• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

lalalandmamma

Retired Master Sgt. Rodney Buentello, 42, was at Bandera City Park Wednesday with his wife and two children when he saw the two teens trapped in a strong undertow in a dam.

The perilous situation started when the girl tried to walk across the dam, but was swept away by the strong undertow. A male teen then jumped in to help, but also got caught in the rushing water.

Buentello was able to get both teens out, but first responders could not get to the scene in time to rescue him and he drowned.

The first teen will be charged for walking across the dam, police said.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2016/06/10/marine-2-purple-hearts-drowns-after-rescuing-2-teens-dam

Last edited:
And he got the teens out alive.
A true hero.
I hope these two make it up to society by making something with their lives.
They owe ut to honor him and his now fatherless children.

A noble hero.
These are in too short a supply to lose one.

The kids he saved better make something positive of themselves now.

Well done, you bloody pork chop.

Here's a dam. And its flooded and overflowing. I'm going to just mosey across because I don't have 3 working brain cells to rub together.

Your friend nearly died. An innocent man who fought for his country did die, saving your ass. Leaving his family to mourn him and cope without him.

Let this be a valuable bloody lesson. No, you're NOT invincible. And yes, every action you choose, always has a consequence. You have a lot weighing on your conscience now.

Make something damn impressive of yourself and your life, girl. Make his utterly pointless death mean something. You owe him that. And his wife, his kids and his entire family.

He was a Purple Heart recipient.

Which means he stood out among the thousands and thousands of soldiers in combat, likely risked his life to save another in combat. A true hero, on foreign soil, as well as our own.

Glad the two idiot teens survived. But this kind of glad :penguin:.

MSgt Buentello.
Salute. And :hattip:

Many families owe you their deepest gratitude. Honestly, I hope the guilt eats away at these two. They dedicate their lives to helping others. But not for this brave man, you would've been swallowing gallons of water as it rushed into your nose and mouth while u gasped and cried for air.

Instead, he went through that horror. To save complete strangers.

A hero. Time. And time again.

Last edited:
Sometimes you need to stop and consider who's live is more important. We have one dumbass teen who got herself into the mess she's in, another teen who tried to help. And then we have an American hero with a wife and two young children.

Pretty clear who's live had more meaning, significance, and value. Dude shoulda let those kids drown. Wouldn't have been as big of a loss.

Back