• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

staysblazed_xo

♥ ⁴²⁰ queen ♥
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crim...d-could-be-torture-case-police-say/ar-BBNeMCL

Victoria Toth, of Orlando, was arrested after police said her 2-year-old son, Jayce Martin, was found unresponsive in his bedroom on July 18, Orlando police said.

The boy was found dead at a home on Bethune Drive, just west of South John Young Parkway just before 7 a.m.

The child's death was ruled a homicide. Toth is charged with aggravated manslaughter of a child.

A medical examiner determined Jayce died of blunt force trauma to his abdomen and developed peritonitis, which is caused by a leak or hole in the intestines.

The examiner said the force to his abdomen caused his gastrointestinal tract to perforate, causing the infection that led to his death.

Detectives said doctors found the injury that led to Jayce's death was like a "sucker punch" so severe "it had to have been caused by someone with a large enough size to generate such force.”

According to the examiner, his injuries happened within three days of his death, and he could have fully recovered if he had been brought to a medical professional.

A physician told authorities he believed caregivers would have known Jayce was not well given his injuries, and was the victim of abuse.

According to Toth's arrest affidavit, the physician said "Jayce suffered unnecessarily and that this could be considered a 'torture' case due to the child being severely neglected."

The day Jayce died, neighbors said they woke up to find their street a crime scene.

WESH 2 News saw family members arrive at the home, including one man who was clearly distraught. A woman nearby had been talking to police officers.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/breaking-news/os-orlando-toddler-torture-20180912-story.html#

Police and firefighters responded to Toth’s Bethune Drive home and found the boy lying on his back, covered with a towel. Jayce appeared to be malnourished, with bruises throughout his face and body. He was surrounded by bile and vomit, according to court documents.​
Inside Jayce’s room, more bile was found, along with a folded towel with a circular imprint and a cannabis leaf, according to police. A cannabis plant was found in a nearby room with a circular pot and tray matching the imprint, indicating the plant was being kept in Jayce’s room, authorities said.​
Authorities also found a broken toilet seat in a bathroom and several fist-sized holes in the wall of a bedroom, suggesting that there may have been a recent fight in the house, according to court documents.​
Toth told authorities she left Jayce in the care of her boyfriend, Jonathan Pursglove, while she was at work. Toth came home on July 15 and noticed her son was lethargic and didn’t want to play.​
She said this behavior wasn’t typical for Jayce — an intrepid boy who enjoyed picking flowers, riding scooters and going on adventures with his dog and “partner in crime,” Prince.​
She returned from work July 16 and 17 and noticed Jayce’s condition appeared to be worsening, according to police. Family members told Toth to take her son to the hospital, but she refused, according to police. Toth also did not take the boy to a previously scheduled check-up with his pediatrician.​
“When asked why she failed to seek medical treatment for her severely sick child, Toth advised us she did not want medical personnel to judge her for bringing her son into the emergency room,” an Orlando police detective wrote in a report.​
Toth told detectives Jayce was clumsy and a “brat” who was disciplined daily. She said one bruise may have come from a playground injury, while another may have been from her shutting a door on Jayce’s head, police said. She told authorities the damage in the bedroom and bathroom was caused by Pursglove after he had gotten angry.​
A friend of Toth told police that during a conversation, Toth said Pursglove was often harsh in disciplining Jayce. When Toth tried stepping in, Pursglove would turn violent toward her.​
That friend later received threatening phone calls from Toth and Pursglove. During one call, Pursglove told the friend “that he already had one son, and did not need another,” according to a police report.​
Another person who knew the couple told police Pursglove “takes his anger ‘out on the world,’” according to court documents.​
(...)​
Police wouldn’t say whether Pursglove is facing any charges. He could not be reached for comment. Pursglove’s mother, the owner of the home where the incident occurred, hung up when reached on the phone.​

Looks like the boyfriend will be joining her in jail soon.

A second arrest has been made in the death of a two-year-old boy who Orlando police say was 'tortured' and 'beaten to death with a toilet seat'.

Johnathan Pursglove, 25, is facing charges of aggravated manslaughter of a child in the July death of Jayce Martin, authorities announced Friday.

Pursglove is said to be the live-in boyfriend of the toddler's mother Victoria Toth, who was arrested for the boy's death last week.

Jacye died from from blunt force trauma to the abdomen described as a 'sucker punch' which caused his insides to 'explode', local news outlet WFTV reported at the time of Toth's arrest.

Medical examiners determined that the two-year-old was malnourished and bruised when he was found unresponsive on the floor of his bedroom in the Washington Shores neighborhood of Orlando.

An arrest affidavit for Toth indicates her son was likely tortured to death, and that Jayce could have been saved if he'd been seen by a doctor.

Toth told police she and Pursglove have been seeing each other since February or March, and that she trusted him to take care of Jayce while she was at work at the Rainforest Cafe, according to the affidavit.

The 24-year-old, who investigators said often referred to her son as 'brat', claimed that Jayce regularly misbehaved and was disciplined daily, usually by Pursglove.

Toth allegedly told police Jayce complained he wasn't feeling well on July 15, and by the next day he was lethargic and started vomiting.

She said the boy's biological father, Robert Martin, told her to seek medical attention for the toddler, but she didn't.

Jayce had been seriously ill for three days when Toth says she came home July 18 and found him lying face down in a pool of vomit at around 6.30am - prompting her to call 911.

Pursglove was performing CPR on the toddler when emergency crews arrived at the home in Washington Shores and pronounced him dead.

Investigators have said they believe Toth watched for days as her child slipped into a coma because she was 'scared of getting in trouble'.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-year-old-son-death-toilet-seat-arrested.html
502A38DE00000578-6167775-image-a-52_1536924936847.jpg

The mother of a 2-year-old boy who was dying in front of her told police she never took him to the hospital because she figured giving him some water would help.

Jayce Martin was beaten to death in July 2018. Police called it a case of torture.

Channel 9 has obtained a transcript of detectives' interview with Victoria Toth.

"We were Googling (Jayce's symptoms), all his symptoms," she told police. "It was dehydration, and that's what we thought."

Police said Toth made Jayce drink water before he went to bed.

He had been sucker-punched hard enough to drive his spine through his intestines, according to the medical examiner.

Detectives said they believe Toth didn't take Jayce to a hospital because she knew she and her abusive boyfriend would go to jail.
https://www.wftv.com/news/local/rec...9w8_BlBdKi_JWkjn9HGaIGHy5LqP5TAkDZZg7htKKxkWg

A mother and her boyfriend, both charged in a young child's death, spent hours sharing their love for each other and making plans for the future.

WESH 2 News went through five hours of jailhouse conversations and has the new details from the call.

"You know things about me that literally nobody else knows," Victoria Toth said.

One of the suspects is out on bond and the other is being held with no bond, but Toth and Jonathan Pursglove are making plans for their future together.

Both are charged with manslaughter of a child in the death of Toth's 2-year-old son, Jayce.

"I love you and I miss you, and I can't wait for you to get out so I can marry you," Toth said to Pursglove.

"I love you, too," Pursglove said.

"You're the best thing that's ever happened to me, besides Jayce," Toth said.

"Really?" replied Pursglove.

"Yeah," Toth said.

There are nearly five hours of phone calls between the two. Most of the conversation is about their plans when "all this" is over.

Jayce was mentioned a few times. Toth talked about connecting with him through a medium and told Pursglove about the experience.

"This isn't any easier for me," Toth said. "I have to hear...I talk to Jayce, and he tells me that this is something that we're supposed to go through."

"That's not fair to me, that doesn't make sense to me," Pursglove said.

"It gives me hope. It doesn't make any sense to me either, but hearing Jayce tell me that we're gonna to get through it, gives me something to hold onto. Because before that medium, I was not okay. And I know you weren't, either," Toth said.
[https://www.wesh.com/article/accused-killers-talk-in-newly-released-jailhouse-conversations/26993952

Last edited:
October 2, 2019
For the second time this year, a judge has denied bond for a man accused in the death of his girlfriend's 2-year-old son.

During a bond hearing Circuit Court Judge Gail Adams told Johnathan Pursglove that he will remain in jail until his case goes to trial.
Pursglove and Victoria Toth were charged with aggravated manslaughter in Orange County after Toth's son, Jayce Martin, was found unresponsive on his bedroom floor in July 2018.

At Wednesday's hearing, Pursglove's attorney said her client understands the seriousness of the charges and regrets previous actions that initially led to his bond being revoked.
Pursglove posted bond shortly after his arrest in September 2018, but he was arrested weeks later when officers said marijuana was found in his car during a traffic stop.

A bond hearing was held in January, but the motion was denied after the judge learned he violated a no-contact order with Toth.

The defense told the judge that Pursglove wouldn't make the mistake again, but the judge ruled that he should remain in jail.

August 13th, 2019
Victoria Toth, an Orlando mother accused of failing to care for her beaten 2-year-old boy Jayce Martin in July 2018, did not respond kindly to reporters at her trial on Tuesday morning. She flipped the bird to a courtroom camera manned by WFTV-TV.
According to reports, Toth’s son was hit so violently that his spine was driven through his intestines. Toth said she never took the boy to the hospital because she was afraid her boyfriend, Johnathan Pursglove, would get in trouble. She also reportedly said she Googled the boy’s symptoms, gave him water, and sent him to bed. Both Pursglove and Toth have been charged with aggravated manslaughter. They will be tried together in mid-October. The case is being described as a torture death.
1579559093054.png

An Orlando woman accused of abusing her toddler to death in 2018 pleaded guilty to aggravated child neglect Wednesday.

Victoria Toth, 26, originally faced charges of aggravated manslaughter in the brutal, deadly beating of her son, 2-year-old Jayce Martin. Toth’s boyfriend, Johnathan Pursglove, 27, faced similar charges. Court records show he has a plea hearing in March.

Toth’s attorneys offered a plea deal Wednesday during an Orange County Courthouse hearing. Prosecutors accepted the deal with sentencing scheduled for a later time.

Toth now faces a second-degree felony charge, which is punishable by up to 15 years in prison.

A 28-year-old man on Tuesday pleaded guilty to aggravated manslaughter of a child in the 2018 death of his girlfriend’s 2-year-old son that investigators described as torture.

Johnathan Pursglove will face a prison sentence of eight to 12 years at a hearing next month, according to the plea agreement. The boy, Jayce Martin, died of blunt force trauma on July 18, 2018, at their Bethune Drive home in Orlando. Jayce’s mother and Pursglove’s girlfriend, Victoria Toth, pleaded guilty earlier this year to aggravated child abuse and has yet to be sentenced.

Medical examiners determined the blow to Jayce’s abdomen caused his intestines to burst and led to a deadly infection.

Assistant State Attorney Frank George said at Tuesday’s hearing that charges were not more severe because police and prosecutors were unable to determine who delivered the fatal blow, although it was Pursglove who was taking care of Jayce three days before his death when the incident is believed to have happened. Toth was at work and told Orlando police detectives that after she returned, Jayce was lethargic, throwing up and seemed dehydrated.
Toth never called for help despite her son’s worsening condition and pleas from family members to take him to the hospital. She later told investigators she didn’t get help because she was afraid of being judged.

Instead, Toth only called 911 after Jayce was found unconscious on the bathroom floor, court records show. Had they gotten him help, Jayce likely would have survived, investigators said.

Police and paramedics found Jayce on his back his own vomit and pronounced him dead. He had bruises throughout his face and body, records said.

At times wiping away tears, Johnathan Pursglove acknowledged in court Monday that he played a role in the death of his girlfriend’s 2-year-old son by failing to get the toddler to the hospital in a timely manner.

But Pursglove denied causing severe injuries to the toddler in July 2018 that ultimately led to the child’s death.

“I did not cause that injury, and I have no knowledge or suspicion that his mother caused that injury,” Pursglove told the judge during his sentence hearing.

If he had been convicted during a jury trial, Pursglove could have faced up to 30 years in prison. Instead, as part of a plea agreement with prosecutors, Pursglove could be sentenced to 12 years in prison after pleading guilty to aggravated manslaughter in April. His attorney is requesting he be placed on probation instead of being given prison time.

In another plea deal, Toth pleaded guilty to aggravated child neglect, a second-degree felony that carries a maximum 15-year prison sentence.

Toth will also request probation when she is sentenced on Sept. 2.

On the day paramedics responded to the Orlando apartment in 2018, 2-year-old Jayce was covered in bruises and medical examiners believe he was possibly tortured before his death, according to the arrest affidavit.

Medical examiner Dr. Marie Hansen wrote that Jayce died after blunt force trauma to his stomach created a hole in his intestines, which caused an infection known as peritonitis. Hansen said Jayce’s case was very severe and the injury could have been caused by a “sucker punch.”

The medical examiner also noted that had Toth sought medical care for her son, he could have made a full recovery. Pursglove acknowledged in court Monday that he should have taken his girlfriend’s son to the hospital.

“I know that my negligence and ignorance contributed to Jayce’s death,” Pursglove said.

Toth previously testified that her former boyfriend was also responsible for injuring her son.

“I don’t believe you meant to kill him. But I believe you meant to hurt him,” Toth said during Pursglove’s sentence hearing.

The hearing will resume Wednesday.

For years, Victoria Toth said she did not believe her former boyfriend Johnathan Pursglove had any role in the 2018 death of her 2-year-old son, Jayce Martin, and stood behind him while he was in jail.

That changed earlier this year after she saw a video of Pursglove’s son saying his father had hit Jayce, she said. During a sentencing hearing at the Orange County Courthouse Wednesday, she testified Pursglove had hit and kicked her multiple times, broken her phone and refused to let her take Jayce to the hospital despite the boy throwing up and complaining his stomach hurt.

“He told me not to go because Jayce had bruises on his forehead,” she said, explaining Pursglove worried child protective services would become involved if she took Jayce for treatment. “... He was hitting me and he would not let me go.”

A judge sentenced Pursglove Wednesday to 12 years in prison with credit for time served. The 28-year-old pleaded guilty in April to aggravated manslaughter of a child in the death of Jayce, who died after blunt force trauma caused his intestines to burst, leading to a deadly infection that investigators described as “torture.”

Circuit Judge Mark S. Blechman told Pursglove that Jayce would be alive if he had called 911 or taken him to the hospital.

“You did none of that, and this child is dead as a result,” the judge said. “... Once you get out of prison, you’re going to be a convicted felon [and] you’re going to have to start your life all over again. But I want to remind you — you have a life to start all over again. Jayce does not.”

Last week, Toth gave a victim impact statement, in which she told Pursglove she still didn’t understand how his anger at her led him to abuse the toddler.

“I will never understand how you could have been so mad at me or what I possibly could have done to make you so mad and take it out on Jayce,” she said. “I don’t believe you meant to kill him, but I believe you meant to hurt him. ... Jayce was the happiest kid I’ve ever met in my entire life.”

An Orange County judge said an Orlando mom who failed to get her sick, seriously injured son medical help was just as responsible for his 2018 death as the person who hit him with such force that the toddler’s intestines burst, eventually killing him.

“When Jayce needed your protection, you weren’t there for him,” Orange Circuit Judge Mark S. Blechman told Victoria Toth at a hearing Thursday. “… All you had to do was make a phone call.”
Toth, 27, was sentenced to six years in prison after pleading guilty to aggravated child neglect in the death of her son, 2-year-old Jayce Martin. Police described his death as “torture,” after medical examiners determined a “sucker punch” led to a deadly internal injection that went untreated for days. Toth eventually called 911 when she found Jayce unresponsive July 18, 2018, when first responders found the malnourished toddler covered in bruises and surrounded by vomit and bile.

Toth’s then-boyfriend, 28-year-old Johnathan Pursglove, was sentenced to 12 years in prison in Jayce’s death, after pleading guilty to aggravated manslaughter of a child. Toth testified that she believed he had hit Jayce, and also physically abused her and refused to let her take her son to get medical care, despite the boy throwing up and having multiple physical injuries.
But Blechman said he found Toth “disingenuous,” questioning why she took so long to disclose Pursglove’s abuse and the credibility of her testimony and others that she was a loving and dedicated mother.

“None of that’s true, there’s a lot you didn’t do for him,” Blechman said. “… Jayce is not here because of you. You are just as responsible as Mr. Pursglove.”
Her friends and family testified that she changed after she began dating Pursglove, becoming harder to reach and more reclusive, which they later found out was because of his abuse and manipulation.

“She’s been punished enough, between the beatings from him, and the death of her son,” Candy Toth, Victoria Toth’s mother, pleaded through tears to the judge. “I just don’t know how much more our family can take.”

But Beth Carlock, the paternal great aunt of Jayce, testified on behalf of their family, asking for the maximum sentence, which was 15 years.

“Our family is sentenced to a life without Jayce,” Carlock said. “No mother should have withheld medical care from her child. … Jayce is resting in a grave because of those decisions.”
Victoria Toth said her relationship with Pursglove started out good, but after about a month he started hitting her. She said she stayed quiet because she thought Jayce was happy, becoming close with Pursglove’s family and his son, and because she was embarrassed and scared of what could happen.

He would grab my hair and toss me around,” Toth said. She said there was much physical abuse ― hits to her stomach that would knock the air out of her or to her head that drew blood ― but also emotional abuse, monitoring her every move and removing her world beyond him.

“I wasn’t allowed to take showers unsupervised,” Toth said. “He had complete control over me.”

She said because she never saw Pursglove hit her son, she didn’t realize what he’d endured. Prosecutors were unable to determine who delivered the fatal blow, though Toth said Pursglove had cared for her son while she was at work. Pursglove has denied hurting the boy, but apologized for being negligent in his care.

“I didn’t know my son’s life was in danger,” she said. “Had I known, we would not be here right now. .. I love my son more than anything in this world.”

Assistant State Attorney Frank George did not recommend a sentence to the judge, but did say he didn’t think prison would help Toth. He noted her cooperation with the prosecution at the end of the case.

“Ms. Toth did eventually come around,” George said. “... I do believe and I’ve always believed from day one, she was a broken person.”
Toth’s attorney, Marc Consalo, said he worried they wouldn’t even make it to Toth’s sentencing, because she attempted to kill herself many times since Jayce’s death, but said she became determined to get justice for him. He said it was impossible for her family to get her needed counseling or other help because of the criminal case against her.

“Give her the chance to become a nurse,...” Consalo pleaded with the judge. “Give her the chance to get the help she needs.”
Toth remained stoic as her sentence was handed down, but her mother broke out in loud wails and her best friend silently cried.

This is the last cunt rag in the world that should be allowed to become a nurse.

I get that some women have difficulty leaving abusers and that some women are legitimately gas-lit into feeling like they are the problem. If that was the case though, and my child died, I would have offed myself rather than face the thought that my child's death was even remotely my fault.

Back