• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sudonim

Trusted Member
No ID on who it might be yet.

The decapitated body and severed head of a teenage boy have been found near the banks of a Massachusetts river.

Ariel footage showed two teams of detectives working in separate spots on Merrimack River banks in the town of Lawrence where the body parts were found.

While details surrounding the discovery are scarce, sources told necn the victim's body was that of a young, teenage male.

[..]

Lawrence Police detectives made the grim discovery at around 2.45pm after being called to McAbe Court on Wednesday.

Relatives of missing 13-year-old Lee Manuel Paulino were seen gathering at the scene.

There has been no indication Lee's body is the one found on Wednesday.

[..]

A statement issued by Lawrence Police Department said its detectives were working to establish the victim's identity.

'Upon arrival, units discovered a body. The Lawrence Police Department and Massachusetts State Police Detectives are working to identify the body and cause of death.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...head-separately-near-Massachusetts-river.html

Bizarre. Cops say it's an isolated incident and there's no reason for public to be worried. They have a suspect already?

ID and a suspect...

LAWRENCE, Mass. (AP) — A 16-year-old has been arrested and charged with murder in connection with the death of his 16-year-old classmate whose headless body was found near the Merrimack River in Lawrence, Massachusetts.

Essex District Attorney Jonathan Blodgett said Mathew Borges was arrested Saturday morning.

The decapitated body of 16-year-old Lee Manuel Viloria-Paulino was discovered by the riverbank Thursday by a woman walking her dog. Police recovered the head a short distance away. The boy had been missing for about two weeks, last seen at his grandmother’s home in Lawrence on Nov. 18.

The two boys attended Lawrence High School. Blodgett says Borges will be arraigned Monday on a charge of first-degree murder. He’ll be charged as an adult.

http://wfla.com/2016/12/03/teenager-arrested-charged-in-classmates-decapitation/

The definitely need to charge this kid as an adult and lock him up for good. Not many adults could stomach committing an act of decapitation, never mind a child ...

My 17yo daughter knows the victim in this case.

Lawrence is 1 town over from us & she ended up FB friends with Lee through other friends she has from Lawrence High. Lawrence itself has a pretty rough reputation for crime & violence, but according to my daughter, this kid wasn't into anything like that.

She had mentioned a while ago that a kid was missing & that a girl she works with who was close friends with Lee had told her the police weren't helping & instead it was the friends & family members who were out there searching for him. I really hadn't thought any more about it until this!

When the news broke of the decapitated body being found, neither the family nor his friends believed it would be him. He was just a good, sweet kid. My daughter says her co-worker said Lee's mother had been trying to move him out of Lawrence before all of this happened.

Supposedly the suspect in this was a little punk who may have been jealous of Lee. Who knows, but any 15yo who could brutally murder & dismember his own friend is def pure evil.

The murder itself sounds like something out of a horror movie. You just don't imagine such horrible things are happening so close to home- it's def been unnerving!

My daughter just texted me that the news today around school coming from Lee's friends is that Lee was killed bc his father owed drug money, also that the 15yo did not act alone.

Don't know if it's credible or not, but seems plausible

such a sad story, sad hearing the news n family report how little the cops were doing when he was missing... Thanks for the inside updates @Momzilla and hugs to your daughter.... I cant stand Lawrence, and I used to hang out in Lowell for years, but just driving through Lawrence I lock my doors

My daughter just texted me that the news today around school coming from Lee's friends is that Lee was killed bc his father owed drug money, also that the 15yo did not act alone.

Don't know if it's credible or not, but seems plausible

That's terrible. Would potentially shed some light on the police being less than helpful when the son first went missing though.

Assuming of course, that the father was known to be caught up in that lifestyle and foolishness.

I knew it had to do with drugs. Lawrence has the best and cheapest in that part of the state. They tend to supply most of Merrimack Valley at a bulk level.

I'm surprised they say a woman found the body because a, um, local salesman claims he found it along the river and had pictures. He meets up very close to the corpse location too. Maybe it was a different decapitated body?

:shrug:

Now the city officials are calling for the police chief to step down after the dept failed to act when Lee first went missing.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/wcvb.r...n-after-teens-beheading/8475409?client=safari

The gang that is supposedly behind this murder has a few members who attend my daughter's school & so she's hearing a different version of the murder than what's been reported so far:

The latest talk is that this Borges kid lured Lee to the spot & it was other gang members who carried out the murder. 15yo Burges agreed to take the fall, figuring his age would mean lenience. But now that he's being charged as an adult the gang is afraid he might start to snitch so there's a price on his head now too (no pun intended!)

Now the city officials are calling for the police chief to step down after the dept failed to act when Lee first went missing.

Seems accurate, doesn't sound like they did jack shit besides put up a Facebook post:

Based on a reported sighting of Viloria-Paulino after his disappearance that turned out to be false, police did at first treat it as a runaway case, Lawrence Chief James Fitzpatrick said after the arraignment. But he said his department made the case a priority from the start.

The department posted a picture of Viloria-Paulino on its Facebook page two days after he was reported missing along with the phone number of the detective investigating the disappearance.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/lee-man...fessed-he-stabbed-a-kid-and-cut-his-head-off/

People with money / white people sure are treated a hell of a lot differently when it comes to missing person reports. I'm sure it didn't help that it sounds like either he or his family were involved, in one way or another, in something criminal.

Granted, police intervention wouldn't have saved his life since security cameras show him being lured on November 18th and he was reported missing the same day, but they likely could have found the corpse faster with dogs and / or a search party.

Very true @spiff- I read that one of the cops was quoted as saying unless the missing person is a small child, it will largely go uninvestigated- I think he said the report just goes into the bin.

Sadly, Lee's mother pointed out that the missing persons flier for her son that was up at the police station was taken down when she went back to check on the investigation the next week--- though the missing dog flier she had seen there the week before was still up.

I think that pretty much sums up the value Lawrence PD put on this bright young mans life. Pathetic

Last edited:
http://www.necn.com/news/new-englan...of-Classmate-Found-Decapitated-416053343.html
[....]
The body of 16-year-old Lee Viloria-Paulino was discovered in Lawrence on Dec. 1. Less than a week later, Mathew Borges, then 15, was arrested.

Borges, now 16, was indicted Monday on first degree murder charges by an Essex County grand jury.
[....]
If Borges is convicted, he would face a life sentence. But because he was a minor at the time of the killing, he would have the possibility of parole after 20 to 30 years.
[....]
serveimage

his Borges kid lured Lee to the spot & it was other gang members who carried out the murder. 15yo Burges agreed to take the fall, figuring his age would mean lenience. But now that he's being charged as an adult the gang is afraid he might start to snitch so there's a price on his head now too (no pun intended!)
that makes all the sense in the world and the court pc of the little freak makes you think he has an animal on his head
http://heavy.com/news/2016/12/mathe...etts-lawrence-teenager-juvenile-murder-crime/
mathew-borges1.jpg

moron without the poodle do
CyyO3cZUkAEq1j5.jpg

the victim

Last edited:
The trial of a Massachusetts teenager charged with killing and beheading a high school classmate is getting underway.

Jury selection in Mathew Borges' trial is scheduled to start Monday, with opening statements expected Wednesday.

Borges is charged with first-degree murder in the November 2016 death of 16-year-old Lee Manuel Viloria-Paulino.

The now-17-year-old Borges was 15 at the time, but is being tried as an adult.

Lee Manuel Viloria-Paulino and his killer

Back