• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Jaded

Staff member
1q1GmkJ.jpg

CLIFTON HEIGHTS, PA — Police have arrested a daycare worker after she was caught on camera pushing a 4-year-old girl down a flight of stairs.

The incident happened Friday afternoon at the Child Care of the Future daycare, just minutes after a new surveillance camera had been installed.

A worker at the daycare was watching the camera’s live-feed when she witnessed 52-year-old Sarah Gable, a co-worker that has been at the center since June, assault the girl.

“Gable was seen struggling with the child prior to pushing her down the steps,” the arrest affidavit states. “After the child fell, Gable was observed grabbing her and continuing on.”

You can watch the video below, and the description above is pretty accurate. It was definitely intentional – as evident by the look on Gable’s face when she momentarily looks up at the camera.

Police were called and Gable, who has been working in the daycare industry for the last 25 years, was immediately fired.

Gable was taken into custody that same day on charges of simple assault, harassment that subjected another to physical contact and endangering the welfare of a child. She has been released from jail on a $25,000 bail.

The girl did not suffer any physical injuries, aside from pain in her knee, and was back at the daycare on Monday.

Read more: http://www.dreamindemon.com/2017/03...shing-young-girl-flight-stairs/#ixzz4ag7nsISw
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution
Follow us: @dreamindemon on Twitter | thedreamindemon on Facebook

This is super local for me, saw it on the news last night. What a fucking bitch. All the comments on FB are about how lucky she is that "wasn't my kid" and "bitch would be dead" haha. Too bad daycare workers don't make shit for money, or I'd be hoping the parents sue.

She fucking launched that baby down the stairs, then she realized the camera was there, if not, I feel she would have kicked her the rest of the way down.

If I worked in daycare for 25 years, I'd probably push a kid downstairs too.
Time to move on to other work. Pushing a broom somewhere.

I will bet a whole lot of money, the words, 'oh shit' came out of her mouth when she remembered the camera was there. That look she gave the camera.

Yep, there ya go you stupid bitch. Suck on that.

I will bet a whole lot of money, the words, 'oh shit' came out of her mouth when she remembered the camera was there. That look she gave the camera.

That furtive, quick look at the camera! It was a combination of "oh FUCK" and trying to look exasperated, like "These darn kids, see how obnoxious they are? Flinging themselves down flights of stairs? Whatareyagonnado?" type look.

August 16, 2017

A former daycare worker who pleaded guilty in June to simple assault and endangering the welfare of a child for pushing a 4-year-old girl down a flight of stairs was sentenced Wednesday to three months of incarceration at the county prison in Concord.

Sarah A. Gable, 53, of the 1900 block of Carter Road in Folcroft, will also serve three months of electronic home monitoring and a concurrent three-year probationary term under the sentence handed down by Delaware County Common Pleas Court President Judge Kevin F. Kelly.

The mother said she feels betrayed, outraged and powerless, and the incident forced her family to scramble for new accommodations for their child while missing work days.

“Sarah Gable, you are an adult and you should know better and do better,” she said. “You smiled in our face every morning as we dropped our child off. My family would like justice and to know why you did it.”

Defense attorney Daniel McGarrigle said Gable’s actions were a “complete aberration” likely brought on by several stressors in her life. He said her husband had recently been diagnosed with cancer and was undergoing treatments. The family was also going through a foreclosure on their home, McGarrigle said.

“Everyone has stressors in their lives, but that is not an excuse to take that out on other people,” said Assistant District Attorney Danielle Gallaher. “It’s hard enough for these parents to leave their child in the care of another person; they shouldn’t have to fear that their child will be physically harmed in that care.”

McGarrigle said his client will not work in childcare again and is currently doing housekeeping at a Motel 6 to provide for her family. He pointed to several letters of support offered by friends and family, including a former employer who also runs a daycare center.

Gable’s sister-in-law also told the judge that the defendant is one of the kindest people she knows and initially dismissed the video footage as “impossible.” Another relative also said it did not seem possible that the person in the video was his cousin.

“There was just no way the person that I know would do something like that on purpose,” he said.

Gable told the judge she has been praying daily for the victim and her family to be able to move beyond the incident without negativity. She also apologized to the victim, daycare center, and her own friends and family for any damage she has caused.

“I just want to make it all better and I don’t know how to make it better,” she said. “So I know how to pray and just pray that (the victim) is okay and that the family is okay, and that they can forgive me and not have their lives destroyed by negative anger and resentment.”

Gable was ordered to continue seeking therapy and attending anger-management classes under the order. She is also not to work or volunteer in any position putting her in the care of children, or have any contact with the victim or her family.

http://www.delcotimes.com/article/DC/20170816/NEWS/170819719

Back