• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Charles Thomas Stacks would hit and kick 2-year-old Jaxson Sonny Swain if the boy did not do what Stacks wanted, Jaxson’s older sister testified Thursday in Forsyth Superior Court.

Izzabella Swain, now 11, recalled one time when they were walking down a hallway in the house where Charles Stacks and his wife, Megin Stacks, lived with their four children. Jaxson wasn’t walking fast enough.

She said Charles Stacks kicked the little boy in the back.

“He abused Jaxson,” she said. As she testified, she occasionally wiped tears from her eyes. She turned her body to the side in the witness stand so she could directly face the jury and would turn her head sometimes to look at Assistant District Attorney Jennifer Martin, who asked her questions. Not once did she look at Charles Stacks.

Forsyth County prosecutors allege that Charles Thomas Stacks tortured and assaulted Jaxson on the night of Aug. 16, 2015, leaving the 2-year-old boy with traumatic brain injuries that ultimately led to his death three days later at Brenner Children’s Hospital.

Charles Stacks is on trial in Forsyth Superior Court for first-degree murder and felony child abuse, inflicting serious bodily injury in Jaxson’s death. He is also charged with felony possession of heroin.

Paramedics and Winston-Salem police officers found Jaxson unconscious and lying in a bathtub of cold water on Aug. 16, 2015. He had bruises all over his body and he also had what police and prosecutors allege are human bite marks. Jaxson also had bleeding on his brain and severe brain swelling. His injuries required emergency surgery so that doctors could remove part of his skull in an effort to relieve the swelling.

An autopsy said that Jaxson died from bleeding on the brain caused by blunt-force injury.

According to testimony and opening statements, Candace Swain, Jaxson’s mother, moved into the Stackses’ house where she stayed on and off with Izzabella and Jaxson. She also was a heroin addict who worked as a prostitute to maintain her drug habit. Prosecutors have alleged that Charles Stacks was her drug dealer and her pimp.

Izzabella said Charles Stacks would also hit her brother with his hands and his feet. Martin asked what she meant when she said Charles Stacks hit her brother with his feet. “He was kicking him,” she said.

Fuck Stacks. AND the egg donor. But somebody save that little girl.
Agreed. I think someone already saved that little girl. She was braver than many adults at that hearing. I bet you anything that fucking pathetic excuse for a human thinks he’s going to get off. He could have pleaded out, but instead risked going to trial. Bet he thought no one would be brave enough to testify against him. He was wrong. I have no doubt that little girl has been saved.

Charles Thomas Stacks has been found in guilty of first-degree murder and felony child abuse in the death of 2-year-old Jaxson Sonny Swain.

The jury will now decide whether he gets the death penalty or life in prison without the possibility of parole.

Prosecutor Martin said Stacks started small, whipping the child when Jaxson failed to abide by his rules, including calling Stacks “sir.” She said he was upset that Jaxson was not potty-trained and put a rubber-band around the boy’s penis to keep him from urinating on himself. That resulted in redness on Jaxson’s penis, according to Martin.

Jaxson also had what Martin alleged were cigarette burns on his back.

Megin Stacks is facing charges of her own in this case. She has been indicted for accessory after the fact to felony child abuse. Prosecutors allege she put a diaper on Jaxson, cleaned the crime scene and told her four children not to cooperate with the investigation into Jaxson’s abuse.

On Monday, two contrasting views of Charles Thomas Stacks, a Winston-Salem man convicted last week of murdering a 2-year-old boy, emerged in Forsyth Superior Court.

Defense attorneys presented Stacks as a man who tried to be a good father to his children and who came to the aid of his sister when she fell into a swamp as a child.

But Forsyth County prosecutors described Stacks as a man who not only brutally murdered 2-year-old Jaxson Sonny Swain in August 2015 but also lived a life in which he abandoned two of his biological children, never held down a job and killed unwanted kittens with an axe while he was at a camp for troubled youth. They also said Stacks was convicted on a charge that he hit a man in Virginia Beach with a car.

A Forsyth County jury will have to sift through those two versions to determine if Charles Thomas Stacks, 33, deserves to be executed or to spend the rest of his life in prison.

Just before he was sent to prison for the rest of his life, Charles Thomas Stacks told a judge that he was innocent of beating 2-year-old Jaxson Sonny Swain to death three years ago.

He told Judge Stuart Albright that he disagreed with some of the legal strategy of his attorneys, Nils Gerber and Stephen Ball, and accused Assistant District Attorney Jennifer Martin, one of four prosecutors who tried the case, of misconduct in putting a certain witness on the stand. He also insisted that all the evidence in the case was not presented to the jury.

"I don't believe you," Albright replied when Stacks insisted he didn't murder Jaxson. As Stacks continued to talk, Albright said, "Don't get sassy with me."

The day before during closing arguments, Albright found that Stacks had mouthed "F*** you" twice to Martin and Assistant District Attorney James Dornfried. Stacks attempted to apologize for those comments Thursday and told Albright he was not trying to be sassy.

"You're just mean," Albright said. "You refuse to accept responsibility. I'm making that finding."

And with that, Albright officially sentenced Stacks to spend the rest of his natural life behind prison walls. Stacks was taken immediately to Central Prison in Raleigh for processing.

Good for the judge. How they keep their cool with assholes like this is beyond me.

Back