• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
[....]
Police and emergency medical services responded to the Little People Child Development Center on the 3800 block of Wrangle Road in Bear around 10:30 a.m. Thursday.

Officers found a 4-month-old child unresponsive and transported the infant girl to Christiana Hospital where she was later pronounced dead.

Investigators say Dejoynay M. Ferguson was the assigned caregiver of the victim in the facility’s infant room. According to police, Ferguson placed her hands over the infant’s mouth and nose and intentionally restricted her breathing until she became unresponsive.
full

Once the child was unresponsive, Ferguson allegedly placed the child back into a crib and waited 20 minutes to advise the facility’s owner that the infant was unresponsive. The owner then called 911.

Ferguson has been charged with one count of first-degree murder, and arraigned. Bail was set at $1 million cash.

As a result of this investigation, the Office of Childcare Licensing has suspended the license of the center indefinitely.

Surveillance footage is being used against Ferguson. Police say it shows her picking up the infant by the front of the shirt and putting her on a changing table, according to court documents obtained by Delaware Online. Wearing latex gloves, she allegedly held her hands on the girl’s face for over three minutes. The child didn’t move when she took her hands from the face, authorities claim.

According to cops, the defendant told them she seized the girl by the shirt because the infant was “fussy” and didn’t stop crying.

Little People Development Center’s childcare license was suspended indefinitely over the ongoing investigation.

**Infant rooms ALWAYS have more than one caregiver**

Nobody noticed anything?! Maybe her bitching about the fact the child wouldn’t stop crying?! Me personally I would have been beside myself and worried about medical reasons the kid is crying non-stop.. this bitch.. easiest way to shut it up.. I think it’s safe to say she dislikes her job and was having a shitty day :rolleyes:

What an evil cunt. I've been in and out of the medical profession for seventeen years. You bet your ass I've come close to losing it on a patient or two, but that's when you take a break, have a cigarette, or ask a coworker for help. If I had that figured out at seventeen, how come she couldn't at whatever the fuck age she is?

What an evil cunt. I've been in and out of the medical profession for seventeen years. You bet your ass I've come close to losing it on a patient or two, but that's when you take a break, have a cigarette, or ask a coworker for help. If I had that figured out at seventeen, how come she couldn't at whatever the fuck age she is?
In the medical field we’ve all had THAT PATIENT.. if it gets “supercalifragilisticexpialidocious“ you trade patients.. we are humans.. not all personalities match.. and yes caregivers have shitty days where it’s everything we can to make it thru .. and it’s rum & coke or vodka & lemonade .. tomorrow is a different day

In the medical field we’ve all had THAT PATIENT.. if it gets “supercalifragilisticexpialidocious“ you trade patients.. we are humans.. not all personalities match.. and yes caregivers have shitty days where it’s everything we can to make it thru .. and it’s rum & coke or vodka & lemonade .. tomorrow is a different day
Oh god I know what you mean. My coworkers can you take care of her please. I say yes if you buying coffee

1588808927343.png

The parents of a 4-month-old girl who was killed at a Bear child care facility in early September are suing the day care, saying it was negligent in allowing a 19-year-old to take care of infants while unsupervised, and arguing the facility failed to protect their daughter.

Attorney Timothy Lengkeek filed the suit in New Castle County Superior Court on Monday. He represents Cadell Talton and Amanda Livingston, whose daughter Isabella Talton died on Sept. 5 at The Little People Child Development Center on Wrangle Hill Road.

The filing, which names The Little People and Dejoynay Mariah Ferguson as defendants, comes about eight months after 19-year-old Ferguson was arrested for Isabella Talton's death.
At the time, Ferguson told police she suffocated the 4-month-old because she had become "fussy" and wouldn't stop crying.

Ferguson confessed after police confronted her with a surveillance video, which showed her picking up the baby by the front of her shirt and placing her on the changing table.

She was then seen putting her hands on the child's face for more than three minutes, after which the baby became "unresponsive and motionless." Prosecutors have not yet indicted Ferguson, but she was charged with first degree murder in September.

The state shut down The Little People immediately following Isabella Talton's death, but allowed it to reopen less than three weeks later.
Monday's suit seeks unspecified damages based on several charges against The Little People, including negligence and breach of contract.

The suit alleges that the facility did not have "appropriate staff with adequate credentials, qualifications, competence and experience" and did not "properly supervise, manage, oversee and ensure safety for the children."

It also says The Little People was negligent because it "failed to properly investigate Defendant Ferguson's qualifications, credentials and suitability as an employee."

Though Ferguson had passed a background check, her experience in caring for children, and what qualifications she had prior to working at The Little People, has not been made public.

A 19 year old doesn't need to be supervised.
Employers managing licensed daycare centers often prefer or require, certification or an associate degree in early childhood education.
I get negligence for not having more than one person in the baby room.

@Fives My Charm

Age does not really matter there are very immature and incapable 34 year olds out there.

Any new staff member should be shadowed for at the very least three months before they are left to care for infants, toddlers and small children alone.

It is just as much a protection for the new staff member as it is for the child.

I hope the family finds peace she really was a beautiful baby.

Dejoynay Ferguson pleaded guilty to a modified murder charge and eight counts of child abuse.

According to the Department of Justice, Dejoynay Ferguson smothered a 4-month-old infant at the Little people Child Development Center on September 5, 2019.

Delaware State Police said their investigation determined Ferguson covered the mouth and nose of the baby girl, who eventually became unresponsive. Ferguson told the owner of facility about the incident 20 minutes later, according to police.

Further investigating revealed that Ferguson had abused four other children, between one and 15 months of age.

Ferguson’s plea includes an acknowledgement of guilt for the murder, along with the other abuse alleged in the State’s indictment.

A woman who suffocated an infant to death at a Delaware day care facility has been sentenced to life in prison.

A Superior Court judge sentenced Dejoynay Ferguson on Friday, according to the Delaware Department of Justice.

The Delaware News Journal reports that Ferguson was 19 when she killed the 4-month-old girl in September 2019 at the Little People Child Development Center in Bear.

Ferguson pleaded guilty in April to murder and child abuse charges stemming from the death of Isabella Talton and the abuse of four other children.

Surveillance video showed Ferguson covering the child’s mouth and nose with her hand for more than three minutes.

A child care worker who smothered a 4-month-old girl to death in September 2019 frequently suffocated the girl and other children at the facility in the months leading up to the death, new court documents show.
Police reviewed surveillance video that showed worker Dejoynay Ferguson smothered children on 28 different days dating back to June 2019, when Ferguson was first tasked with running the infant room, a recently published Delaware Supreme Court opinion shows.

Ferguson was 19 when she killed Isabella Talton at The Little People Child Development Center in Bear, a small town in northern Delaware some 10 miles southwest of Wilmington.
Ferguson pleaded guilty in April 2021 to murder and eight child abuse charges. Because of the plea, many of the details surrounding Talton's death and the abuse of several other children remained unknown to the public.
Ferguson was sentenced to life in prison last summer for Talton's Sept. 5, 2019, death, which her attorneys appealed. New documents filed with the appeal give additional insight into the crimes, as well as her lawyers' push for a lighter sentence.
In their appeal, Ferguson's attorneys argue the judge was close-minded when making his decision and that he failed to consider mitigating evidence, including mental health issues and her age. They also argue the judge sentenced Ferguson with the "sole purpose of retribution."
While Ferguson's sentence was within the guideline ranges for the crimes she pleaded to, prosecutors had asked for 65 years in prison. Defendants who are sentenced to life in prison in Delaware are not eligible for parole.

Earlier this month, the state's highest court affirmed the sentence, saying it "cannot conclude" that the judge "sentenced her with a closed, vindictive, or biased mind."
During a pre-sentencing investigation following Ferguson's guilty plea, she told a forensic psychologist that she changed the way she suffocated babies over time because "it was more efficient," the court documents say. She also said smothering the children was a "kind of 'release' for her and that once their bodies calmed down, she also experienced a sense of calm."
Ultimately, Ferguson did express remorse to the psychologist, saying that she still somewhat sees herself "as a monster" and feels "like a piece of crap." She also cited a history of family trauma, including a "tense and unstable relationship" between her parents that occasionally turned violent, and mental health issues.
I would read the complete article at link.

Back