest, including two vehicle pursuits, do not list a disposition.

Three other deputies — Brewer, Jacob Goforth and Tyler McRae — have been named in at least three separate incidents alleging they stood by and watched Wilkey reportedly violate citizens' rights.

Attorneys for the deputies have asked judges in each case to put the civil suits on hold while the criminal investigations move forward.

Judges have so far made a decision in only two cases: the alleged baptism and the alleged roadside body cavity search.

The only case in which a hold was granted is in the one involving the apparent cavity search. Chief Judge Pamela Reeves granted a 90-day hold.

As of October, Brewer had been assigned to clerical duties while under internal investigation. Goforth, however, returned to active duty Oct. 17. McRea was still patrolling and had not been placed under investigation at that time.
[....]

Latest posts

Back