• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ghosttruck

Level 57 Taco Wizard
full

Posting for @Satanica

DENTON, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) – Denton Police are looking for a 2-year-old boy, Sarbesh Gurung, who was reported missing by his mother on Tuesday afternoon.

The police department tweeted, “Please be on the lookout for Sarbesh, a 2 year old Asian male who was reported missing in the 2400 block of W. Prairie St.”

That’s near the University of North Texas campus.

Police later, updated the tweet to add he is wearing a blue and white plaid shirt.

Anyone who sees him should call 911 or a special hotline set up: 940-349-7960.

His mother told police she put him down for a nap and when she went to check on him around 2:00 p.m., he was missing.

Police launched drones to help in their search.

More than 100 people from the community showed up to Louise and Ave. G to help assist in the search.

“I can’t tell you how proud I am to live in a community and work in a community like Denton, Texas,” said Police Chief Frank Dixon. “The amount of community members that came out here from the mayor, to the city council people, and just everyday citizens, was amazing.”

I believe my wife repetitively told them this boy likes to be in the car, he opens doors randomly,” Oli said about his wife’s conversations with police.
Family friends pointed out that the Gurung family car and the car Sarbesh apparently climbed into are nearly identical, even with the same tassel on the side.
For a boy who loved car rides, they can only imagine how he walked away from his nap and lost his life, yards away, in a neighbor’s car.
If the parents knew this and it was so close to home, why didn't they find him?

I'm just a little pissed at the family friend.
. Now, family friends have many questions for police.
[•••]
Friends like Oli, who was among the hundreds searching for Gurung, are wondering now: How did nobody see the boy?

Let me see If I have this. A two year old goes down for a nap, Two year old gets up and walks trough the house and out the door unseen by anyone. Two year old proceeds to leave his yard and somehow manages to open and close neighbors car door after climbing in.

Nobody in the house, on the street or in the neighborhood observes the 2 year old?

I guess the parental units of the 2 year old never heard of child proofing the doors. Highly advisable when you have an active wanderer that wants to get out of doors.

Sad.

I get that he may have been able to open a car door, but I don't see how he closed the door without falling out. I have to lean so far out sometimes that I feel that I'm about to fall. So no I don't get that this baby didn't.
He probably wasnt strong enough to open it fully. Most vehicle doors are hinged so that you have to take it past the half way point for it to stay open on its own, other wise it just closes. He could have just opened it enough to worm his way inside and for it to shut behind him

Back