• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ghosttruck

Level 57 Taco Wizard
full

Is it really our responsibility to have Narcan around at all times for these junkbirds? I got hungry on a flight once...does that make it someone's job to cram a cheeseburger down my throat? An addict knows that there's a chance that bump might be your last...no one plans to OD...but why the hell do some people think it's society's job to save junkies ODing in the bathroom?

A Delta Air Lines passenger is claiming that a man died from an overdose on a recent cross-country flight, and has chastised the carrier for allegedly not having any Narcan on board.

In response, reps for Delta confirmed to Yahoo that a medical emergency happened during the trip and that their flights are not currently supplied with Naloxone, popularly identified by the brand name Narcan, a nasal spray used to counter opioid overdoses.

A spokesperson for the Atlanta-based airline told Fox News that although they could not comment on the details of the event due to passenger privacy rules, Delta will begin adding Narcan to emergency medical kits carried on its flights this fall.

Delta flight 2531 departed Boston for Los Angeles on July 13, Yahoo Lifestyle reports, which is when the male traveler allegedly passed away.

According to a tweet from passenger Lynne Lyman, the man was found with a “needle in arm, passed out in bathroom.”

“The plane didn’t have a #NarcanKit," she further alleged. "The paramedics took 10 minutes to arrive. They just carried him out in a body bag. @Delta please practice #harmreduction and get a #NarcanKit on every [plane.]”

Lyman’s call to action has since gone viral, with over 3,500 likes and hundreds of comments, inspiring even Sara Nelson, president of the Association of Flight Attendants, to chime in.

“The plane didn’t have a #NarcanKit," she further alleged. "The paramedics took 10 minutes to arrive. They just carried him out in a body bag. @Delta please practice #harmreduction and get a #NarcanKit on every [plane.]”

What kind of entitlement BS is this? Just a few months ago it was almost impossible to get one's hands on Narcan. The production is barely keeping up with the demand right now. Just in 2016 the cost of Narcan in the US was $4500/2-dose kit, up from $690 in 2014. It costs roughly 5 British pounds per dose via the NHS. What is this #harmreduction crap? Like it's Delta's job to keep junkies from killing themselves? Is it their job to keep warring family members apart on planes too? How about feuding newlyweds? Is keeping them calm on Delta too? Should they keep doubles of every available medication out there on hand just in case someone finds themself in trouble? How about a few Morning After pills on board for those flights home from Vegas? Does it stop with the "take care of MEEEEEEEE!!!!!" ever? :banghead:

PS: I don't even LIKE Delta for my own reasons, I'm not happy having to defend this bullshit...

Fuck off with that! Dude, not my fucking responsibility to make sure your ass doesn't OD. And I sure the fuck don't want nor expect a flight attendant to have the training and expertise to recognize and administer Narcan.

Bullshit "we need to watch out for humanity" cry baby shit. I say again, the fucking world needs an enema, starting with this shit

Not Delta's responsibility. Stupid junkie shot up mid flight. Let him die, one less burden on society, his family, and his friends. Entitled assholes. Stupid SJW bitch who first made the complaint.

Let all those who think there should be Narcan available everywhere donate to a special fund, and there can be a much Narcan available as THEY are willing to pay for.

Nobody is dragging insulin around for me! Or anything else I might need just because I need it. I don't make everyone around me responsible for my idiocy, why should anyone else.
Right? I mean I don't expect anyone to carry around injectable B12 and insulin syringes for me. Nope, that shit is travelling with me, in my carry-on, with a travel copy of my Rx for verification that I am allowed to be in possession of both! Oh, and my asthma inhaler too. My issues are not on anyone else to handle FFS!

I actually like that idea. If you have allergies you're expected to carry your own EpiPen
Exactly.
. A Delta Air Lines passenger is claiming that a man died from an overdose on a recent cross-country flight, and has chastised the carrier for allegedly not having any Narcan on board.
This person knows that addicts walk among us, why didn't she have a dose or two in her purse.

I'm sick of all this junky bullshit being everyone else's problem but the junky themselves.

There's free methadone clinics but no free chemotherapy or free dialysis clinics.

I am so fucking sick of people talking about naloxone and how it should be so readily available.. Ask any ER nurse they'll tell you - junkie gets narcanned there is a 9/10 chance they'll be back for another overdose in less than a month. The cops and EMTs know these useless druggies by fucking name in many towns (mine is one!!). Why is there outrage over this dead junkie???? I don't see any outrage over people not being able to afford their necessary monthly medications or families going broke over medical bills!!
But hey you wanna be a fuck up and inject heroin we will repeatedly revive you for a small fortune from the taxpayers pockets....
crazy ass fucked up world.

Back