• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
I remember this case very well. I followed it when it happened and have tried to keep up with new developments whenever they pop up.

I agree that the case was extremely biased against Darlie, but I do not believe for one second that she wasn't part of what happened to her boys.

There are a number of pieces of evidence that do not add up, but there are also strong ties to her that were the grounds for the case against her. I strongly believe that the husband was also involved in this case. I think that it was her part to kill the boys, and his job was to make it look like she was attacked (although it would have been better for him if she died).

The wounds she suffered were mostly superficial, except for the knife wound to her throat (which would have had to have been deeper and a little further down to actually kill her), and the unexplained bruising to her arms. Based on the evidence presented at her trial she "supposedly" inflicted some of her wounds herself. I think the husband was the one to cut her throat, and the bruises were from her fighting him off.

I would like to see him more thoroughly investigated, and his business and personal financial records gone through to see what he had to gain by the deaths of his wife and children.

Don't shoot me on this one, just stating some of what I think :smile:

Here's a transcript of her 911 call,

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...sg=AFQjCNE5MOk-3CpI91JPl_NBfPUDcLQt0g&cad=rja

01:50:21 Darlie Routier ...yes...
01:51:18 911 Operator #1 ...you're going to have to slow down ...calm down ...and talk to me...
01:52:19 Darlie Routier ...I'm talking to my babies ...they're dying...
01:55:03 911 Operator #1 ...what is going on...
01:56:29 Darlie Routier ...somebody came in while I was sleeping ...me and my little boys were sleeping downstairs...

snipped

Almost 2 minutes in the call,,,she's talking to them, they are laying mortally injured on the floor, fat lot of good that was going to do, why didn't she help them or at least be there holding them and comforting them as they spent their last moments on earth?

If it was just 1 or 2 things but there are so many things that are off with Miss Darlie.

When I saw this on 20/20 I was convinced she's guilty. Now I am not so sure.
What it comes down to is reasonable doubt. I have enough doubts but equally suspicious.

All I know for certain is those babies were viciously attacked and died brutally. I've read far less on why people kill their children. I just don't know, I really don't. I hope to god they have the right person as that evil fuck deserves to die a thousand deaths.
Rest in peace little Damon a Devon Routier.

She was bleeding to death, and Darin was already helping the boys. She was probably in shock.

But she wasn't bleeding to death, she stayed on the evasive 911 call for apx. 5 minutes. She took her good natured time on the call explaining why HER prints where on the knife found in the kitchen. She was more worried about that then she was about her injured children. There were 2 boys, Darin could only handle one at a time,,,why wasn't she trying to help the other. One one the reasons - they found one of the boys far away from the couch is because he was trying to crawl away from her, kicking and fighting for his life, when she ponced on him and finished him off. The stabs went all the way through the children and made gash marks in the concrete under the rugs. It was a RAGE killing. What would a stranger have that much rage over 2 little boys?? The EMT said was Darin, who was the man seen outside that night, he went out to get them.

The theory is that they came to fake a robbery on Darin's invitation. So they wouldn't bring any murder weapons. So if the boys woke up and said "hey, aren't you dad's friend Joe. WTF?" and they decided to kill witnesses, they would use a weapon from the kitchen, IE; a knife. They didn't take anything because it was supposed to be a fake robbery.

Darin can up with that little gem of information, long after Darlie had been convicted IIRC. Why didn't he say that immediately. Made up this lie in order to try to save her after the fact, IMO.

Last edited:
Questions her defense team want answered:
Ok lets answer their questions shall we? Since this is what the appeal is based on this seems like a good start

A bloody fingerprint was found on the living room table. Who does it belong to?
This could mean any number of things. It could mean they couldn't match it to one of the knowns even though it could have been.
It could also mean it wasn't readable. It could have been anyone of the forensic team, although they should wear gloves. Cops rarely wear gloves on the first walkthru. She could have planted that print, maybe there was no print at all. I would have to actually see the print to decide.

* There was a bloody fingerprint on the door of the garage. Who does it belong to?
See above
* Darin Routier's jeans had blood on them. Whose blood is it?
I have to think they discovered that, This plea for an appeal seems to be rehashing the wheel. Plus he obviously was trying to revive the kids. So moot point?
* A pubic hair was found in the Routier living room. Who does it belong to?
I hate to say it, but there are pubes all over everyones house. They fall out of peoples pants when they walk. Don't look too close.

* How did the blood on Darlie's nightshirt get there and whose is it?
obvious answer
That's what the prosecution wanted to know. after she slit her throat it poured down and plunged the knife into her kid the spray came up. so both.

* Did the police get debris on the knife in the kitchen while investigating the murder or did it come from the screen door?
good question, I don't see how this points to her innocence

In all, they have very little to try to bring to the table. The wound on her neck is consistent with trying to slash your own throat. But just deep enough where it won't kill you. Whereas her offspring had deep thrusts hers were superficial.
It seems the questions they think were with held are not really questions at all.
Can you say Susan Smith?

the 911 call was closer to 6 minutes. She spent the majority of the time explaining why her prints were on the knife. That was 6 minutes she could have spent saving her child.

I don't have too much to say because I haven't read the links but when [MENTION=405]Nell[/MENTION] mentioned the silly string incident I remembered watching the story on a crime show. I don't remember what I watched but I do remember thinking that the silly string incident wasn't as wacky as they were portraying it. I'm saying I may do something like that too

I don't have too much to say because I haven't read the links but when [MENTION=405]Nell[/MENTION] mentioned the silly string incident I remembered watching the story on a crime show. I don't remember what I watched but I do remember thinking that the silly string incident wasn't as wacky as they were portraying it. I'm saying I may do something like that too

Hello Ms. Rockin!!!

I didn't bring up the silly string story because there were 2 different sides of it. Darlie says they had just finished with the Memorial Service (which was very serious) that they film crew did NOT film. Then they went and "Celebrated" one of the boy's birthday and that's what he would have wanted. That part the film crew did film. I guess it's how you want to look at it. The only catty thing I'll say about it is, I don't know many moms of 2 murdered children that would wear tiny denim cut-off short to their Memorial Service.

And I will also add, in the court transcripts, the neighbor across the street, observed and testified the following...

The Routier's had a large ornate water fountain in their front yard. After the murders, a makeshift shrine (ala Caylee) was made in the front yard, all kinds of stuffed animals, etc. Shortly after the boys were buried, the neighbors saw Darin and Darlie, pull up and park in their driveway. She observed Darin going to the shrine and he & Darlie started to take it down. She saw Darin throwing the stuffed animals to Darlie, & she would pitch them in the truck, cheering when she would chuck it in. she said they were laughing and carrying on making a big joke of it. The neighbor was horrified, of course. Later Darlie said it was her sister with Darin, but the neighbor swears it was Darlie.

if you guys want to send her a letter, i found an address for her. It was from a post from jan of this year on another site. i was searching the net to get more info on her case.

You can write directly to Darlie by addressing your envelope to:

Darlie Routier
2305 Ransom Road
Gatesville TX 76528

if you guys want to send her a letter, i found an address for her. It was from a post from jan of this year on another site. i was searching the net to get more info on her case.

You can write directly to Darlie by addressing your envelope to:

Darlie Routier
2305 Ransom Road
Gatesville TX 76528

Great, I was wondering who I was going to drop a line to since Osama bit the dust.

Thanks for your thoughtfulness!!

(hope you know I'm just kidding =) )

I should say, that she still has her son and from what they say he visits her and they Love each other very much. I hope for his sake that I am vry wrong about his mom.

Last edited:
This case has always bugged me because I am so on the fence with what I think but I do lean more toward not guilty. I seen The new episode of deadly women was on tonight so I recorded it. I like the host of this show and feel respect for what she has to say, So I'm looking forward to watching this and seeing if I get some sense of new clarity.

The husband of Texas death row inmate Darlie Routier has divorced the former homemaker who was condemned after her young sons were fatally stabbed in their suburban Dallas home.

Darin Routier said after filing for divorce in June that he still believed the woman was innocent. The divorce was finalized Friday in Lubbock County, where Darin Routier lives with the pair's youngest son.

Darlie Routier was convicted in 1997 of killing 5-year-old Damon a year earlier. The 40-year-old also was charged with killing Damon's 6-year-old brother, Devon, but was not tried for the death.

The woman contends an unidentified intruder killed the boys and stabbed her in their Rowlett home. One of 10 women awaiting lethal injection in Texas, Darlie Routier is housed in Gatesville, between Dallas and Austin.
http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/news/texas/111004-TXRoutierDivorce_54706507?obref=obinsite

I remember this case clearly and I always had doubts about her guilt. But I would like for her ex to be closely looked at...

Wow! Thanks, that certainly seems to clinch it. Tho if they'd asked me, I would have told them the bitch did it.

Wow! Thanks, that certainly seems to clinch it. Tho if they'd asked me, I would have told them the bitch did it.

I know a lot of people thought she didn't, but I could never get past the 911 call. She doesn't seem like a parent who is frantic to get help for her critically wounded children. She sounds like a manipulative drama queen who is trying to buy enough time for the children to die before help arrives. Years later, I saw the videos of the birthday party, and I knew that wasn't right. Lots of people try to put on a brave face and say that they are celebrating the life of their dead loved one, but they never manage to look very joyful. Routier seemed like she was having a blast at her boys' "party." You would never have known the guests of honor were dead, let alone so fresh in their graves.

One thing I could never understand is why she would have taken such a chance with her own injury. Just a little slip and it could have been fatal. Also, she had some wicked bruises. I think there is a really important story behind these things, but I don't think the story would help Darlie's case any.

My mother thought Darlie the saddest, most tragic woman who was railroaded into prison by corrupt officials. Nothing you could say to her would make her think any different. My mother was a piece of work for real.

There was another famous female death row inmate in Texas that my mother just looooved too, but I can't think of her name right at this moment. They had her dead to rights too.

I inherited my love of crime novels and Tv shows from my mother, just I am a bit more jaded. {ALOT}

My mother thought Darlie the saddest, most tragic woman who was railroaded into prison by corrupt officials. Nothing you could say to her would make her think any different. My mother was a piece of work for real.

There was another famous female death row inmate in Texas that my mother just looooved too, but I can't think of her name right at this moment. They had her dead to rights too.

I inherited my love of crime novels and Tv shows from my mother, just I am a bit more jaded. {ALOT}

Since I also thought she was innocent I'm not sure if this should offend me or not.....

Since I also thought she was innocent I'm not sure if this should offend me or not.....

Nah don't be offended, I'm sure you had more compelling reasons than because she was pretty, blonde and had a nice smile. That was basically all she based it on, she liked her.
[doublepost=1456329538,1456329197][/doublepost]I just went and googled to try and find the other one my mother looooved.

Karla Faye Tucker, my mother didn't think a sweet young thing could have possibly done what she did, she's a christian woman, she didn't beat a man and woman to death with a pickaxe while having multiple orgasms! LOL

Just adding my opinion, because I have very strong feelings on this case.
There is no doubt (reasonable or otherwise) in my mind that Darlie Routier is exactly where she belongs, awaiting the fate that she most assuredly deserves.

I've listened to the 911 call dozens of times, and THREE TIMES during that call she mentioned the knife she "picked up" and spoke about her fingerprints possibly being on it. I cannot imagine any innocent mother who's sons lay dying in the room before her, who'd decide this was a good time to discuss fingerprints.... not once, but three times.
She directed Darrin to help Devon with good reason: Damon was still alive, and had he received assistance, he might've made it, which would've been trouble when he told the truth of who the monster was who stabbed his brother to death and brought the same knife down on him as he lay there, a five-year-old in Power Rangers pajamas.

There's just so much evidence here to go over: the untouched jewelry (including her Rolex) the complete lack of an intruder anywhere in that home that night (no footprints... that place was a veritable bloodbath, and no footprints? Guy either had no feet or didn't exist.) The many different stories she told of the "attack," the absolute lies she told in letters written to family from jail, just SO much... impossible to dissect here, but kind of a fascinating case, forensically speaking. Her mother, "Mama Darlie" has raised so many thousands of dollars for her "defense fund" but how much has been used as a reward for help in finding the real killer? Wouldn't they at least try to have him/her brought to justice? Their cause is about Darlie only; Devon and Damon seem to have been forgotten, on both Darlie and Darrin's sides of the family.

Find me a grandmother who never mentions capturing/punishing whoever butchered her young grandsons, and it's gonna be one who doesn't mention that because the butcherer is her own daughter. It's repulsive and disgusting, in my opinion, and I hope Texas never loses sight of who the real victims are in this case. God knows these families have.

Her supporters bought her some time by way of more DNA tests (which showed nothing whatsoever we didn't already know.) Texas didn't earn it's reputation by putting off executions or allowing inmates to continue to cry foul every time their Date of Execution nears.
And in this case, I'm in complete agreement: find a vein and put this narcissistic, self-entitled monster to sleep. Tick tock, Texas; it doesn't take a Rolex to know: it's time.

Last edited:
So does this mean that Darile has exhausted all appeals now and the State can go forward in setting a new date of execution?

It almost depends on who you listen to, Victoria.

Her "supporters" say they should be able to continue raising funds to use "in case more tests become available" which is, of course, ludicrous: So.... what, just keep convicted murderers in prison in case another test is developed, thus holding up her execution indefinitely?

Texas isn't seeing it that way (can you imagine the precedence that would set?) They are more than aware of the time that's already been lost -- time bought by her crazy "supporter" group who I believe KNEW that nothing would be discovered in that new testing, but Darlie would buy herself another year or two (which is exactly what happened.)

Meanwhile, they'll continue to post rumors such as "her necklace saved her life!" and such crap in an effort to sway the public's opinion, even if it's swayed by lies. But no worries; she's only been convicted of Damon's murder; they saved Devon's to prosecute in case anything went wrong with this one.... and despite how it must seem, nothing's gone wrong here at ALL.

I'd say she'll get a DOE (date of execution this year, to be sure.) Although in the press conference I saw, when asked about further testing as it was made available was NOT an issue in this case; it had been granted, was done, and the verdict stands.

I'm definitely one who'd rather see 99 guilty people let go than to see one innocent one have to stay imprisoned for a crime they didn't commit. But this isn't those cases, nor are there similarities. Because at day's end, what matters is only "Did she murder them" And the only answer that makes ANY sense is a resounding, "Yes. Yes, she did."

So tired of hearing her spewing lies and pretending to care about the sons she murdered as they slept, two beautiful young boys who deserved so very, very much more.

Find me a grandmother who never mentions capturing/punishing whoever butchered her young grandsons, and it's gonna be one who doesn't mention that because the butcherer is her own daughter.

Agree. And it's damn sure that she doesn't want to be known as the one that spawned a brutal butcher for fear of what it says about her as a mother. Hmmm ... Now who does that put me in mind of? Something about a hammer, a garden hose and a live performance nightly on the lawn and even in the street. :whistle:

. Routier will again insist she was wrongfully convicted in a documentary airing this week on American program 20/20, which examines new tests of crucial crime scene evidence.

Damon Christian Routier

23 years ago today Damon and his bother, Devon, were murdered by the woman that gave birth to them.

I hope today is the one day that she finds no peace, no solace in her lies or sanctuary in her denials.
Devon Rush Routier

'Mirroring' is a thing. when you watch someone talk about a traumatic experience or a loss then you will feel some of the hurt and pain. because of mirroring.
when you watch killers lie then you feel nothing. no matter how good the lies are. you are mirroring what they feel.
watch Darlie speak and see what you mirror.

Back