• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://www.mlive.com/news/jackson/index.ssf/2018/05/accused_child_abuser_kicked_6-.html
danny-jermeay-8dbf1606eeb8945c.jpg

[....]
Danny Jermeay, 46, is charged with second-degree child abuse and domestic violence third offense in connection with the case.

Police investigating the report of abuse at Jermeay's Hanover Township home on April 2 found the child there with visible injuries, leading to Jermeay's arrest, police said.

The person who called 911 met with police near Jermeay's home and told them she saw a child crying outside the home, according to a police report obtained by MLive and The Jackson Citizen Patriot through a Freedom of Information Act request.

The witness said she then saw a man, later identified as Jermeay, come out of the house and grab the child, throwing her to the ground and kicking her in the stomach, the report says.

Deputies approached the home, looked through a window and saw Jermeay and the 6-year-old girl sitting inside. Deputies could hear Jermeay swearing at the child and then witnessed him pick the child up and scream in her face, the report says.

Jermeay answered the door and talked to the deputies. His eyes were bloodshot and he had a strong odor of intoxicants about him, the report says.
[....]
He denied putting his hands on the 6-year-old, the report says.

Checking on the child, deputies noticed she had a cut on her lip, a broken tooth, bruises and a swollen eye. Deputies also noticed two clumps of hair on the floor that appeared to have been ripped from the girl's scalp, the report indicates.

The child, crying, told police Jermeay hit her in the face, kicked her in the stomach and pulled her by her hair. She was taken to Henry Ford Allegiance Health for treatment.

The hair was taken by police as evidence.

Jermeay was arrested on suspicion of child abuse. A preliminary breath test taken at the Jackson County Jail showed Jermeay had a blood alcohol content of 0.14, the report says.

The girl was eventually air lifted from Jackson to C.S. Mott Children's Hospital in Ann Arbor after emergency room staff indicated she may have had some bleeding by her kidneys, the report says.

Police contacted the child's mother, who told police Jermeay had a history of abuse to her but did not believe he had ever harmed the child prior to the incident.
[....]
After Jermeay's arrest, several former girlfriends contacted police and described abuse they claimed they suffered at Jermeay's hands, the report says.

One told police Jermeay threatened to burn her house down with her and her kids in it if she called police to report his abuse, the report says.

Jermeay's ex-wife told police Jermeay drank a fifth of alcohol every night and would frequently break down crying about how having a child ruined his life, the report said.

Jermeay bonded out of jail shortly after being arraigned on the abuse charge but was returned days later for violating a bond condition that he have no contact with anyone involved in the case.

It was later discovered he was using another jail inmate's phone pin code to make calls in an attempt to avoid being traced by police, the report says.

Jermeay is lodged in the Jackson County Jail awaiting trial. No court dates have been scheduled.

His current g/f finally admitted they had a fight that day and that he hit her. She was afraid to report it until LE pressured her.

Some things. First, and this isn't all that important... I absolutely despise the way his name is spelled.

Second, it takes a little bit of force to rip hair right from the scalp. It hurts like hell too. That's insane.

Third, fuck her mother with something hard and sandpapery for leaving her daughter with a 'man' she knows has abusive tendencies. That admission alone, warrants her arrest.

This is what it's like living with an alcoholic. You never know what will set them off or what they will do. Poor little girl. Not only does she have an abusive alcoholic father, she has as stupid, blind idiot for a mother. "Oh, he's abusive but he would NEVER hurt his little girl". Pfffft. Dumbass. You don't start out kicking a little girl in the stomach. This coward has probably smacked her around her whole life and has just now worked up to this level. If that neighbor hadn't intervened this little girl would probably be dead by now.

@Satanica
A man accused of kicking a 6-year-old girl in the stomach and pulling clumps of hair from her head has pleaded guilty to child abuse and domestic violence charges.

Danny Jermeay, 47, pleaded guilty March 29 to one count each of second-degree child abuse and domestic violence, court records show.

@Satanica
Danny Jermeay apologized for the incident and promised to continue his sobriety.

“Now I can’t look at my daughter without realizing I hurt her,” Jermeay said. “I know she’s forgiven me. She has a huge heart, but she won’t forget and neither will I.”

A man who pleaded guilty in April to severely beating his 6-year-old daughter last year will spend one year in prison.

“What happened in April 2018 was really bad. I mean really, really bad,” Assistant Prosecuting Attorney Kelsey McKinnie said. "That little girl was hurt. She was terrified. That was a terrible, terrible moment in her life. But I also can’t discount everything that the defendant has done since that moment. I can’t not look at that.”

Since the incident, Jermeay has worked with Child Protective Services to regain parental rights, working his way from monitored visits to almost fully restored rights, McKinnie said.

He also attended anger management sessions, parenting classes, substance abuse treatment, Keeping Families Together counseling and individual counseling, defense attorney Brian Hilderley said.

The prosecutor’s office and Hilderley agreed to a recommended sentence of one year in prison, followed by five years probation. The agreement was reached in part because the victim’s mother said she wanted the girl to have a relationship with her father, McKinnie said.

“I’ve got a victim who has a mother,” McKinnie said. “That mother is saying ‘This is a good dude when he’s sober and I want him to maintain a relationship with his daughter.’”

Back