• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
I'm sure no one's brother-in-law won the contracts. :rolleyes:

http://www.fox4news.com/news/dallas-may-have-to-pay-back-4-million-to-feds-over-housing-fund-misuse
The City of Dallas may have to pay back $4.2 million to the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development after the feds found the city misspent tax dollars.
[....]
Photos in the audit show defective and substandard construction paid for with taxpayer money. The frame of one home extended over the slab by several inches and two other homes had flooding issues due to construction flaws. Despite the contractor's lack of experience, the city awarded it eight reconstruction projects.

The audit began after the city's own auditor found poor record keeping of how $30 million in HUD money was spent.

When FOX4 asked to see the city's records last year, the city said it would cost $2,200 for copies. So fox4 viewed six boxes of records at city hall and found much of HUD's required documentation, like final inspection reports, were missing.

Councilman Tennell Atkins is now the chair of the housing committee. He was not on the city council during the time period HUD audited.

“I think we're going to clean it up, hire the right people, train the right people and make sure it doesn't happen again,” Atkins said.

The audit also found a city employee tampered with a document during the review, prompting an email to staff that "original documents should never be deleted or altered.”

The city does not dispute that $1.3 million was misspent, but does argue that since thirteen homes were built it should not have to repay the money. The city did agree to pay for repairs to the homes.

City officials also released a statement that states the city has begun to address the problems by developing more rigorous internal controls.

So they agree that they misspent the money and hired bad and/or crooked contractors but still think it's not their responsibility to fix the bad construction? who do they think is gong to fix it? The constuction fairy?

They should pay the money back to the feds and fix what they guaranteed would be bad constuction..

Thirteen homes built for
HOW MUCH

FUCK. City bussines at its finest
So they still have Mobs in Texas
This is really messed up
Housing crisis is at a all time high
These mobsters are getting very rich

Your so right .. But low level might be a bit ( low ) seems like a awfully a lot of money to go Unnoticed ..
Seems like higher up in the level for that amount
We ha e to remember its only a few million
Now but if a real audit took place
I sm sure more is missing

We have it here also ..big Norman state
So slap on hands and repent ..
But its getting to where its E erywhere here now .teachers taking money
Fire Cheifs .water board etc
But that amount is crazy for what they produced
Plus Where is the deep story about it in the News ??
Names ??
Mob guys skimmed money a lot from hu dress of people at one time for years
But this is one dawn job
Was it not fishy from the beginning ??
And thesmall amount of homes built
Come on !,
These guys should be jailed for Ever
I just kinda think that One good guy in the City management would've blown the whistle long time ago

Sad sad ..we truly live in a me me world

Thank you for the story

Peace ..

When FOX4 asked to see the city's records last year, the city said it would cost $2,200 for copies. So fox4 viewed six boxes of records at city hall and found much of HUD's required documentation, like final inspection reports, were missing.

Hey if we charge an absorbent for the copies no ones going to check :whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle:

Your so right .. But low level might be a bit ( low ) seems like a awfully a lot of money to go Unnoticed ..
Seems like higher up in the level for that amount
We ha e to remember its only a few million
Now but if a real audit took place
I sm sure more is missing

We have it here also ..big Norman state
So slap on hands and repent ..
But its getting to where its E erywhere here now .teachers taking money
Fire Cheifs .water board etc
But that amount is crazy for what they produced
Plus Where is the deep story about it in the News ??
Names ??
Mob guys skimmed money a lot from hu dress of people at one time for years
But this is one dawn job
Was it not fishy from the beginning ??
And thesmall amount of homes built
Come on !,
These guys should be jailed for Ever
I just kinda think that One good guy in the City management would've blown the whistle long time ago

Sad sad ..we truly live in a me me world

Thank you for the story

Peace ..
Do you care to retype this so it can be read by a literate person?

Didnt you want to be The Moderator ??
Hum with attitude let me see ..
There is no edit button for one
Even after I posted it ..I could not if I tried.

Avoiding extremes,, Mild, Calm ,
So someone posts a story .a few messed up words etc
Your gonna throw it back at them with rude comments .
Maybe this was a test .To see if your really up to the task
Dont read my statements.
If they Upset you..
Ps have you ever considered that my phone might be having a bad day and connection sometimes is a problem and also No Edit button
Yea you be just great as a Moderator
Scare all potentially good story's coming in ..
Because your so much better then everyone else
Ps I am sure your Ignore button still works ..

This sort of low level corruption and graft are as old as civilization. Everyone knows this, so the big question is why there is always such a lack of oversight so that these can happen in the first place.
it's intentional

Didnt you want to be The Moderator ??
Hum with attitude let me see ..
There is no edit button for one
Even after I posted it ..I could not if I tried.

Avoiding extremes,, Mild, Calm ,
So someone posts a story .a few messed up words etc
Your gonna throw it back at them with rude comments .
Maybe this was a test .To see if your really up to the task
Dont read my statements.
If they Upset you..
Ps have you ever considered that my phone might be having a bad day and connection sometimes is a problem and also No Edit button
Yea you be just great as a Moderator
Scare all potentially good story's coming in ..
Because your so much better then everyone else
Ps I am sure your Ignore button still works ..
This was no test. You just fucked up everything. Looks like you're going to stay that way.

I've never used an ignore button, and never intend to. I like to see just how stupid people are.

Get an updated device and check again.

edit%20button.PNG

Not everyone can afford an upgrade, so a few others here have problems with theirs also. Many people have different levels of education. My ex graduated high school without being able to read. He hid it from everyone including me until I confronted him about not leaving a note that he was going to be gone. I communicate with people abroad for whom English is not their first language. I make the effort, because I want to know what they have to say.

Now, if someone's job involves speaking English then I feel I would have the right to complain if they're not understandable or botch up forms that I'm supposed to sign. Otherwise, I don't see it as a huge problem. Most of the time I get the gist of someone's alphabet soup, and that's what I find important anyway.

I'm going to agreed with notchback on this one. I expect unintelligible writing from turd defenders, but I hold DD members to higher standard. Not that haven't made mistakes (I often leave a word out), so the "edit" button is my friend, I use it quite often, and as far as my experience in using a wide range of computers and devices to access DD they all have the "edit" button available, so no upgrade should be needed.

Latest posts

Back