• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Podargus

Reality Bites
I think I remember, before the money thing came in, that we recieved a notification when we'd duplicated a thread. It gave the title and a link to the original thread where our post/thread had been merged? I could be wrong. I've been on a few forums. If I'm remembering incorrectly, my apologies. But it would be a handy thing to have, if it's possible.

At the moment, I get an alert telling me that money has been deducted from my account for a deleted thread. I assume this means the thread was merged, but I can't be certain. Especially considering that the last 2 or 3 times this happened, I was unable to work out what it was that I'd posted that was "deleted". Literally hours of searching. It's very confusing.

When a thread I've posted is merged, I like to go there and see what others have written and linked. I think most people would be the same. It is the point of the forum. To discuss crimes that we find and post?

On a seperate note, there is no notice given when a post is deleted. I'm wondering if it's something I'm overlooking in my settings, or is this the case for all users?

I had one deleted recently that I'm confused about. It wasn't offensive or against any forum rules that I'm aware of. I only noticed it gone when I clicked an alert saying that someone had posted in the thread. I noticed straight away that a few posts were missing, but I don't remember any of them being nasty.

I did notice in the credit section, a function for a deleted post deduction notification. But I've never recieved an alert for a deleted post that I'm aware of.

Is this something that can be looked at? I'd really like to be directed to a thread merge. And if the the thread or post was actually deleted, I think being given a reason might be apropriate. Or just a clue?

Thanks

Last edited:
Yeah It drives me crazy when I can't figure out which thread was merged or deleted.

And I thought I had OCD about details.

A couple of stories I had posted got written up for the front page and so my account got deducted.
It took me a while to figure it out.
I then reminded myself that its only play money. Just like the time I realized there is $15, 140.00 in my monopoly game. Its only value is in the game.

And I thought I had OCD about details.

A couple of stories I had posted got written up for the front page and so my account got deducted.
It took me a while to figure it out.
I then reminded myself that its only play money. Just like the time I realized there is $15, 140.00 in my monopoly game. Its only value is in the game.

If you see my post being about play money, then I'm sorry for that.

It's not about the money (isn't that what they all sayo_O) it really isn't, I just want to know which one was merged or deleted, just because I NEED TO KNOW, DAMMIT! :whistle:

LOL

and for no other reason.

If you see my post being about play money, then I'm sorry for that.
No, it was about wanting to know why a post was deleted or a thread merged and not knowing which one.
I got that and I don't have an answer for that.
I posted about my experience with threads being merged.
Don't take anything I say personal.

Morbid hasn't been on in awhile cause he's fucking busy. Subrosa is one person. Pretty much our only mod at this point. Also has a life. Want to know why you lost money or had shit deleted? Cause you fucking did. Cause. You. Did. Let it fucking go.

Morbid hasn't been on in awhile cause he's fucking busy. Subrosa is one person. Pretty much our only mod at this point. Also has a life. Want to know why you lost money or had shit deleted? Cause you fucking did. Cause. You. Did. Let it fucking go.

Nice. If you don't want to read the post, why comment?

More than likely your notifications have to do with duplicate posts being merged. It is automated. There is nothing I can do to tell you which post is was since it's all posts in that thread. The same goes for threads that were merged. It will give you a notice that posts have been deleted when they have not technically been deleted, only moved.

If I have to delete posts in threads it is usually due of the content or quoting content that has been deleted. We are not, nor have we ever, had to tell every person why they were deleted. I have never been a forum that does that. That would be exceptionally time consuming from moderators standpoint.

I know what you mean @Podargus about the merged threads.

I put a lot of effort into every thread I create & I'm always careful to do a thorough search for a dupe using names & places, & I always use perps names in the titles & such. But it still happens sometimes, you miss a generic title & now 'your' story is just a post on someone else's thread.

It stings when you've made the effort just to have the credit(? ) kind of snatched away.
I get it.<3

Thank you, @Subrosa, for answering. I'm not sure my main point was addressed.

Is there any way we could get a notification when a thread we start is merged? Telling us where our thread went to.
All we get at the moment is a random 'thread deleted' notice, days or weeks after the fact. There is no way to trace it through posting history, because it dissappears from there. The last 2 or 3 times I've recieved the 'thread deleted' notice, I've been unable to work out what thread and whether it was merged, or deleted.

I couldn't care less about credits, or anything else. I don't see the point of the credit system at all. I have no desire to use it. I just like to follow the stories. I really have no idea why people think this is about pretend money. It isn't even about the effort put into doing the post/thread. It's simply about following the story.

Last edited:
The notifications are automated and limited to the information you are already receiving about them.

My suggestion, if you are really bothered by it, is to send me a PM and ask me.

NEVER!!!!! I want to know dammit!

Back