• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
The Butler County Sheriff’s Dog Warden is investigating after a dog was found with her muzzle duct taped shut and her throat cut last weekend.

Butler County Sheriff Richard Jones said the dog, Dani, was discovered on the side of the road in the 5000 block of Trenton Franklin Road on Aug. 17.

“A gentleman was coming home from work in Middletown and she darted out into the road and he pulled over and was able to get to her. She had her muzzle taped and she was bleeding from the neck,” Shari Wyenandt with HART said.

She was rushed to the veterinarian where a chip was located on the animal.

Jones said Dani is doing well and will keep the public updated on her progress.

The information on the chip came back to HART rescue in Cincinnati and they said they adopted the dog out in 2011.

Jones said that information is being investigated.

“This is appalling, words cannot describe the disgust I’m feeling right now, we will work diligently to find who did this and seek justice," Jones said.
1566707667054.png

Dogs have to be the most loving, caring & trusting animals on this planet. They love you no matter how bad your mood may be. They're always there to greet you when you return home with that tail wagging. I'll never understand for the life of me how a person can treat these babies so cruelly & unjustly. Another serial killer walking the streets until they find him. Karma will come back to Bite them - see what I did there?

The Butler County Sheriff’s Office on Monday provided an update on what was originally believed to be a horrible case of animal abuse.

The sheriff’s office was investigating several leads after a dog named Dani was said to have had her throat cut and her muzzle taped shut with duct tape.

According to Sheriff Richard Jones, it was determined that the person who initially reported finding Dani and taking her to the vet was the pup’s actual owner.

After interviewing the owner, it was determined the dog had cut her throat on a barbed wire fence and the owner could not afford the vet bills, so the family made up a story to get the dog free help.

The owner also told the detectives the dog did not have her muzzle taped shut. The snout area appeared to be injured due to the dog’s owners keeping her muzzled for several hours a day due to the animal chewing up items in the home and becoming aggressive toward their other dog, the sheriff said.

“After the investigation was completed it was determined that this incident did not occur in Butler County, but we will make a joint effort to work with the adjacent jurisdiction to ensure this case is dealt with appropriately,” the sheriff said.

Latest posts

Back