• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
The Onslow County Sheriff’s Office has concluded an investigation into the injury of an infant at a childcare center late last week.

Bethan Pringle, 23, was arrested on June 19 and charged with felony child abuse inflicting serious bodily injury.

According to a press release from the sheriff’s office, an 11-month-old boy at the Childcare Network daycare center in Sneads Ferry was transported to the hospital due to head trauma on June 10.

“The child was injured by being dropped,” said OCSO Col. Chris Thomas, and the sheriff’s office press release stated “The child’s injuries were from head trauma which resulted when the child was intentionally dropped by the suspect.”

Thomas said the matter was brought to the OCSO’s attention after an internal investigation by the Childcare Network.

“They uncovered enough information that they were concerned about it so they contacted law enforcement,” Thomas said.

The Daily News reported the infant was transported to Vidant Medical Center in Greenville and released on Thursday.

According to Thomas, the boy is expected to make a full recovery.

Wow. I don't use daycare because I'm paranoid. Then I read shit like this and realize that I'm actually more cautious than paranoid.

I'd want to fucking kill her. Like actually kill her. Imagine you're paying somebody to drop your kid on their head because they made a noise? Holy fuck. It's bad enough any way, but you're PAYING that hambeast to abuse your kid? Yikes. Woman or not I'd physically hurt her for sure.

Bare minimum would be that scene from There's Something About Mary where Ben Stiller is falsely charged with murdering a hitchhiker but he mistakes the interrogation for being over having merely picked up a hitchhiker instead?

That interrogation is really funny but especially when the cop finally loses it over his callous answers and just starts repeatedly slamming his head off of the table in the interrogation room.

That'd be best case scenario for Mrs. Butterfingers.

In June, a Sneads Ferry daycare was shut down amid allegations an employee intentionally harmed a child in their care. That worker, Beth Pringle, 23, was arrested. Now, a second daycare employee is charged in the incident.

On June 19, the Onslow County Sheriff’s Office responded to the Childcare Network Daycare regarding an 11-month-old male child in their care who was taken to the hospital to be treated for head trauma.

Investigators said they determined Pringle intentionally dropped the baby on its head. Pringle was charged with felony child abuse causing serious injury.

Upon further investigation, detectives said they determined a second employee, 19-year-old McKayla Sausser had assaulted the infant by "repeatedly forcibly pushing the child's head down in a crib."

Sausser was arrested Monday, charged with felony child abuse causing serious injury.

Chief Deputy Colonel Chris Thomas said, "We believe this is the last arrest that will be made. However, in cases like this quite often new information will come to light after charges are broke. So. I don’t anticipate any more, however, I don’t rule it out. It is possible a new witness may come forward.”

Thomas says the child appears to have recovered and currently has no visible injuries, but due to the nature of the trauma, he adds that only time will tell if the baby will suffer any developmental issues caused by the assaults.

Back