• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
Please remember, I believe these people people will kill to get money and converts and keep their organization secret.

Their preachers are male and female and act so innocent. They lie without blinking.

https://familylaws.uslegal.com/chil...y-reporting/alabama-mandatory-reporting-laws/

According to Alabama laws, all hospitals, clinics, sanitariums, doctors, physicians, surgeons, medical examiners, coroners, dentists, osteopaths, optometrists, chiropractors, podiatrists, nurses, school teachers and officials, peace officers, law enforcement officials, pharmacists, social workers, day care workers or employees, mental health professionals, members of the clergy as defined in Rule 505 of the Alabama Rules of Evidence, or any other person called upon to render aid or medical assistance to any child shall report or cause to report incidents where a child below the age of 18 is known or suspected to be a victim of child abuse or neglect. However, a member of the clergy shall not be required to report information gained solely in a privileged confidential communication.

The head of the organization in Texas is Lyle Schober.

They destroy families by getting a child to believe in their tale that they are the one true way to heaven.

When the child becomes unloving and turns against their parents they justify it by misusing these Bible verses:

Luke 12:53 The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

However, being unloving and hating your parents is completely against what Jesus Christ and his apostles taught.

Same as it ever was, thus the reason for the warning about false prophets, etc. However, I'm not a believer at all any more. I've come to see religion as just another form of domestication programming. Spirituality does not equal religion. Religion is an invention while spirituality just is and is part of our dna. We are naturally introspective and seek meaning and answers as to where we fit with everything else..

This is public information. if you research secretive religious orders

A quick google search yields no results for any of the names I've tried. It may be public info, but it appears to be poorly reported upon public info. Not a single news story from all ive seen, which is odd considering how sketchy and creepo youre making it all out to be.

If you know people in law enforcement, please talk with them and ask them why they are not investigating this organization. I have come to the conclusion that law enforcement is being paid by a fixer, to look the other way. Will you help me expose this group? Many children are abused, mentally, physically and sexually as a result of their teachings and what is being done? Please talk with your local law enforcement. I can provide more details and the inner operation of the group if you would like to hear more.

Have you talked to authorities?

The media might be a better option with something like this btw. Have you attempted that avenue? Might be able to finally get some footing/interest as it relates to this recent shocking child abuse story.

And yes, def share any and ALL info you have. Names/addresses and definitely anything substantial(pictures, things of that nature) establishing wrongdoing are all more than welcome. If any of these people have facebook pages, link those as well.

Kinda feels like youre painting this entire church and anyone who is a part of it as a crazed, dangerous cultist. There's a lot of child rapists in the Catholic church, however that doesnt mean every priest and every Catholic is a sick demented predator. I would think the same would apply to this religion youre denouncing in this thread as well.

What exactly is the significance of naming who the head of it in texas is, or any other state? Did they do something wrong while holding that position? Any specifics?

The head of the organization in Texas is Lyle Schober.

And did he used to do stuff up in Minnesota?

There is some stuff regarding a pedophile in a church in minnesota and Lyl Schobers name pops up(not as the perpetrator, and there were no accusations of wrongdoing against him at all).

Jerome Frandle was an overseer of the 2x2 religion in Michigan. He was accused of failing to report child sexual abuse. He claimed during one of the hearings that he was not a minister, and yet he is the head of all the ministers (or was) in Michigan. He suddenly decided that God was calling him to oversee the 2x2 religion in Kentucky and Tennessee.

Ruben Mata was a preacher of the same religion. He molested many kids in Mexico and their preachers moved him to USA to avoid prosecution. They put him in homes of followers who had kids. They knew what was going on. I don't think all of the preachers are pedophiles, because not all of them have been accused, tried and convicted. But the head ministers in California for this organization protected a pedophile and didn't warn families with kids. What is that called?

Ira Hobbs was the overseer of the organization in Texas years ago and he was a known child molestor. What is it called when ministers make one of their leaders who is a pedophile to be their head preacher?

I suppose that pedophiles are not dangerous and crazed if you're not the kid who is sexually abused.

The heads of the organization know what is going on. Their home church leaders report things to their local preachers who report these things to the state leaders.

Typically leaders of organizations lead the group. So when leaders fail to report child sexual abuse and move perpetrators to other counties, or states or countries, I think that this is a reflection on the organization.

I think the head of organizations are important people to know when learning about a religion, so it's important to name them.

And if they are the light of the world as they claim, wouldn't they want everyone to know who they are and what they are doing so people can be enlightened?

What is the name of this "religion"?
That's the hell of it, notch. They don't have one -- at least, not one they use among themselves the way Mormons, Catholics, or Methodists do.

--Al
appalled at what I have learned just in the past hour

Among themselves they call themselves "the way", "the truth", "the faith", insinuating that they or their group are Jesus Christ himself.
Some claim their preachers are "God come in the flesh", though many would deny it.
They have incorporated under the name of Christian Conventions of ....[province or state name goes here]
But any time they register as charity, for example, in Australia as Christian Conventions of Victoria, they don't disclose their contributions and blatantly lie to authorities.
In Canada, they used the name "Christian Conventions", but they hate Christians and lie to them every day of the week.
They lie to reporters, they lie to authorities. They are so secretive and deceitful, that I think they use this to frustrate people into giving up when investigated.

One of their big" tricks" is getting people to believe that they are the only way to heaven so they can get them to sign a codicile to will (transfering) their estate to them.

There are reasons to believe they have hundreds of millions of dollars in various assets around the world.

How in the world can you accumulate so much money and operate as a for-profit organization and hide all this income that is doled out to the presidents of these organizations?

The heads of these organizations like to create "church conventions" which are million dollar estates They build large "meeting halls" or "meeting sheds".

They then use these large facilities to run other businesses.

In Europe for example, they have a large property with many houses. They rent out these houses except for the 1-2 weeks out of the year that they use it for their "church" (I no longer think it is a church but rather organized crime)

Where is the IRS on all this?

I want to know.

Which of us could do these things and not declare our income?

In oregon their preachers were forbidden to file income tax returns. It seems the same in other states too.

Barry Barkley runs the organization on the whole East Coast.

Kelvin Naef operates the business in Georgia and Florida. Kelvin Naef was the man who allowed the church meeting in the home of Daniel Spurgeon, the guy who molested these foster children.

Daniel Spurgeon used to be a preacher of theirs, and so did his wife Jenise.

I wouldn't be surprised if Kelvin Naef (Florida head of organization) or Richard Gasser (Alabama head of organization) has records which indicate Daniel may have molested kids while living in the homes of the followers.

Last edited:
Here is a copy of a letter from Jim Girton who runs the organization in the Phillipines, baning them from using of social media:

Our Dear Philippine Worker Staff, June 2018

We feel it important to inform the whole staff regarding the use of Social Media on the Internet.

Some of our fellow workers and brethren locally and from abroad have expressed their concern. This input has come from them over a period of time. Several times it has been very clearly requested in our local workers staff meetings that all on our staff would cease using Facebook and close their accounts immediately on this social media. We want to be in unity with our brethren around the world in our stand on matters such as this.

Now, we have been discussing this again and we feel we need to also express this message to our friends in each field here in the Philippines. We would like to ask each pair of workers in your field to kindly request that our friends discontinue usage of any kind of social media. This would include Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, the Web sites True Friends, Filipino Friends, etc.. We are asking that from now on, each would limit their communication to e-mail for personal contact among friends when sending messages, pictures, etc. No longer posting their messages on social media Web sites which is sent all over the world, reaching our brethren in other nations.

We feel this will help our fellowship to be focused again on the simple truths of maintaining our relationship with God through prayer, reading the scripture, meditating, attending gospel meetings and fellowship meetings. We thank each of you in advance for your efforts to express this message to our friends in each field.

Your Brothers and Fellow Laborers in Christ,

Jim Girton, John Mastin, Bill Walker, Renante Fermin

Among themselves they call themselves "the way"
There are two discrete entities called, "The Way", that deal in religion. One, incorporated in 1947, seems to be more in line with conventional Protestant creeds and ritual; the other, this bunch, rejects much Protestant dogma seemingly out of hand.

I haven't had an opportunity to delve much further into this sect, but searching for "2x2 church" or "2x2 religion" will bring up quite a few pages and sites.

--Al

It makes it pretty obvious that it is organized crime when the heads of the organizations get upset when their pictures are posted on Facebook, message boards etc.

A man who fostered and adopted children while he lived in Alabama has pleaded guilty to 14 felony crimes for abusing, raping and torturing the children.

Daniel Spurgeon’s plea agreement will send him to prison for 25 years. The crimes happened when Spurgeon lived in Florence from 2008-15, according to the authorities.

“No, 25 years isn’t enough,” said Angie Hamilton, an assistant district attorney in Lauderdale County. “But we would have to go to trial for a life sentence. And that would mean revictimizing all of those kids, who would have to face that man for two weeks in court and relive everything that happened to them.”

Lauderdale County Circuit Judge Gil Self on Monday accepted Spurgeon’s plea. The judge scheduled a formal sentencing hearing for Aug. 12. At that hearing, the victims can speak publicly about the abuse they suffered, Hamilton said.

Daniel Spurgeon, 52, was arrested in 2016 by the Cape Coral Police Department after an investigation showed he was abusing 10 foster children in his care.

Spurgeon plead no contest to three counts of lewd or lascivious molestation and two counts of child neglect.

Spurgeon will serve 15 years for the Lee County charges, which will run concurrently to a 25-year sentence in Alabama.

Spurgeon will also be designated a sexual predator and will have no contact with victims.

In 2019, Spurgeon plead guilty to child abuse, sexual abuse and torture charges in Alabama, where he is set to do 25 years of prison time. He will serve his 15 years in Alabama.

The case against Jenise Spurgeon in Lee County remains open, records show. She is scheduled for a pretrial conference hearing in from of Judge Robert J. Branning on Jan. 5.

A Lauderdale County woman has entered a guilty plea in her high-profile child abuse case.

Jenise Spurgeon appeared in court Wednesday where she admitted abusing children.

Spurgeon, a Florence foster parent, pleaded guilty to 11 counts of aggravated child abuse.

The plea deal calls for 15 years in prison on each count, but she will serve only one year in prison.

Lauderdale County District Attorney Chris Connolly said Spurgeon’s victims support the deal. They wanted her to admit her guilt under oath, he said.

She still has multiple felony counts pending in Florida.

Back