• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ghosttruck

Level 57 Taco Wizard
1568061737062.png

Police are investigating the death of a man after he was found with gunshot wounds in south-east London.

Officers were called to Sydenham Road in the borough of Lewisham to reports of suspicious activity after 3.40pm on Sunday. Shots were heard soon after and armed police and the London ambulance service were called to the scene.

A man in his 20s died at the scene at 3.50pm despite the efforts of paramedics. Police cars were afterwards seen parked outside a Lloyds Bank branch, which was surrounded by a cordon.

“Police remain at the scene. There have been no arrests at this stage and enquiries in to the circumstances continue,” the Metropolitan police said.

Police in Lewisham said a section 60 authorisation had been made across a number of areas in the borough until 7am on Monday. It allows officers to search anyone in a designated area without suspicion for a defined period if an incident involving serious violence has taken place and “a dangerous instrument or offensive weapon used in the incident is being carried in the locality”.

Residents reacted with surprise to the incident, saying it was a safe area that had been largely unaffected by rising levels of violence elsewhere in London. Several told PA Media that they had heard reports the man accidentally shot himself. Forensic teams could be seen photographing the scene in nearby Venner Road, where the body was still lying three hours later.

A 56-year-old woman living on Venner Road said: “He came to shoot someone else, but he ended up shooting himself.

“The bullet bounced off a car window. You can see on the car window where the bullet bounced off it. After it happened, the boy he came to shoot stood there filming him.”

She said she had been stuck inside the police cordon for three hours since the shooting. “He’s been there for three hours covered by a sheet. No mum, no dad. It’s really sad,” she said.

One man, who did not want to be named, said: “We’ve heard three or four different stories – we’ve heard it was a guy on a moped, someone in a car and then that the [victim] did it to himself.”

A shopkeeper on the high street told PA that he and his colleague had also heard the victim accidentally shot himself.

“A group of guys were sitting in a car by the [Lloyds] bank and a big guy came up to them with a shotgun. They all got out of the car and ran so the guy decided to damage the car with the back of the gun.

“As he was hitting the windows, the gun went off and he shot himself – that’s what we’ve been told.”

Police in Lewisham said a section 60 authorisation had been made across a number of areas in the borough until 7am on Monday. It allows officers to search anyone in a designated area without suspicion for a defined period if an incident involving serious violence has taken place and “a dangerous instrument or offensive weapon used in the incident is being carried in the locality”.

I'm so glad the US doesn't go in for this Gestapo bullsh**.

Of all the stories told in this article, I like this one the best:
The bullet bounced off a car window. You can see on the car window where the bullet bounced off it. After it happened, the boy he came to shoot stood there filming him.”
But I think it went more like this:
As he was hitting the windows, the gun went off and he shot himself – that’s what we’ve been told.”

Will the real story teller please stand up.

Guns sometimes do go off if they are hit hard like that. In the last few years there was a issue with Sig P320s that would cause them to go off if dropped. Way to test for the issue was to chamber a snap cap and hit the back side of the slide with a rubber mallet.

Not yet but we’re well on our way. Feds are already talking about taking people’s firearms based on if you are alleged to be “mentally unfit”. Whatever the hell that means! All it takes is an accusation and LE swarms in to steal your guns.
Post automatically merged:

Seems the current crop of over-the-top pres candidates want just this. Of course they are playing to the more fanatical base this early in the election process..... Good luck making it actually happen.
It’s not limited to one party. They’re all a bunch of tyrants.

Hahaha fuck the UK.

The Patriot Act Violates:

Section 215 of the Patriot Act violates the Constitution in several ways. It: Violates the Fourth Amendment, which says the government cannot conduct a search without obtaining a warrant and showing probable cause to believe that the person has committed or will commit a crime.

I have quite a few hyperlinks in this post, sorry.
The Patriot Act Violates:

Section 215 of the Patriot Act violates the Constitution in several ways. It: Violates the Fourth Amendment, which says the government cannot conduct a search without obtaining a warrant and showing probable cause to believe that the person has committed or will commit a crime.
I'm glad you brought this up. I have a real problem with the Patriot Act, especially after it was strengthened with the NSA bill/USA Freedom Act under Obama, who as senator said he wanted to get rid of it. Though, when he become president he lobbied not just keep, but to extend it indefinitely.
Why the Patriot Act's expansion of records searches is unconstitutional
Section 215 of the Patriot Act violates the Constitution in several ways. It:
  • Violates the Fourth Amendment, which says the government cannot conduct a search without obtaining a warrant and showing probable cause to believe that the person has committed or will commit a crime.
  • Violates the First Amendment's guarantee of free speech by prohibiting the recipients of search orders from telling others about those orders, even where there is no real need for secrecy.
  • Violates the First Amendment by effectively authorizing the FBI to launch investigations of American citizens in part for exercising their freedom of speech.
  • Violates the Fourth Amendment by failing to provide notice - even after the fact - to persons whose privacy has been compromised. Notice is also a key element of due process, which is guaranteed by the Fifth Amendment.
https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/243850-obama-signs-nsa-bill-renewing-patriot-act-powers
Here's is just one of rebuttals from the FBI, read the first line of under "Reality":
Section 215. Access to business records and other items under the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act.
  • Summary: Allows the FISA court, in an investigation to protect against international terrorism or clandestine intelligence activities, to issue an ex parte order requiring the production of any tangible things.
  • Myth: "Many [people] are unaware that their library habits could become the target of government surveillance. In a free society, such monitoring is odious and unnecessary. . . The secrecy that surrounds section 215 leads us to a society where the 'thought police' can target us for what we choose to read or what Websites we visit." [ACLU, July 22, 2003]
  • Reality:
    • The library habits of ordinary Americans are of no interest to those conducting terrorism investigations. However, historically terrorists and spies have used libraries to plan and carry out activities that threaten our national security. We should not allow libraries to become safe havens for terrorist or clandestine activities.
https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/243850-obama-signs-nsa-bill-renewing-patriot-act-powers
That just basically saying, we have the authority to look at ordinary Americans library habits without a warrant, but you can trust us not too.

What fucking bullshit.

I know many people trusted Obama with these extended powers (I didn't and I was right), but the problem is, even if Obama was not a liar and did not allow Americans to be spied on by the NSA, that same power is now in the hand of that buffoon, Trump. Which we have come to found out that he is just as bad over this.

I have quite a few hyperlinks in this post, sorry.

I'm glad you brought this up. I have a real problem with the Patriot Act, especially after it was strengthened with the NSA bill/USA Freedom Act under Obama, who as senator said he wanted to get rid of it. Though, when he become president he lobbied not just keep, but to extend it indefinitely.

Here's is just one of rebuttals from the FBI, read the first line of under "Reality":

That just basically saying, we have the authority to look at ordinary Americans library habits without a warrant, but you can trust us not too.

What fucking bullshit.

I know many people trusted Obama with these extended powers (I didn't and I was right), but the problem is, even if Obama was not a liar and did not allow Americans to be spied on by the NSA, that same power is now in the hand of that buffoon, Trump. Which we have come to found out that he is just as bad over this.
@Craygor I just knew I loved you..

How does a bullet, esp from a shotgun, bounce off a window? Sorry if this is a stupid question but i don't know much about guns and it just sounds impossible to me, unless the window in question was actually part of the bank or something.

How does a bullet, esp from a shotgun, bounce off a window? Sorry if this is a stupid question but i don't know much about guns and it just sounds impossible to me, unless the window in question was actually part of the bank or something.
If it hits the glass squarely, it won't. If it hits the glass at a shallow enough angle, it'll be deflected at the same angle it arrived at, causing a ricochet. With a ricochet, though, once the bullet deflects from the surface and goes howling off into the sky there is no telling where it'll land.

--Al

If it hits the glass squarely, it won't. If it hits the glass at a shallow enough angle, it'll be deflected at the same angle it arrived at, causing a ricochet. With a ricochet, though, once the bullet deflects from the surface and goes howling off into the sky there is no telling where it'll land.

--Al
Thanks! Now i know more than i did this morning!

Back