• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
David Matthew Ayotte said he detests what he did to Spencer, his infant son.

But Clark Harms, a Utah Board of Pardons and Parole member, had a lot of questions for the Brigham City man, who has petitioned for parole, 18 years after he fatally battered the baby.

At a Sept. 18 hearing at the Utah State Prison in Draper — 18 years and three days after Spencer’s death — Harms asked Ayotte how he would avoid relapsing into anger during stressful times when he gets out of prison.

“I hate to tell you that there are a lot of newborns crying everywhere you go, in theaters, grocery stores,” Harms said.

Prosecutors in Brigham City said evidence indicated Spencer was repeatedly abused during his 2 ½ months of life, suffering broken ribs and brain injuries.

Ayotte pleaded guilty, and a 1st District Court judge sentenced him to 5 years to life in prison for the murder.

In 2010, the board set a parole date of April 26, 2022. But in 2017 Ayotte applied for a redetermination and an earlier release date.

“I didn’t understand the gravity of my actions,” Ayotte said, according to an audio recording of the hearing. “I had so much hatred and anger in my heart ... It seems as if I didn’t even care about the pain that I was causing. I was a different person.”

Ayotte said he was abused as a child, and he had started taking a prescription antidepressant a few weeks before Spencer’s death.

“It seems to me that but for the prescription drugs, everything that made you angry and uncaring and past feeling is still part of you,” Harms said. “So what have you done to deal with that so you are not likely to act out again?”

Ayotte said he has matured and has learned how to feel empathy. He has graduated from therapy courses in prison and now teaches them. He said he wants to serve others and focuses on his religious beliefs.

“I have learned to despise my actions,” said Ayotte, who sniffled and sobbed during his testimony. “Spencer was our little boy. He was given no chance. He should be 18 years old. He should be able to have the opportunity to have his life, and I robbed him of it. … I know I crushed Yvette’s life and her family’s life and my family’s life.”

But Harms listed the “many tragedies” of the case, including that Ayotte’s ex-wife, Yvette, was charged with a felony after Box Elder County prosecutors accused her of knowing about the abuse and not doing anything.

“They charged Yvette with a crime because of what you did to your son,” Harms told him. “I don’t know what it’s like to lose a child and then be blamed for it when it’s not your fault.”

Prosecutors dismissed a child abuse neglect charge against Ayotte’s wife in May 2002.

Ayotte said he has learned to communicate and to let go of anger toward the man who abused him during his childhood.

“I don’t blame him for my actions,” Ayotte said. “I want you to know that. I accept accountability for everything I’ve done. It was me. But in order for me to be the man I want to be I need to get past the things that have bound me down and look forward.”

As of Thursday, Sept. 27, the board had not yet decided on Ayotte’s parole request, board spokesman Greg Johnson said.
https://www.standard.net/police-fir...cle_e5bbe6e7-d125-5dd3-8a27-616ca309950c.html
5bae66c071409.image.jpg

Another piece of shit that got religion, took a few classes and thinks everything should be forgotten. Fuck him.....Leave him there to rot.

1700008258268.jpeg

David Matthew Ayotte, who is serving a prison sentence for killing his 2-month-old son 18 years ago, has been granted an earlier parole date.
Ayotte was scheduled to be paroled in 2022 when he went before the Utah Board of Pardons and Parole in September to ask them to consider an earlier release. This week, board members granted his request, moving up his parole date to Jan. 21, 2020.

"The parole date is contingent on complying with his case action plan and required treatment programs," said board spokesman Greg Johnson.
Once he is released, Ayotte will be required to have no contact with his ex-wife and mother of their deceased child, Yvette Maynard, or her family. He also is not allowed to have any unsupervised contact with children under age 14 without written authorization from Ault Probation and Parole.
In September 2000, Ayotte was 26 when he held his 2-month-old son, Spencer, by the back of the neck and shook him until he went limp because the boy wouldn't stop crying. An autopsy also revealed that Spencer had been subjected to abuse on at least three other occasions during his short life.
The Utah State Medical Examiner's Office discovered Spencer had 15 fractured ribs, a bruise on the inside of his scalp, many tears in his brain tissue and severe bleeding on the surface of his brain.
In its decision, the board said it "recognizes and commends Mr. Ayotte for his rehabilitative life skills and education efforts and achievements."

The board also considered a petition filed by Ayotte and his attorney that outlines information that was never brought up during trial or his original parole hearing in 2010. Those mitigating factors that were never presented included arguments regarding the medication that Ayotte was on at the time of the murder.
According to the petition, "David was taking a changing regimen of medications that may well have contributed to and even partially fomented his criminal conduct," the petition states.

Ayotte had long struggled with weight loss, according to the petition. In 1997, he was prescribed "Phentermine and Prozac for (his) weight issues and depression. David started experiencing side effects of emotional hysteria and ceased taking these drugs after approximately a week," the petition states.

But in 2000, Ayotte again began "taking Phentermine HCL for weight control and Efexor XR for the depression and anxiety. David experienced side effects including intermittent surges of euphoria, rage, extreme depression, suicidality and hallucinatory confusion and believes he was becoming addicted to the Phentermine (an amphetamnie)," according to the petition.

Five days before the child's death, Ayotte called his doctor asking for help. The doctor wasn't available, but a nurse advised him to stop taking Effexor XR and begin taking Celexa, the petition states.
"David experienced even more emotional and mental side effects. Spencer died as a result of David's actions four days later," according to the petition.

"The medication issue arguably mitigates the crime, particularly given how aberrant the crime was for David, who historically has made a lasting impression, primarily for being gentle and kind," the petition continues. "More importantly for the future, David's awareness of the medication issue contributes to a future with a low risk of violence."
Ayotte, now 44, has taken several treatment classes while in prison and uses meditation, exercise and religion to help him deal with his stress and anxiety. He now teaches many of the classes he has completed himself to other inmates.
Fatty should not have been released ever if he cannot be around children under the age of 14.

Back