• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A Cache County man has been charged with abusing a mentally disabled woman in Logan.

David Earl Sagoe, 34, has been booked on six counts of forcible sexual abuse, a second-degree felony.

“The complaint reported that a person with mental disease or defect, which renders the victim unable to appraise the nature of the act, had been sexually abused,” says a probable cause statement filed in 1st District Court.

“I went to the hospital and met medical providers and the complainant who is a support person for those with disabilities. A sexual assault exam was performed by medical professionals who found physical evidence (bruising) that supported claims made by the victim that she had been sexually abused.”

During an interview, the victim told police, “about indecent liberties that were taken against her on March 10, 2019 and a date previous to that. The suspect David E. Sagoe is a person of trust to this victim.

“I was told by adult victim’s clinical mental health care provider that the mental competency of the victim is approximately 6 years of age.”

“An interview was conducted with David E. Sagoe who said that he was aware that the mental competency of the victim was between 6-13 years of age. David admitted that he had done things that he knew were wrong to the victim and that he was very sorry.”

Sagoe admitted to removing clothing from victim and touching her with his hands and genitals.

Ewww, fucking ewww, but I have a question. Which one is worse, this guy who raped a mental defective or the dude who raped the woman who has been in a coma for 14 years?
The coma dude is worse by comparison only because he screwed the woman and got her pregnant.
In this case it doesn't appear Sagoe had gotten to intercourse yet. I think he was still working his smoove moves when arrested. Another month or two without being caught, and this woman would also have been pregnant.

The coma dude is worse by comparison only because he screwed the woman and got her pregnant.
In this case it doesn't appear Sagoe had gotten to intercourse yet. I think he was still working his smoove moves when arrested. Another month or two without being caught, and this woman would also have been pregnant.
Actually he she wouldn’t have been. I’m very close to the family and know that he was tested at a fertility clinic and the man is shooting blanks

This guy is worse. This woman actually had to experience the abuse and will undoubtedly be traumatized for a long time. The woman in a coma is, say it with me, brain dead. A vegetable. A piece of furniture. She's only alive legally, not alive in the philosophical sense. There was no damage done to her, she's been gone a long time ago.
When my husband became comatose, he was aware of his surroundings.

May 21, 2019
A North Logan man narrowly missed a prison sentence as the perpetrator of a sexual assault against an adult woman with mental disabilities.

David Earl Sagoe, 34, was arrested in March. In April, he pleaded guilty to forcible sexual abuse, a second-degree felony, and attempted forcible sexual abuse, a third-degree felony.

When he appeared in 1st District Court for sentencing he submitted a letter to Judge Kevin Allen taking full responsibility for his actions.

Allen said he was deeply appreciative of Sagoe’s letter in light of statements made by other people closely related to the case who reportedly said they were tired of dealing with her, she was difficult, and she sought out the sexual contact.

“There is never, ever, under any condition whatsoever, (a situation) where someone with a mental disability shares any responsibility with any sexual activity,” Allen said. “People with mental disabilities are hard, they are hard to manage, they are hard to deal with, but they deserve our care no matter how hard it is.”

The victim, an adult female with the mentality of a six-year-old child, was in Sagoe’s care when he touched her inappropriately several times in a two-week period.

Allen said he had every intention of sending the man to prison until it became apparent that Sagoe was “the only one who seems to truly get it.”

Sagoe was sentenced to 210 days in the Cache County Jail, with credit for 69 days served since his arrest.

Last edited:
I hate this statistic but it is unfortunately true:
Chance a woman will be sexually assaulted during their lifetime: about 20% (jumps to 30 during college)
If they have a physical disability: jumps to 40%
If they have a mental disability: jumps to 60%

Back