• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
20aauc6.jpg
Konrad Schafer, Victoria Rios, Juan Sebastian Murie,David Damus​

Boy, 15, man arrested in 2 shooting deaths in Osceola County
Konrad Schafer, David Damus arrested in death of teen, 22-year-old

KISSIMMEE, Fla. -

A 15-year-old boy and a 20-year-old man were arrested in a recent shooting spree in Osceola County that left two people dead, and officials say they did it for "fun."

Kissimmee police said Konrad Schafer, 15, and David Damus, 20, were arrested in connection with 14 shootings, including the deaths of 17-year-old David Guerrero and 22-year-old Eric Roopnarine.

Juan Sebastian Muriel, 20, and Victoria Rios, 17, were also arrested in Roopnarine's death, police said. "He thought it would be fun to shoot Mr Guerrero," said Kissimmee Police Chief Lee Massie, referring to Schafer. "This is the type of individuals we put in jail today."

According to officials, Roopnarine was tricked into thinking he was going to have sex with Rios, but the foursome forced their way into Roopnarine's Poinciana home and tried to rob him, police said. Damus then shot Roopnarine in the face and Schafer cut his throat, police said.

Police said a .45-caliber gun was linked to both deaths.

Guerrero was gunned down in Kissimmee in late June as he walked to a bus stop on his way to work, and a .45-caliber bullet was found at the scene in early July, police said.

Detectives went to gun shops in the area and learned that a .45-caliber Hi-Point carbine had been sold on June 24 to Schafer's father. He stored the gun, but his son took it, according to police. The father has not been charged.

Police said Schafer and Damus were also linked to four other shootings in Kissimmee, three in St. Cloud and six in Osceola County. Most of the shootings resulted in homes or businesses being damaged.
http://www.clickorlando.com/news/bo...132/20903078/-/tgi8m1/-/index.html?hpt=ju_bn4

I'd hate to be the parents of any of these kids right now. This is gonna be hell for them as well as the victims parents. How do you begin to even comprehend something like this. Not even adults and they've already thrown their lives away.

Dad of 15-year-old Osceola County murder suspect charged with negligence
Fla. -
A man accused of buying a high-powered rifle for his 15-year-old son then turning a blind eye to the teenager's deadly shooting spree is now in the Polk County Jail.

Kissimmee Police said Lothar Schafer, 57, was arrested on Tuesday on charges of negligence and allowing unlawful possession of a firearm. Both are third degree felonies.
[////]

"The son was
actually with the father when the father purchased the firearm. The son
actually picked out the type of firearm that he wanted his dad to buy,"
said Kissimmee Police Chief Lee Massie.

Police said that firearm was a .45 caliber Hi Point carbine rifle that was purchased on June 24.

Detectives
said Konrad later admitted he used the gun just two days later to
murder 17-year-old David Guerrero for "fun" as Guerrero walked to work.

For
weeks, Guerrero's family has called for the older Schafer to be
charged. Relatives told Local 6 the arrest gives them some relief.

"Yeah, actually it does, it does make me happy," said Alex Guerrero, David's brother.

[..]

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/da...ce/-/1637132/21544948/-/14tyex3z/-/index.html

Investigators said Lothar even admitted that he knew his son had used the rifle, but never called police.

With his dad now facing charges, police say the 15-year-old is finally showing some remorse.

"We
knew that the father was aware that the gun had been used, so his
concern was that his dad was going to get in trouble for letting him
have access to the gun that was ultimately used in these crimes," said
Chief Massie. "So that has been the only concern or remorse, if you want
to call it that, that we've seen from Konrad."

A
judge has already set Lothar's bond at $1,250. If he bonds out of jail,
he would not be allowed to posses or own any firearms or ammunition
while he awaits trial.
http://www.clickorlando.com/news/da...ce/-/1637132/21544948/-/14tyex3z/-/index.html

Oh no, my 13 year old has shotguns and rifles. I better make sure he doesn't go on a shooting spree.:jawdrop:

Seriously, how do you buy your teen a "high-powered rifle" and not keep track of the damn thing? Just let them go out with it and have a blast. Normally, I would be screaming and hollering about the 2nd Amendment and all but Daddy dearest is clearly a dumbass. Teens cannot purchase guns, adults must do it for them which means, in my way of thinking, that teens are responsible enough to own weapons therefore if my children do I must make sure they are only used under supervision for hunting and target shooting.

I have no problem with guns. I have no problem with kids using guns that their parents have legally purchased for them. What I do have a problem with is kids having access to weapons without proper guidance. He should not have been able to just get this weapon and go on a shooting spree. His Dad should have confiscated that gun and only let his son use it when he was around if he was so gung-ho on letting his Satan spawn have a gun.

My only problem with guns is the fact too many irresponsible people fail to secure them properly. Weapons should be locked away in a real fucking safe when not being used and their is a risk that somebody else may get access to it. If you can afford the $800.00 rifle and $1,200.00 scope then you can afford a $400.00 safe and maybe some trigger locks if you absolutely need to leave firearms lying around your house.

Nearly three years after a 15-year-old and his friends terrorized Osceola County with random shootings that left two innocent bystanders dead, a judge on Friday sentenced the youngest triggerman to two consecutive life terms in prison.

Konrad Schafer, now 18, apologized to the families in court after hearing how the deaths of David Guerrero and Eric Roopnarine, both students, ripped their lives apart. Schafer had previously pleaded guilty to two counts of first-degree murder in the rash of violence that put residents on edge for two weeks as bullets pierced their homes and cars 22 times.

"I know you would never forgive me, and I don't expect you to…if it was me in the same position I wouldn't either," Schafer said in a low voice, an orange jumpsuit dwarfing his thin frame. He sunk his head for the majority of the two-hour hearing.

After hearing Schafer speak, Orange-Osceola State Attorney Jeff Ashton questioned Schafer's sincerity and called him a sociopath. Locking Schafer up for the remainder of life is the only way to ensure the community's safety, Ashton told the judge.

"Someday maybe we will understand better why people like Mr. Schafer exist, but for the safety of this community, until we know the answers, we simply cannot allow Mr. Schafer to walk free among us," Ashton said. "He simply is and will always be that person, that sociopathic person."

Because Schafer was a juvenile at the time of the killings, he is entitled to have his sentence reviewed in 25 years, when it could be shortened.

After the hearing, Ashton said that if Schafer were three years older, he would be facing the death penalty.

"You have the murders of two absolutely innocent people, both of which appear to be quite premeditated and cold," Ashton said. "This would have been a classic death-penalty case had he been older."
In Sarita Roopnarine's eyes, Juan Muriel is just as responsible for her son's murder as the person who pulled the trigger during a 2013 robbery.

"You are a heartless monster, just like your friends, and you deserve the maximum sentence," Sarita Roopnarine wrote in a victim impact statement read by a prosecutor during Muriel's sentencing Friday in Osceola County.

She did not attend the sentencing, telling prosecutors it would be too hard for her to again face one of four people charged in the 2013 death of her son, Eric Roopnarine.

Muriel waited in the car as three of his friends burst into Eric Roopnarine's Poinciana home July 3, 2013, robbed him, and then shot and stabbed him until he died, prosecutors have said. Roopnarine was 22.

Muriel agreed to testify against his three co-defendants in exchange for a reduced sentence. He pleaded no contest to charges of robbery with a firearm and possession of hydrocodone.

Judge Jon B. Morgan sentenced Muriel to 10 years in prison and five years of probation, calling Muriel "instrumental" in helping the state get convictions in Roopnarine's murder.
David Damus, one of four young people accused in the violent 2013 murder of a Poinciana man, was sentenced to life in prison on charges of murder and armed robbery Thursday in Osceola County court.

Damus, 23, did not give any statements during his sentencing about the death of club promoter Eric Roopnarine.

But Damus' family members said they felt that the evidence against David was not strong enough to convict him of murder.

"Justice needs to prevail. The system has failed us," said Damus' sister, Pauljusette Damus. "He's innocent. They had no logical or solid evidence that it was him."

She said her brother was the only black defendant in the case, and said his family believes the other three co-defendants decided to pin the most brutal aspects of the crime on him. The family wants to appeal the case, she said.
Victoria Rios, the former teenager who police say lured a Poinciana man to the door on the night of his eventual 2013 murder, was sentenced to 30 years in prison Friday at the Osceola County Courthouse.

Ninth Circuit Judge Jon B. Morgan rendered the sentence, which includes a lifetime of probation. He said that since Rios did not pull the trigger and kill Eric Roopnarine herself on the night of July 3, 2013, he did not hand down a life sentence as requested by the Orange-Osceola State Attorney’s Office.

For the first time in her nearly five-year court proceedings in the case, Rios took the

“I think about that every day, and I pray that you may have peace,” she said, directed at the victim’s family, present in court.

Defense Attorney Michael Nichola, who sought a sentence of 15 years or less, brought psychologists to the stand on April 6, who noted that Rios’ IQ was on the cusp of intellectual disability and suffered from a clinical level of depression.

“Victoria was found to be at risk for being manipulated by people who are higher functioning,” Forensic Psychologist Dr. Eric Mings said.

Clinical Psychologist Dr. Kimberly McGrath said Rios exhibited a “textbook case of childhood trauma” that made her vulnerable to manipulation and exhibited depression and anxiety.

“Her peers attempted to sexually assault her for money,” McGrath said.

By phone, Laura Marvel, Rios’ aunt, described her as “genuinely a sweet and loving person,” who had a biological mother who exited her life early and a step-mother who was cold and unfeeling toward her.

“I saw her as naïve to the ways of the world,” Marvel said.
1570920455663.png

Back